Gaga to nearly drop to Adele's 15th week sales next week

Kim

Lady Gaga stays on top for at least one more week but, as expected, her sales plummet in week two without the Amazon 99 cent deal. Adele continues her almost unprecedented run, at least in the recent state of the business. Look for it to be a battle in two weeks between the two divas for the #1 spot. Of note this week, RED has a possible four titles in next week's Top 10, with Sony nabbing six overall. Here's how it looks at midweek:

Lady Gaga (Interscope) 180-195k

Adele (XL/Columbia) 120-130k

*Death Cab For Cutie (Atlantic) 90-95k

*Eddie Vedder (Monkeywrench) 60-65k

Brad Paisley (Arista Nashville) 60-65k

*My Morning Jacket (ATO/RED) 40-45k

Now 38 (Capitol/EMI) 40-45k

Jason Aldean (Broken Bow/RED) 28-32k

*Flogging Molly (Borstal Beat/RED) 27-30k

Mumford & Sons (Glassnote/RED) 25-28k

Glee : The Music Vol. 6 (Columbia) 19-22k

Lemonade Mouth (Walt Disney) 18-21k

MMG Presents: Self Made, Vol. 1 (Maybach/WB) 18-21k

Katy Perry (Capitol/EMI) 18-21k

Seether (Wind-up) 17-20k

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

Well damn. I wasn't expecting 500k or anything, but kinda disappointing after all the hoopla. -_-

:excited: @ Adele staying above 100k.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lady Gaga stays on top for at least one more week but, as expected, her sales plummet in week two without the Amazon 99 cent deal. Adele continues her almost unprecedented run, at least in the recent state of the business. Look for it to be a battle in two weeks between the two divas for the #1 spot. Of note this week, RED has a possible four titles in next week's Top 10, with Sony nabbing six overall. Here's how it looks at midweek:

Lady Gaga (Interscope) 180-195k

Adele (XL/Columbia) 120-130k

*Death Cab For Cutie (Atlantic) 90-95k

*Eddie Vedder (Monkeywrench) 60-65k

Brad Paisley (Arista Nashville) 60-65k

*My Morning Jacket (ATO/RED) 40-45k

Now 38 (Capitol/EMI) 40-45k

Jason Aldean (Broken Bow/RED) 28-32k

*Flogging Molly (Borstal Beat/RED) 27-30k

Mumford & Sons (Glassnote/RED) 25-28k

Glee : The Music Vol. 6 (Columbia) 19-22k

Lemonade Mouth (Walt Disney) 18-21k

MMG Presents: Self Made, Vol. 1 (Maybach/WB) 18-21k

Katy Perry (Capitol/EMI) 18-21k

Seether (Wind-up) 17-20k

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

Well damn. I wasn't expecting 500k or anything, but kinda disappointing after all the hoopla. -_-

:excited: @ Adele staying above 100k.

because people realize how wack that damn album is

Wow @ Adele - keep it going, girl! (It's so depressing to look at those figures overall, though - not many folks buying albums these days.)

I know. Look at the difference between #1 and #10. That ain't right. -_-

So you're saying that people bought it & didn't realize it was bad until after the fact they spent money on it despite it leaking a week in advance for everyone to hear? :umm:

Not everybody lives on the internet like we do here at this message board. A lot of folks purchased the album only hearing the singles, while others got it because of her name. Some purchased it because it was only 99 cents on amazon. Not everybody heard the leak.

But the overall reaction to the album has been mixed. Which might explain the tumble. I mean she dropped by like 70%. That's steep as hell. :mellow:

Not everybody lives on the internet like we do here at this message board. A lot of folks purchased the album only hearing the singles, while others got it because of her name. Some purchased it because it was only 99 cents on amazon. Not everybody heard the leak.

But the overall reaction to the album has been mixed. Which might explain the tumble. I mean she dropped by like 70%. That's steep as hell. :mellow:

She sold 1.1 million, albums barely clear 3-4 million anymore and thats for super successful 2 year plus runs. It was never gonna sell 10 million she still has potentially 3+ number 1 singles on the album and can tour it she should easily clear 3 mill by the end.

If you sell alot your first week you can expect a drastic drop the next week because most people who probably wanted the album most likely got it. Taylor Swift dropped 70% after "Speak Now" opened with 1m as well. The reaction to the album has been fairly well according to metacritic http://www.metacritic.com/music/born-this-way & I dont know how the general public is receiving it, but quite frankly if 1 million people bought it first week & didn't like I dont see how their dislike would have to do with whoever bought it the second week or the following weeks after. The album isn't over & as long as she can consistently sell she'll be good.

She sold 1.1 million, albums barely clear 3-4 million anymore and thats for super successful 2 year plus runs. It was never gonna sell 10 million she still has potentially 3+ number 1 singles on the album and can tour it she should easily clear 3 mill by the end.

I never argued any of those points. :mellow:

I just said she had a steep drop for the second week and that maybe the mixed reactions from the people who purchased it made other hesitant. I never called her a flop or said she wouldn't sell. I'm sure she'll do well. :unsure:

because people realize how wack that damn album is

That .99 cent ploy was wack. I don't look at her as a million seller. Thats worst than mariah's antics in the 90s. At least they were singles selling for a buck and not entire albums.

Oh and Ralphie...you are so right. The album is wack. So far "Bad Kids", and "Bloody Mary" and "Hair" is starting to grow on me, but I hated the album at first listen. I liked Britney's much more. :excited:>_<

That .99 cent ploy was wack. I don't look at her as a million seller. Thats worst than mariah's antics in the 90s. At least they were singles selling for a buck and not entire albums.

Oh and Ralphie...you are so right. The album is wack. So far "Bad Kids", and "Bloody Mary" and "Hair" is starting to grow on me, but I hated the album at first listen. I liked Britney's much more. :excited:>_<

The 99c deal was Amazon, not Gaga.

The 99c deal was Amazon, not Gaga.

I didn't say who fault it was I just said that selling an album from an artist as big as Gaga for 99 cent and only selling 1 million isn't an acheivement in my opinion. Nothing to brag about. Usher, Taylor and Britney and them did it with out parlor tricks and back door antics.

Without the 99 cent ploy she would have sold no more than 600,000, and the fact that she is selling the CD in starbucks and walgreens and such makes it look even cheesier. :shifty::shifty::shifty:

Archived