Gaga to nearly drop to Adele's 15th week sales next week

Kim

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't say who fault it was I just said that selling an album from an artist as big as Gaga for 99 cent and only selling 1 million isn't an acheivement in my opinion. Nothing to brag about. Usher, Taylor and Britney and them did it with out parlor tricks and back door antics.

Without the 99 cent ploy she would have sold no more than 600,000, and the fact that she is selling the CD in starbucks and walgreens and such makes it look even cheesier. :shifty::shifty::shifty:

Eh. She did it in 2011. It's still a HUGE DEAL. If people aren't interested, they're not buying it, no matter the price, and vice versa. Heidi Montag could've sold her album for 5 cents and it still wouldn't have gone Plastic first week, let alone Platinum.

Eh. She did it in 2011. It's still a HUGE DEAL. If people aren't interested, they're not buying it, no matter the price, and vice versa. Heidi Montag could've sold her album for 5 cents and it still wouldn't have gone Plastic first week, let alone Platinum.

Agreed. people's buying habits have changed. The hungry artists are trying to keep up and get as many ways as possible to tempt a potential purchase. Whether you are in line for your morning latee at Starbucks and decide hmm what the hell imma get this gaga cd, thats maybe 1 person that wouldnt have bothered going to a traditional store to get the cd. You gotta do whatever it takes these days to sell.

Maybe if the quality of music was actually somewhat decent, people would buy more records. Adele is successful because her album is outstanding.

Can you recommend a site where I can hear the full cd legally? I heard it was boring, so I decided not to buy until she released a few singles, but she's still on her first damn single. :mellow:

not when it comes to a overhyped mainstream artist. If someone with her hype drops her album price that low you will see people getting it even if they initially said that they wouldn't.

She would not hit 1M without that trick from amazon

I've seen lot's of people on other forums saying that they were not going to get the album till they saw that amazon was only changing 99 cents

Amazon bought the rights full price... they didn't know Amazon's ploy... it's not like they're calling each other... telling each other what price to sell them at...

The record company made their money... whatever price Amazon decides to sell at is at Amazon's discretion..

LOL, at you trying to deny this.

Quite obviously the record company and gaga knew about it.

That's like saying that mobile networks can charge what they wont for selling the iphone, which they can't. Apple has the rights to give a price they must sell the phone at. The same with music.

You can bet the record company and gaga even encouraged it cause they knew that the singles were flopping and so needed to push for 1 million sales to get publicity.

And also to those of you saying the price wouldn't make a difference to sales. Em, do you know a thing about business? Obviously not.

People are obviously more likely to buy a whole album at 99 cent than if offered it at 12.99, NO MATTER who it is. Less price = more sales. That's just simple supply and demand formula.

That's like saying that mobile networks can charge what they wont for selling the iphone, which they can't. Apple has the rights to give a price they must sell the phone at. The same with music.

You can bet the record company and gaga even encouraged it cause they knew that the singles were flopping and so needed to push for 1 million sales to get publicity.

And also to those of you saying the price wouldn't make a difference to sales. Em, do you know a thing about business? Obviously not.

People are obviously more likely to buy a whole album at 99 cent than if offered it at 12.99, NO MATTER who it is. Less price = more sales. That's just simple supply and demand formula.

sense

the mobile market isn't on a decline... Apple wanted control over their content.. it's how Apple works... if the market for mobile was as bleak as the music industry.. then yes.. businesses would lower their prices

Yes.. i see them plotting that there needs to be hype behind their... 'Hype' but i don't see them calling Amazon as asking them to take a loss

FACT: Amazon lost money in this deal

FACT: Amazon has pulled this crap with other "lesser" artists

FACT: the record company shipped out 2 million HARD copies of crap

i'm not saying i'm wrong or you're wrong...

Archived