The Mariah Carey thread

RedSimba

Ikr. After MJ's funeral a lot of ppl thought she couldn't sing anymore but she sounded just fine there

Agreed, it was honest and one of her most emotional performances and for that I loved it. She sounded really good when she came to Oakland too ~ she got really good reviews here. ^_^

She looks beautiful in the new photos; I was so happy to see her again last night. And she's supposed to keep some weight on after giving birth so she can breastfeed her twins.

I can't wait for her next move! (I hope that lullaby album rumor was just a rumor :ph34r:)

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I can't take this! "Boat It Off," "Dream Waver," "One Sweet Wave," "Always Be My Jet Ski" This Kathryn lady is inadvertently hilarious. :lol:

This reminds me of the "Tell Janet" section of on the old AFY era Janet board. There was one person making posts directed to her in the form of letters, and didn't interact with anyone else.

• 3 weeks later...

MC and B2M #1 on Rolling Stone's best collaboration readers poll :excited:

1. Boyz II Men and Mariah Carey, 'One Sweet Day'

Okay, so this song wouldn't have won if the Mariah Carey fans hadn't stuffed the ballot boxes in this poll. Most of you reading this probably don't think it's the greatest duet of all-time. You're probably enraged to see it here. We understand. Back in 1995, however, everybody loved this song. Boyz II Men and Mariah Carey were both at their peak, and the song held the Number One spot for a staggering 16 weeks. It was completely inescapable that year. Some of you may feel that it hasn't aged all that well, but The voters have spoken and they feel it's the greatest duet of all time. Who are we to say they're wrong?

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/photos/readers-poll-best-collaborations-of-all-time-20110810/1-boyz-ii-men-and-mariah-carey-one-sweet-day-0906424

---------------------------------------------------------------

Ignore this... -_-:P

And this is why I don't value RS's opinion when it comes to Mariah. :lol: A real professional magazine would not show a biased sore-loser attitude, and talk about how the artists came up with the song, inspirations, etc. :whistle: The fact that she and B2M both came up with the same concept at the same time is very interesting fact they could've included, but instead they just went on and on about how the song doesn't deserve to be there. :rolleyes: The song is most certainly still an inspirational, intrinsic part of lambs' lives that they would take the time to vote for it. What's "cheesy" to one person is a lifesaver to another. (See, I didn't even need to use the record-breaking 16 weeks at #1 to explain the song's greatness, or the superior Sweet Cappella version for that matter :P)

And I didn't even vote for it myself. :lol: Best duet goes to "Scream" for me. B) I can at least acknowledge other great duets such as Queen and Bowie's "Under Pressure," which as I expected was #2. They even included interesting background information on that song, which they failed to do for MC & B2M as I mentioned. The majority has spoken. Maybe next time other fans want their "fave" to win, they should take notes from the lambs and learn how to be organized. ;) Now if only we could do this for her 19th #1 single. :shifty: I honestly hope TMB isn't the last one; she deserves a better final #1 than that. -_-