To the exercisers

Paul

I started exercising everyday about 4 weeks ago, while I see that I'm getting toned and my chest is getting bigger and my ass is firm, I don't understand why I'm not much slimmer.....last year when I starved myself I got way thinner so quickly.

Yesterday when I was walking I could feel myself jiggle, that has never happened, and my stomach fat is not firm anymore (not that there's a whole lot there)

Is this process normal? Or should I restrict my diet?

I started exercising everyday about 4 weeks ago, while I see that I'm getting toned and my chest is getting bigger and my ass is firm, I don't understand why I'm not much slimmer.....last year when I starved myself I got way thinner so quickly.

Yesterday when I was walking I could feel myself jiggle, that has never happened, and my stomach fat is not firm anymore (not that there's a whole lot there)

u answered ur own question :thumbup:

Losing weight is about creating a deficit in your caloric intake/consumption. If you burn up more than you take in, then you will lose weight. If you exercise like mad, but also eat like crazy, then you will simply tone up, not lose weight.

Are you just working out or are you on a diet?

I'm just working out, doing a mix of toning and aerobic exercise. Im eating the same as I was before so I thought the added exercise would make me loose fat, but it seems like I'm building muscle under the fat, and if I am losing fat, the muscle is pushing what's left outwards!

Lol, no but, at that time I didnt exercise, I just didn't eat. Now I'm eating normally, but exercising and I am disappointed because I expected to see results quicker

I'm just working out, doing a mix of toning and aerobic exercise. Im eating the same as I was before so I thought the added exercise would make me loose fat, but it seems like I'm building muscle under the fat, and if I am losing fat, the muscle is pushing what's left outwards!

i believe if you were to run at least an hour everyday, that stomach would be gone in no time.

Losing weight is about creating a deficit in your caloric intake/consumption. If you burn up more than you take in, then you will lose weight. If you exercise like mad, but also eat like crazy, then you will simply tone up, not lose weight.

Id guess I'm using more calories than I eat.....its just taking longer to see results than I expected

Lol, no but, at that time I didnt exercise, I just didn't eat. Now I'm eating normally, but exercising and I am disappointed because I expected to see results quicker

well sometime ur body will "Plateau" and u have to increase what u r doing to see results. I hate exercising >_< :&

I can't run that long, I prefer doing boxing and press ups and short sprints :)

oh okay, i believe that walking an hour a day would work too, you would see faster results if you were to run or at least jog. but everybody is different, you may have to find what works for your body specifically. -_-

well sometime ur body will "Plateau" and u have to increase what u r doing to see results. I hate exercising >_< :&

thats why i dance, its so much fun and you get to be creative in the process and it keeps the body cute and toned.

oh okay, i believe that walking an hour a day would work too, you would see faster results if you were to run or at least jog. but everybody is different, you may have to find what works for your body specifically. -_-

It's hard because I've been blessed with those lovely black genes which like to build muscle quickly, which is fantastic, but not when theres a thin layer of fat over them lol

Your right, I guess I need to do more aerobic stuff :)

Is that what you do? Starve yourself? :lmao:

Try counting your calories and see what works for you.

Archived