The Mariah Carey thread

RedSimba

Happy 3rd anniversary to E=MC². ^_^ While this album is one of my least favorites from her, I still loved it when it came out. It's my favorite album title though; it's very clever the way it plays on her name, previous album, and Einstein's famous energy equation. :P I was obsessed with "For the Record" especially (this should've been the 2nd single -_-), but the main song I still listen to these days is "I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time." :blush:

I'm so late, but I was listening to this album yesterday. I still like the album. I so agree with you about "For the Record"...it just screams and shout "RELEASE ME AS A SINGLE! :flipoff: " :lol:

Here you have it: Messiah Christey and her voice blessing lives... -_-

Oprah Pays Tribute to Two Mariah Fans

Posted by Lynn on Tuesday, 26-Apr-2011, 4:16PM EDT

When audience members Will and Marcus stood up to ask a question after a taping of The Oprah Winfrey Show in 2009, they never dreamed where it would take them—and neither did we.

As two Mariah Carey superfans, the men asked Oprah if their idol would appear on The Oprah Winfrey Show that season. After hearing that Mariah would indeed appear on the show, Will and Marcus asked if they could attend the taping to watch her sing...but Oprah said she could do better than that!

Now, Will and Marcus say that meeting Mariah and appearing on The Oprah Winfrey Show changed their lives in ways they never expected.

First, Marcus reveals that he lost 65 pounds. "I guess TV really is life's mirror because when I saw myself, I was like, 'Is that what I really look like?'" he says. "I started eating really healthy and started doing a lot of things. I've done a couple of 5Ks, I swam in the Iowa Games last summer and now I'm training for a triathlon."

For Will, he says seeing himself on the show literally saved his life. "I was watching the show and ... said [to myself], 'Will, there's something wrong with your neck," he recalls. Will saw how swollen his neck was in the clip and decided to go to the doctor. After several tests, Will got the news: He had cancer. "I did chemo from January to July of 2010 [and] I am cancer-free now!" Will says.

After Oprah introduced them to their idol, Mariah Carey, superfans Will and Marcus have a special thank-you for Oprah. Watch them read their thank-you notes to her on stage.

Shout-out to Will and Marcus for the lovely e-mail they sent us. Will, it was a heartwarming story and had to be told.

Hello,

I would just like to say thank you on behalf of both Marcus and myself for including us on the site. Meeting both Mariah and Oprah were obviously dreams come true considering they both inspire us in different ways. We appreciate the fact that you put the story on the site which we religiously read :)

Best greetings,

Will

I'm glad they're on the up and up health-wise. ^_^

Lil corny, saccharine moment lol...

From the moment I watched her sing "Hero" in that long black dress on TV back in 1993 to now motherhood, it's been an amazing journey as a lamb watching her. I think that's why the song came up on my iPod, to remind me where it all started for me (3 years into her career). As I continually supported her through the lows and highs, it's moments like this that take it above and beyond. At one point, I wasn't even sure she'd ever find true love again, let alone become a mother, but she found it and she did it. Knowing her, she is going to be a wonderful mother. Two new human beings have been introduced into the world today. ...and I just wanna see them, man! :P

So both their names begin with M. :lol: My original guesses were Minnie and Michael (and this was a very common guess in honor of the late Ms. Riperton and king of pop), but I'm guessing since the girl was born first hers would be first in alphabetical order. Maybe Marilyn... I have no idea! :lol:

It just wouldn't be her if the names didn't make anyone go WTH. :lol: (H for "heck" when I use it lol) She was never going to please everyone no matter what names she chose, so might as well choose whatever her golden heart desires. ^_^

Anyway, I think it's really cool that Monroe doesn't have a middle name just like she does, and Moroccan's grown on me. I could see him being a rapper: "They call me Moroccan cuz my rock … can!" lol let me stop. :P

Mariah Carey Babies: Victims of Tabloid Scam

http://www.showbiz411.com/2011/05/11/mariah-carey-babies-victims-of-tabloid-scam

Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon‘s new twins were almost victims of a tabloid scam last night. It’s a wild story exclusive to this column.

On Tuesday evening a woman from the Department of Child Protective Services showed up at the hospital while Carey was breastfeeding babies Monroe and Roc. The twins are just finishing up their stay in the NICU. Carey has stayed with them in the hospital following her C section and a minor infection.

The civil servant told Cannon she was following up a claim of neglect, of all things. The specifics: Carey was accused of drinking and taking pain meds while breastfeeding!

Of course the real story was that a nurse on the floor had suggested Carey drink half a Guinness Stout in order to hasten production of breast milk. Mariah did just that and it worked. But someone in the unit sold her out, so to speak, hoping the social worker could get a picture of the babies for the tabs. Luckily no pictures were allowed.

Carey and Cannon, horrified, explained the situation. “Taxpayer money was wasted, too, because this was labeled an emergency. It was ridiculous.” Meanwhile, mom and kids, healthy and wiser now, head home shortly.

---------

*smh* MJ never lied... people would do anything for money. Hope that snitch got sued to the high heavens for such vicious slander.

And I can't wait for her to return home (every time I think about how the babies were born on her wedding anniversary, it makes me smile ^_^)

They're back home! ^_^

Welcome Home, Roc & Roe!

Posted by Lynn on Saturday, 14-May-2011, 12:16PM EDT

Mariah is now home at their Los Angeles residence with her twins Moroccan and Monroe after spending two weeks at the hospital. Husband Nick Cannon who had been making the rounds of TV shows promoting his Mr. Showbiz special that's airing on Showtime tonight happily tweeted the message below.

Nick Cannon: Crazy 2 days of promo in NY and LA & I Finally was able to bring my wife and kids home tonight. Now in my own bedroom #puresatisfaction

And the case is now closed on her birthyear. MariahDaily just posted the twin's birth certificates, and they have her birthdate on both documents. Now I wouldn't love her any less if she fabricated her age by one year (She goes around saying she's eternally 12 anyway :lol:); just wanted to pass the knowledge. :P

• 3 weeks later...

*random* #1's I would trade in for another if I could... :P

"I Don't Wanna Cry" for "Can't Let Go"

"Thank God I Found You" for "Anytime You Need A Friend"

"Touch My Body" for "H.A.T.E.U."

yuh i agree especially with AYNAF.. that song is the bees knees! :)

• 3 weeks later...