Random thoughts thread

RedSimba

Oh HECK no! Of all days, I just had to go out and buy a bar of soap. Some stupid little mudfaced demon just snatched my iPod out of my pocket and ran off! :angry: :angry: Why did this have to happen to me? I did manage to keep up just enough to get the license plate of the car he got in 5SVZ324 (make sure the WHOLE world knows it!), and filed a police report. It's a cruel irony because I remember last month my chemistry teacher saying her son got his iPod snatched too - but luckily for him they got the license plate as well and got it back. I hope and pray I have the same fortune.

I've learned my lesson though... I've just counted my blessings and I think I got off lucky because the demon could've been carrying a weapon. And I'm usually aware of my surroundings, but unfortunately this was one of those moments I let my guard down. I've been living here over 2 years, so I just started to take for granted nothing would ever happen. Yeah, don't let your guard down in Oakland lol. It's reasons like this why I always preferred living in the countryside over the city.

Sorry to hear Andy :( I hope you get it back.

Oh HECK no! Of all days, I just had to go out and buy a bar of soap. Some stupid little mudfaced demon just snatched my iPod out of my pocket and ran off! :angry: :angry: Why did this have to happen to me? I did manage to keep up just enough to get the license plate of the car he got in 5SVZ324 (make sure the WHOLE world knows it!), and filed a police report. It's a cruel irony because I remember last month my chemistry teacher saying her son got his iPod snatched too - but luckily for him they got the license plate as well and got it back. I hope and pray I have the same fortune.

I've learned my lesson though... I've just counted my blessings and I think I got off lucky because the demon could've been carrying a weapon. And I'm usually aware of my surroundings, but unfortunately this was one of those moments I let my guard down. I've been living here over 2 years, so I just started to take for granted nothing would ever happen. Yeah, don't let your guard down in Oakland lol. It's reasons like this why I always preferred living in the countryside over the city.

How awful, Andy. :( Fingers crossed you get it back soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Even though my birthday is tomorrow, it technically falls on today. A while back on the old forum, I made a post about it explaining why (and saved it on Dazario's forum too :P )...

-------

Consider the fact that each calendar year is 365.25 days on average. (Well I saw 365.254 and 365.2565 for an actual year but those from different sources but those are harder to calculate :P ). So let's stick with 365¼, I thought I'd calculate my TRUE "anniversaries" as Mariah would put it. :P

So I was originally born January 3, 1988 at 3:23 AM. 365 days after that would be January 2, 1989 because there was a leap day in between. A ¼ day is 6 hours so in 1989, my TRUE birth anniversary was January 2, 1989 9:23 AM. So to continue the pattern, it goes like this for me....

0: January 3, 1988 3:23 AM E.S.T.

1: January 2, 1989 9:23 AM E.S.T.

2: January 2, 1990 3:23 PM E.S.T.

3: January 2, 1991 9:23 PM E.S.T.

4: January 3, 1992 3:23 AM E.S.T.

And then the pattern repeats itself. So MOST of the time, my birthday is ACTUALLY January 2! :lol: On January 3, 2008 was when the pattern last reached full circle. From that point, it went for me...

0: January 3, 2008 3:23 AM E.S.T.

1: January 2, 2009 9:23 AM E.S.T.

2: January 2, 2010 3:23 PM E.S.T.

3: January 2, 2011 9:23 PM E.S.T.

To sum it up, this means I will actually turn 23 at 9:23 PM E.S.T. (6:23 PM P.S.T.) :ph34r:Not January 3, 1988 @ 3:23 AM like I used to keep saying every year... that only applies to the leap years when I was born. :P

(You can stop reading now :asham:if you can't take anymore zaniness :P:lol:)

I started thinking about this thought when I thought about people born on leap years. A person born 2/29/1988 would NOT be 5 years old because they've revolved around the sun 22 times in their lifetime. Yeah I know it's joke, but it was just something I want to think seriously about. :PLet's take a person born February 29, 1988 at 12:00 AM. 365 days after that is February 28, 1989 so this would be their birthdays...

0: February 29, 1988 12:00 AM

1: February 28, 1989 6:00 AM

2: February 28, 1990 12:00 PM

3: February 28, 1991 6:00 PM

4: February 29, 1992 12:00 AM

So their birthdays would be February 28 on non-leap years. Or March 1 if they were born a little later in the day because...

0: February 29, 1988 11:00 PM

1: March 1, 1989 5:00 AM

2: March 1, 1989 11:00 AM

3: March 1, 1989 5:00 PM

4: February 29, 1992 11:00 PM

And if they were born in the middle of the day...

0: February 29, 1988 12:00 PM

1: February 28, 1988 6:00 PM

2: March 1, 1989 12:00 AM

3: March 1, 1989 6:00 AM

4: February 29, 1988 12:00 PM

I'm older than I used to think. -_-:P

I'm late, but I'm so sorry to hear that! It pisses me off hearing people act like this, and having my iPod stolen is a constant fear of mine. I hope you get it back. :tear:

I'm late, but I'm so sorry to hear that! It pisses me off hearing people act like this, and having my iPod stolen is a constant fear of mine. I hope you get it back. :tear:

Thanks! Yeah thieves suck. I did get a new iPod touch this Christmas though which my family planned to get me before I lost it. I'm never leaving the house with it alone. -_-

And sorry about your dry outed chicken >_<

I think black dudes are slipping off the top of R&B music. These white dudes and non-black minority dudes are coming for your Ushers, Ne-Yos & Chris Browns.

Bruno Mars, Robin Thicke, Jesse McCartney, Travis Garland, Se7en, Justin Bieber, Menudo (even though they recently broke up), Mike Posner, Francisco...these dudes are all tryin' to makes some moves...and SOME of them, in my opinion, are vocally superior to those at the top.

Just an observation :-) I'm lovin' it, some of these guys are new favorites of mine.

• 1 month later...