The Mariah Carey thread

RedSimba

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The duet will come out some time this month. I can't wait to hear it! ^_^

It's no wonder Simon's so critical, he obviously has high standards... :P

Simon Cowell Hails Mariah Carey

Posted by Lynn on Friday, 02-Sep-2011, 3:13PM EDT

The X Factor USA judge joined fellow panelists Paula Abdul, LA Reid and Nicole Scherzinger in discussing their favorite artists for a Fox All Access radio special.

"Mariah is everything you want a diva to be," Cowell said during The X Factor: The Judges' Ultimate Picks. "To me if you look in the dictionary under diva it says see Mariah Carey.

"She gets it and it's everything a star should be. Great, great, great singer, unbelievable songwriter and I just adore her."

Cowell, who will be aided by Carey during the Judges' Houses stage of the competition, continued: "I absolutely love her, I love everything about her and she is a kind person but she is also very competitive and I like that and that's what makes her special."

The X Factor USA's two-night premiere kicks off on Wednesday, September 21 and Thursday, September 22 at 8pm ET on Fox.

Daydream vs. Butterfly

The song-by-song battle! (I'm bored lol)

FantasyHoney

Underneath the Stars > Fourth of July

One Sweet Day < Butterfly

Open Arms < The Beautiful Ones

Always Be My Baby > The Roof

I Am Free < Close My Eyes

When I Saw You < Whenever You Call

Long Ago < Breakdown

Melt Away < Babydoll

Forever > My All

Daydream InterludeFly Away (Butterfly Reprise)

Looking In > Outside

Some try to claim these albums are the same but the reality is, half the time, it's very difficult lining up the songs to their closest-sounding counterparts. :lol: Fantasy/Honey, UTS/FOJ, WISY/WYC, DD I/FA(BR), and LI/OS are the only obvious ones. I put OA and BO together because they're both covers but they're completely different styles. The rest are stretches lol

Anyway, Butterfly wins this battle 7 to 5 which is a pretty accurate ratio for me. :lol: I used the "or equal to" signs whenever the difference is very slight lol

-------

Oh yeah, and the snippet just leaked and I love it so far! I only listened once; I want to wait until the full version comes out. Her voice sounds so warm, rich, and jazzy :blush: - she's using a texture I never heard before and I love it! It's a little reminiscent to Whitney on "Who Would Imagine A King." ^_^

Happy 10th anniversary to Glitter! Such an underrated album that became a victim of unfortunate events. -_-

^_^

+1 to everything you said. -_-

true -_-

btw , is she still signed with Def Jam or did LA take her away to sony?

She has one more album with Def Jam. I think it's optional but don't quote me on that lol

^_^

+1 to everything you said. -_-

She has one more album with Def Jam. I think it's optional but don't quote me on that lol

hm, i just don't see her staying on DEF JAm specially when Rihanna is the one getting all the promotion. I think that LA still believes in her and will try to take her to Sony

I wouldn't mind that to happen though, we could end up with Classic 90's type of Mariah :wub:

hm, i just don't see her staying on DEF JAm specially when Rihanna is the one getting all the promotion. I think that LA still believes in her and will try to take her to Sony

I wouldn't mind that to happen though, we could end up with Classic 90's type of Mariah :wub:

Yeah plus J.Lo is there and we all know she "doesn't know her." -_- If she had to complete the contract, she could just do a low-key release for the Angels Advocate remix album (I still want that "It's A Wrap" remix -_-) then move on to Sony. I think she would get much better treatment there. ^_^

Possibly! She actually said she's been listening to her early albums for inspiration. :blush:

Yeah plus J.Lo is there and we all know she "doesn't know her." -_- If she had to complete the contract, she could just do a low-key release for the Angels Advocate remix album (I still want that "It's A Wrap" remix -_-) then move on to Sony. I think she would get much better treatment there. ^_^

Possibly! She actually said she's been listening to her early albums for inspiration. :blush:

LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

She should release the album and go to Sony <_<

oh.em.Ge , really? :o imagine a 2k version of Daydream :wub:

i LOVE this track :wub:

really? Because of Tommy?

No. Tommy is now a, what do they say, a non-factor (:fart:) now.

I am currently listening to her B-sides. I reallllly love this one.

BTW, can't wait to hear more Biophilia tracks! So far I have heard Crystalline, Cosmogony, Moon, and Virus. Virus is a favorite!

*Edit*

You changed your avatar. :umm: