Wimbledon

Kim

It does. Who wants to just watch a match where you only hear the ball getting it :sigh:

Right. :umm:

The grunting makes it more dramatic and intense. People who complain need to occupy themselves with more important shit in their lives. :sigh:

Right. If they want silence, then they should take their asses to a library :rolleyes:

omg I just read this comment:

At least Shriek-a-pova didn't win! That makes my day! Congrats Petra!!!

:lmao: :lmao:

Shriekapova. :asham: I'ma remember that one. :lmao:

I can't believe both Sharapova or Nadal lost :cry:ny2.gif

:excited:

I've always liked Djokovic. He seems like a really nice guy. Not cocky at all. But I like Nadal too, so I wouldn't have cared who won either way. But I'm happy for Djokovic. He's kinda cute. ^_^

• 11 months later...

Venus Williams has earliest Wimbledon exit in 15 years

In the 15 years since losing in her first match at Wimbledon, Venus Williams won five titles at the All England Club and established herself as one of the greatest grass-court players in tennis history. She hadn't lost another first-round match at Wimbledon ... until Monday.

Williams was ousted in the opening round of Wimbledon for the first time since 1997, losing to Elena Vesnina 6-1, 6-3. It was Williams' worst loss at the tournament and only her fourth first-round loss in her Grand Slam career.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/tennis-busted-racquet/venus-williams-earliest-wimbledon-exit-15-years-152319816--ten.html

----

:tear: :tear:

I was hoping she would have another "comeback" at Wimbledon this year. :tear:

Whats been going on with Venus in the last couple of years - its like she's lost it!

She was diagnosed with Sjogren’s syndrome last year. I think it's been affecting her more than she's been letting on.

She was diagnosed with Sjogren’s syndrome last year. I think it's been affecting her more than she's been letting on.

That's a shame. Even if she never wins another match her place is set in history. She was always my favourite tennis player

Sad that Queen Venus failing in R1.

Lots of upsets today but the biggest one is Berdych losing to Gulbis. Been quite a fan of Ernests before, hopefully he can go far in the draw. Isner falling to Falla too.

I believe this year has crazy R1 matches!

Gulbis is talented and when he is on HE IS ON. the prob with him is that his father is a billionaire so he goes from this place to another without even caring about expenses. It's like Tennis is a hobby for him

She was misdiagnosed in 2007 with anaemia. She was complaining about being tired, losing feeling on her hands, being dizzy all the time etc but she was being treated for anemia. Only last year she was properly diagnosed and it's been like 8 to 9 months of her getting the proper medication.

If you saw her match against Agnieszka in Miami you could tell that she was a corpse like literally had no energy to even serve.

She was all smiles on her interview today saying that she does not think about retirement and that she expects this type of losses to happen a lot because the medication will take forever to hit

Ladies' singles finals since 2000:

9a7egz.png

Seeing the list visually makes you realize just how much the sisters have dominated the tournament. It's crazy! :excited:

There's been at least one Williams in a final for 10 out of 12 years! :w00t:

She was misdiagnosed in 2007 with anaemia. She was complaining about being tired, losing feeling on her hands, being dizzy all the time etc but she was being treated for anemia. Only last year she was properly diagnosed and it's been like 8 to 9 months of her getting the proper medication.

If you saw her match against Agnieszka in Miami you could tell that she was a corpse like literally had no energy to even serve.

She was all smiles on her interview today saying that she does not think about retirement and that she expects this type of losses to happen a lot because the medication will take forever to hit

I think her attitude has been great. It must've been more frustrating not knowing 100% what was wrong with herself.

I hope she can get it together though. I would hate for her to be forced to retire because of this.

Im looking forward to it :clapping: . Its come so quick, just a few weeks back I was thinking of getting tickets :unsure:

Edit: Just checked prices and that shit is expensive :umm:. Rich people sport for real!

Oh, really? :umm:

I've always wanted to make a trip to go there. But I would need a guarantee that Serena makes it to the finals. :umm::asham:

I think her attitude has been great. It must've been more frustrating not knowing 100% what was wrong with herself.

I hope she can get it together though. I would hate for her to be forced to retire because of this.

I've always wanted to make a trip to go there. But I would need a guarantee that Serena makes it to the finals. :umm::asham:

I didnt search extensively but the cheapest i saw was £258, which is around $380 :umm:

You could always go to Henmans Hill i guess -_-

Yeah, after the Roland Garros she said that she'd have no respect for her if she retired because of this. She wants to try and will probably do everything to play at least more 2 years. Sarin has been saying that neither one of them is thinking about retirement

Now everybody knows who Lukas Rosol is!

Piggy got Roasted . Wins FO and flops at Wimbledon. This was all RG 09 Nadal vs Soderling. In both matches piggy faced 2 players that were cracking winners left and right and were serving from the gods :lol: ... Hopefully neither Jokervic nor Rogeria get this slam but seems unlikely.

Tsonga could stop them but he likes to party and clown on the court so that's out of question <_<

You will not come for the Greatest of All Time, Rogod Goderer.

I used to be here for Regina but not anymore. Cocky, always ready to put himself on a pedestal, constantly throwing unecessary bitchy comments towards the WTA and the wta players ... And that freaking TACKY Logo :umm:

Yeah, after the Roland Garros she said that she'd have no respect for her if she retired because of this. She wants to try and will probably do everything to play at least more 2 years. Sarin has been saying that neither one of them is thinking about retirement

I can't imagine tennis without them. -_-

Piggy got Roasted . Wins FO and flops at Wimbledon. This was all RG 09 Nadal vs Soderling. In both matches piggy faced 2 players that were cracking winners left and right and were serving from the gods :lol: ... Hopefully neither Jokervic nor Rogeria get this slam but seems unlikely.

Tsonga could stop them but he likes to party and clown on the court so that's out of question <_<

:lol:

Sharapova, SWilliams hit back on equal prize-money

WIMBLEDON, England (AP) -- Maria Sharapova had a simple retort to the notion that men should be paid more than women at Grand Slam tournaments. Serena Williams just laughed and covered her face with one hand before delivering her answer.

Two of the biggest stars of women's tennis didn't hold back Thursday when responding to comments made this week by 13th-ranked Gilles Simon - a new member of the ATP Player Council - that has rekindled the debate over equal prize money at Wimbledon.

While Simon defended his viewpoint Thursday and added a majority of male players agree with him - but are afraid to speak out - Sharapova offered a clear answer to why she deserves the money she earns.

''I'm sure there are a few more people that watch my matches than his,'' she said.

Sharapova beat Tsvetana Pironkova in a tough three-set match on a packed Court 1 on Thursday to reach the third round at Wimbledon, while Simon lost in straight sets to Xavier Malisse on Court 3.

On a more serious note, Sharapova added: ''Look, we women have fought so long to get equal prize money. It was a big challenge and nobody really supported us. It's been a few years since we've gotten that. We're all really proud of it, and we continue to build the sport and make it bigger.''

Sharapova's comments were relayed to Williams after her match on Centre Court.

''You know, I can't bite my tongue,'' Williams said. ''Definitely a lot more people are watching Maria than Simon. She's way hotter than he is. Women's tennis, I think, is really awesome.

''It's a great fight. We fought for years with Billie Jean King, and Venus (Williams) as well, really set the pattern on what we should do.''

In 2007, Wimbledon became the last Grand Slam tournament to give equal prize money to the men's and women's singles champions. The French Open introduced it a year earlier, copying the U.S. Open and Australian Open who have had it for years.

However, the Frenchman believes male players provide more entertainment during matches and should be compensated accordingly.

Defending his viewpoint Thursday, Simon claimed ''everybody in the locker room'' agreed with him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sharapova-swilliams-hit-back-equal-193752573--ten.html;_ylt=An_Y21b3KrQxYWI9CrBut0Q4v7YF

----

I think this is one of the few times that Serena has complimented someone other than herself or Venus. :lol: