Can Christina Aguilera revitalize her career?

Miss Enjoi

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She reached a new level of being a mess when she took forever to pick who she wanted to be the final person to represent her team.

Speaking of that, I can't believe Beverly didn't win :mellow:

I've been recording it so I'll watch it later..I wanted Dykerly to win too! -_- I bet Xtina is gonna have her on her new album.

All this talk about Xtina made me remember how much I love "Glam" *blasts it*

(Let's get glam) Don't let the clothes wear you

(Let's get glam) It's all in how you move

(Let's get glam) Don't let the clothes wear you

(Let's get glam) It's all an attitude

pandoraboxx.gif

That shit gets on my fucking nerves. :coffee:

She's acting like that mic is straight from heaven :sigh:

I've been recording it so I'll watch it later..I wanted Dykerly to win too! -_-I bet Xtina is gonna have her on her new album.

I hope not -_- I'd rather she and sexy Blake do something :wub:

Commercials for it were all over the place. It was a huge media blitz. In fact, there were entertainment shows covering it every night until the release.

well when you have 2 big Superstars like Cher and Xtina of course there's gonna be huge media blitz. Cher's a Legend altogether and has already won and Oscar and Xtina is new to the Legend arena and it's her 1st movie so yeah.

Ummm none of the singles from Bionic cracked the top 20 but still out scanned J.Lo's last two albums =/

:filenails:

Yes...her voice isn't automated; it is anticipated.

+1 :coffee:

She is a mess..but it can be seen as annoying though.

Exactly. So to say is an Academy Award winner and one of the biggest pop stars of the new generation - the film should have done much better. It was a flop.

Like how much better? What kinds of movies like these have grossed oh so much? :rolleyes:

Burlesque was a success. :rolleyes:

exactly...they act like they ain't see that it's made over $90million worldwide so it's whatever plus its not like its a big ass sci-fi blockbuster movie :rolleyes:

Anytime you got one of the biggest selling female entertainers alongside one of the hottest singers of the moment, you need to be pulling 120 million at least. They expected more. :coffee:

Weak comparison. Music fan base ≠ Movie fan base. Just because someone buys your records, that doesn't mean they'll buy a ticket to your film. Cher is not a juggernaut at the box office, and just because she won an Oscar does not give you leverage. And Xtina's career was not in the shape to sell the movie considering Bionic flopped, and she was pretty much off the radar. In this market, how much did you think a cabaret movie was gonna do at the box office when the star of the film is their film debut?

Well Back To Basics wasn't exactly that successful either. :coffee:

It was quite successful. It was one of the best selling female albums of 2006, and one of the best sellers overall with over 4 million copies sold. "Ain't No Other Man" peaked at #6 and went platinum. "Hurt" was a massive hit across Europe.

Well Back To Basics wasn't exactly that successful either. :coffee:

key word .

I still think it was a successful album ,specially after such a big direction sound wise. didn't it sell 4m WW or something like that ?

It's still my fav Xtina album ^_^

Anytime you got one of the biggest selling female entertainers alongside one of the hottest singers of the moment, you need to be pulling 120 million at least. They expected more. :coffee:

no ma'am :mellow: according to who? What movie like Burlesque has grossed $100 million? :unsure:

Weak comparison. Music fan base ≠ Movie fan base. Just because someone buys your records, that doesn't mean they'll buy a ticket to your film. Cher is not a juggernaut at the box office, and just because she won an Oscar does not give you leverage. And Xtina's career was not in the shape to sell the movie considering Bionic flopped, and she was pretty much off the radar. In this market, how much did you think a cabaret movie was gonna do at the box office when the star of the film is their film debut?

Exactly. They still ain't knowin' :filenails:

It was quite successful. It was one of the best selling female albums of 2006, and one of the best sellers overall with over 4 million copies sold. "Ain't No Other Man" peaked at #6 and went platinum. "Hurt" was a massive hit across Europe.

and it should've been a hit here

Archived