Wimbledon

Kim

You will not come for the Greatest of All Time, Rogod Goderer.

#neaux1curr for Rogout Fartface.

Cocky, always ready to put himself on a pedestal, constantly throwing unecessary bitchy comments towards the WTA and the wta players ... And that freaking TACKY Logo :umm:

cdpZs.gif

I also am not here for Miss Federer. She irks me. I never liked her, even when she was at the start of her dominance.

cdpZs.gif

I used to be here for Regina but not anymore. Cocky, always ready to put himself on a pedestal, constantly throwing unecessary bitchy comments towards the WTA and the wta players ... And that freaking TACKY Logo :umm:

Receipts? And the logo is clever. Some guy from Serbia tried to create his but it isn't be as iconic as Goderer's.

I also am not here for Miss Federer. She irks me. I never liked her, even when she was at the start of her dominance.

Clearly, there are people who don't appreciate beautiful tennis. The early Federer era was one of the best years in tennis. Years when beautiful, attacking kind of tennis actually won. Now it's all about looong and boooring rallies. :yawn:

#neaux1curr for Rogout Fartface.

He's not the most handsome man but I find him really appealing. His hair is purrrfect. ^_^

Receipts? And the logo is clever. Some guy from Serbia tried to create his but it isn't be as iconic as Goderer's.

Clearly, there are people who don't appreciate beautiful tennis. The early Federer era was one of the best years in tennis. Years when beautiful, attacking kind of tennis actually won. Now it's all about looong and boooring rallies. :yawn:

He's not the most handsome man but I find him really appealing. His hair is purrrfect. ^_^

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/wtatour/4581657/Jelena-Jankovic-fires-broadside-at-Roger-Federer.html

Roger gives his opinion on the ATP/WTA court scheduling....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080121...NZzYXrgz5Mz7QF

Women's tennis match should have moved to avoid midnight farce: Federer

by Robert Smith Mon Jan 21, 4:52 AM ET

MELBOURNE (AFP) - Roger Federer says a women's match should have been moved on centre court to prevent the farcical circumstances that led to the latest finish in Grand Slam history at the Australian Open.

Ramifications continued Monday over the organisers' decision to schedule a midnight start to a third round match between former finalists Lleyton Hewitt and Marcos Baghdatis that ended at 4:33am (1733 GMT) Sunday.

Hewitt won in five sets in four and three-quarter hours, giving his fourth round opponent, third seed Novak Djokovic, the benefit of an extra night's rest.

Tournament director Craig Tiley said he had consulted with Venus Williams and Sania Mirza on the possibility of moving their preceding match off centre court to allow for an earlier start to the men's match, but they refused.

The Herald Sun newspaper claimed Williams and Mirza were involved in an 25-minute "running row" with Tiley over the issue.

Federer, who with 12 Grand Slams is ranked by some as the greatest player of all-time, was asked, hypothetically, at a press conference if he would have moved his match if he had been requested to do so in a similar situation.

"I'm a pretty relaxed guy. Look, I don't ask for much in tournaments. If I ask for something they (organisers) know it's for real and they trust me, whatever," he said.

"But if they would come and tell me, 'You've got to move'. Honestly, I think the players shouldn't have too much of a say.

"We're happy to be playing here and we're happy they're putting us on Rod Laver Arena. Is it bad to be on Vodafone Arena? I don't think so. It's still a wonderful court.

"I'm not going after the ladies, I'm just saying I would be pretty relaxed and I would accept anything they would have done with me really at that stage.

"Really it happens so rarely that sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and you have to go through those things."

Federer said he also advocates an earlier start to night session matches to minimise the possibility of early morning finishes which disadvantage winners for their ensuing matches.

"I think we should maybe start the night sessions an hour earlier," he said.

"Instead of 7:30pm, why not 6:30pm? I'm not the mastermind behind everything. But I do agree sometimes the matches do start too late for us.

"That's what you get when you want to put women's and men's matches at the same time."

The reason matches at Melbourne Park start at 7.30pm is primarily to satisfy television interests.

Williams was reluctant to answer questions on the issue Monday, but defended the decision not to move her match off centre court.

"I think it wasn't just me. It was Sania Mirza also. Both of us wanted to play our match as scheduled, which is a normal thing to want," she said.

"So I think the tournament did a good job of recognizing the schedule. Everyone was dealing with the circumstances, all of the players, not just one. So we all did the best that we could."

Hewitt's match was running so late on Saturday because Federer was unexpectedly taken to five sets in an earlier match on centre court that ran to over four hours.

Tiley has insisted that giving the green light for the midnight start was the right thing to do, although the decision has been widely criticised in the media.

Those are two but there are more.

Not the pretentiousness of beautiful tennis. That is ALL subjective, give me Nalbandian, Grosjean etc every single day of the week over Regina so called beautiful tennis. And nobody talked about his tennis, everyone mentioned his bitchy full of himself personality. All you have to do is watch his post matches interviews and see how far up his own ass he is. :rolleyes:

I don't use Djoker as well, he is the shepherd for Tacky ppl, he is even worse than Regina when it comes to that. I don't like piggy as well but he doesn't irk me and you can blame the homogenization of the surfaces for that passive long rallies type of tennis :thumbdown:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/wtatour/4581657/Jelena-Jankovic-fires-broadside-at-Roger-Federer.html

Those are two but there are more.

Not the pretentiousness of beautiful tennis. That is ALL subjective, give me Nalbandian, Grosjean etc every single day of the week over Regina so called beautiful tennis. And nobody talked about his tennis, everyone mentioned his bitchy full of himself personality. All you have to do is watch his post matches interviews and see how far up his own ass he is. :rolleyes:

I don't use Djoker as well, he is the shepherd for Tacky ppl, he is even worse than Regina when it comes to that. I don't like piggy as well but he doesn't irk me and you can blame the homogenization of the surfaces for that passive long rallies type of tennis :thumbdown:

You what, I was expecting you to bring up that Jelena article. And Roger was correct, as usual.

Federer is not called the "Maestro" or a "Ballerina" for nothing. His tennis is the most beautiful I have ever seen. Watching him float across the court, hitting with his single-handed backhand is a sight to behold.

I agree about Nalbandian. He is immensely talented as a player. 2005 Nalby, alongside Marat ( :wub: ) was a serious threat to Fed.

I never liked Nole in the beginning but now I am learning to appreciate him. He has matured a lot but there are times when he irritates me. Case in point is his over the top celebrations. :sigh:

Speaking of homogenization, it's really sad that courts have been slowed down in favor of defensive players. Turn back time when wooden racquets are still used, the Federers, Simons, Gasquets, Kohlschreibers, Llodras, Davydenkos, Rochuses, and to some extent, Murrays would be the top guys. -_-

You what, I was expecting you to bring up that Jelena article. And Roger was correct, as usual.

Federer is not called the "Maestro" or a "Ballerina" for nothing. His tennis is the most beautiful I have ever seen. Watching him float across the court, hitting with his single-handed backhand is a sight to behold.

I agree about Nalbandian. He is immensely talented as a player. 2005 Nalby, alongside Marat ( :wub: ) was a serious threat to Fed.

I never liked Nole in the beginning but now I am learning to appreciate him. He has matured a lot but there are times when he irritates me. Case in point is his over the top celebrations. :sigh:

Speaking of homogenization, it's really sad that courts have been slowed down in favor of defensive players. Turn back time when wooden racquets are still used, the Federers, Simons, Gasquets, Kohlschreibers, Llodras, Davydenkos, Rochuses, and to some extent, Murrays would be the top guys. -_-

:lol: It's the quickest receipt one can pull off when talking about him -_-:lol:

But than you have Santoro who was called The Genius and Maestro as well. I just don't like how ppl want us all to bow to him and go in awe because he plays "beautiful tennis". He used to be my fav player till 2004 after ... -_-

Burger Dave is my fav but he never cared about his tennis career, always getting fat and wasting his opportunities :rolleyes: I stan for this type of players, what can i do :thumbdown: I do like defensive players though like Simon, Murray etc but the surfaces now are so slow that sometimes i can't even watch one of their matches without falling asleep.

I was never here for Novak, he and his fam are tacky as HELL, those t-shirts they wore at the USO were cringe worthy and i hate his on court behaviour <_<

OMG i know right? Grass doesn't even feel like grass anymore (this year seems a bit quicker though). The strings and raquets tech improved soo much that they had to reduce the speed of the courts, the prob is that they reduced WAY too much and now you have Novak and Rafa complaining and making the ATP and ITF change the courts when they feel like there is something wrong/something they don't like. Madrid is going back to red clay next year and all that because Nadal and Nole were crying for weeks about the clay being blue and fast and that they would not come back next year if they kept it.

:lol: It's the quickest receipt one can pull off when talking about him -_-:lol:

But than you have Santoro who was called The Genius and Maestro as well. I just don't like how ppl want us all to bow to him and go in awe because he plays "beautiful tennis". He used to be my fav player till 2004 after ... -_-

Burger Dave is my fav but he never cared about his tennis career, always getting fat and wasting his opportunities :rolleyes: I stan for this type of players, what can i do :thumbdown: I do like defensive players though like Simon, Murray etc but the surfaces now are so slow that sometimes i can't even watch one of their matches without falling asleep.

I was never here for Novak, he and his fam are tacky as HELL, those t-shirts they wore at the USO were cringe worthy and i hate his on court behaviour <_<

OMG i know right? Grass doesn't even feel like grass anymore (this year seems a bit quicker though). The strings and raquets tech improved soo much that they had to reduce the speed of the courts, the prob is that they reduced WAY too much and now you have Novak and Rafa complaining and making the ATP and ITF change the courts when they feel like there is something wrong/something they don't like. Madrid is going back to red clay next year and all that because Nadal and Nole were crying for weeks about the clay being blue and fast and that they would not come back next year if they kept it.

Santoro was called the Magician. I miss Fabrice. He was one of those guys whom you would always root for no matter who the opponent is. He was a very charismatic player. ^_^

And yes Fatbandian used to be so fit! I seriously did not know what went wrong but at his peak he can push Fed and Nadal in some matches. TMC 2005 was a highlight for him, beating Fed to win the trophy. LOVED and still LOVE that match. ^_^

As for Nole's family, it was only around before the arrival of Nole 2.0 I realized why I did not like him at first - his family. Papa and mama Djokovic irked me so bad. That they always got lots of camera time was not helping at all. :umm:

Wimbledon grass courts are always fast during the first week. Second week it becomes slow after the constant use. I've read that the courts have a taller grass this year (hence slower than usual) for the Olympics. Closed roofs on centre courts make the courts much slower too.

I was :umm: when I also read Madrid won't be blue next year. I actually liked the blue clay, making Madrid the only fast clay courts. The fact that Fed and Serena won there only shows their ability to adjust. Nole and Rafa showed poor sportsmanship there, what with threatening to not return. I wish Tiriac (Madrid tournament owner) would change the color to green clay just to piss them off. :lol:

Jie Zheng really worked Serena hard during their match! :o I almost felt bad for her losing after all that hard work. :asham:

Nice to see Serena is cruising along now. :thumbup:

It's a shame that Kim was knocked out, and even Maria (even though I don't like her). They would've made the final more interesting.

:rolleyes:

Just because someone plays well, doesn't mean you should automatically like them.

Azarenka was outplaying her after she broke in the second set. Serena's serve was her saving grace and was able to stay consistent until Azerenka slipped up in the tiebreak.

Yas Azarenka was playing brilliantly! Serena came back well though...I think it intimidated Azarenka a little

Whew! That was a great match. ^_^ There were some really great rallies. Some of those net points had me sweating. :asham:

I was a little worried after the second set, but Serena pulled it together and did her thang. :thumbup:

Can't wait for the doubles final! :w00t: