THE GREAT ESCAPE FROM 90s FATE...Which artist were able to escape the 90s...Which weren't?

King Baby

I remember he made that song for Poetic Justice in 1993

The thing yall are missing in me and Nuk's debate is he kept saying Usher was HUGE in the 90s as if he had numerous hit albums when he only had one AT THE END of the 90s... so the chances of him making it into 2000 was nothing less than inevitable,in a way.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing yall are missing in me and Nuk's debate is he kept saying Usher was HUGE in the 90s as if he had numerous hit albums when he only had one AT THE END of the 90s... so the chances of him making it into 2000 was nothing less than inevitable,in a way.

:mellow::lmao:

Usher wasn't huge in the 90's.

Oh well then I see where you're coming from. He wasn't really that big in the 90's... just the late 90's.

usher had several number 1 singles in the 90s, and was able to transition well into the 00s no matter what loop holes you people try and find. :filenails:

Whatever makes you sleep better at night. Your delusions is on an ALL TIME HIGH. You're running a race with Dioni and Japtok at this point :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I think thats why Twisted asked Nuk if he had vodka for breakfast again. :umm:

I think so! :lmao:

usher had several number 1 singles in the 90s, and was able to transition well into the 00s no matter what loop holes you people try and find. :filenails:

:umm:

No, he didn't.

He only had 3 major hits off that My Way album. Flusher's career took off in the 00's.

Oh well then I see where you're coming from. He wasn't really that big in the 90's... just the late 90's.

Who cares...? He was eating off of music since '93, he blew up in 97, and he successfully transitioned into one of the biggest stars in the business in the 00s. I could seee if we were talking about Britney, who came out in 99, but Usher's career was moving since 93 when he was beefing with Tevin Campbell. :thumbup:

Right ...you cant make 2000 the pivotal point when you have OLDER acts on the list. Thats giving Usher an unfair advantage.

If you're gonna make this kind of thread..it should have been about longevity per artist..not who crossed the 2000 finish line because its been a longer marathon for Janet,Madonna,Mariah,etc

Right ...you cant make 2000 the pivotal point when you have OLDER acts on the list. Thats giving Usher an unfair advantage.

If you're gonna make this kind of thread..it should have been about longevity per artist..not who crossed the 2000 finish line because its been a longer marathon for Janet,Madonna,Mariah,etc

Well you make that thread. I didn't want to make that thread. :filenails:

Who cares...? He was eating off of music since '93, he blew up in 97, and he successfully transitioned into one of the biggest stars in the business in the 00s. I could seee if we were talking about Britney, who came out in 99, but Usher's career was moving since 93 when he was beefing with Tevin Campbell. :thumbup:

Moving where to Floppersville???? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

All I asked was what artist were able to escape the 90s...I never said how big they were in the 90s. Mr Dayz narrow @ss added that fine print to the contract... :thumbup:

I win again. Why do ya'll even waste ya'lls time. :shifty:

All I was saying is that Usher's "accomplishments" of making into the 00's wasn't really a feat considering he didn't become USHER until 3 years prior to the new millenium..then thats when you started coming with this "HE WAS HUGE" delusions as a defense. :umm:

I think Brandy made a good transition musically into the 00s. "What About Us" was definitely ahead of its time, and the Full Moon definitely showed some maturity. Although she did fall off commercially.

MJ, eh, we can't really patronize him because everyone's sales decreased with each subsequent for everyone with the exception of Madonna and Mariah. And considering MJ's [peer] competition in 2001 was Janet, Madonna, Whitney, and Mariah, I would say 7 million [at the time] is good considering the aforementioned women did with their releases.

:lmao: @ Usher not being huge in the 90s. Were ya'll in a coma? When "You Make Me Wanna" dropped, it became obvious who the premiere R&B male was going to be. My Way went 6x platinum and produced a #1 and a #2 on the Hot 100. "Wanna" is still the longest charting R&B song for a male artist on the R&B charts.

Janet did well, but fell with DJ. 20YO is a good record considering the dominating presence of hip-hop during the height of "Crunk 'N R" - whatever that is.

Don't count Beyonce. DC and Beyonce are two different acts.

I think Brandy made a good transition musically into the 00s. "What About Us" was definitely ahead of its time, and the Full Moon definitely showed some maturity. Although she did fall off commercially.

MJ, eh, we can't really patronize him because everyone's sales decreased with each subsequent for everyone with the exception of Madonna and Mariah. And considering MJ's [peer] competition in 2001 was Janet, Madonna, Whitney, and Mariah, I would say 7 million [at the time] is good considering the aforementioned women did with their releases.

:lmao: @ Usher not being huge in the 90s. Were ya'll in a coma? When "You Make Me Wanna" dropped, it became obvious who the premiere R&B male was going to be. My Way went 6x platinum and produced a #1 and a #2 on the Hot 100. "Wanna" is still the longest charting R&B song for a male artist on the R&B charts.

Janet did well, but fell with DJ. 20YO is a good record considering the dominating presence of hip-hop during the height of "Crunk 'N R" - whatever that is.

Don't count Beyonce. DC and Beyonce are two different acts.

I can include Beyonce and Gwen Stefani and Eve who was with ruff ryders. My thread...Remember? :cheers:

Enough said. I don't even have to say anything after this. We've said it all, and Mike brilliance stats, speak for themselves. Two Fatalities and a Brutality for this. Done da-da :coffee:

subzeros_hand_fatality_display.gif

Sub_Zero__s_MKDA_Fatality_by_Nadjib_25.gif

michael-jackson-o.gif

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

We got the girls together and let them know you don't for Mike Jack. :yep:

Who run the world? Mike Jack stans.... :excited:

^_^

Archived