If You Could Delete or Change Two Albums From Any Artist's Catalog...

Reyna ♔

Which artists would you choose? What two albums? Why those two?

Since there are only two artists I go hard for, I'm gonna go with Janet and Michael.

Janet-I say Discipline and Damita Jo. I love both of these albums. Definitely sexy without a doubt and have great dance songs. I wouldn't delete them, but I would add/replace songs from them. Both of these albums could have been polished more. I wasn't really a fan of all the interludes on Discipline. Really I.D., The Meaning, and Good Morning Janet were the only ones I really liked. The others seemed a little asi, asi. Still love the album, and I'm gonna support my wife regardless. I would have just liked her to spend some more time on this. With Damita Jo, I probably would have polished the tracks more. Once again, love it, undying support. Just some change.

Michael- Michael and Blood on the Dancefloor. I will say, I'm not really interested in the Michael album. My reasoning? It's mostly Sony's doing. That's why I would take that one away. This is my reason for not really wanting to get Michael's post-humous work. It doesn't have all of his genius there. That leads to Sony trying to replicate it. Which, obviously, fails. If they're going to release anything of Michael's, I just want CDs of demos. Don't screw with what's already there. Leave it the way he left it. Because thay suck at copying him. With BOTD, it's basically a CD of mixes with 5 original songs on it. I say he should have put those 5 songs on the HIStory album or saved them for Invincible. Not really a fan of the mixes either besides Scream(remix) and History(remix), but I digress. These are the weakest two from his catalog.

-_-

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest, there really aren't too many pop albums I truly don't care for. I'm the first to admit I have a high tolerance for some pretty bad music at times, though. -_-

You know Pop isn't the limit, right? :asham:

Which artists would you choose? What two albums? Why those two?

Since there are only two artists I go hard for, I'm gonna go with Janet and Michael.

Janet-I say Discipline and Damita Jo. I love both of these albums. Definitely sexy without a doubt and have great dance songs. I wouldn't delete them, but I would add/replace songs from them. Both of these albums could have been polished more. I wasn't really a fan of all the interludes on Discipline. Really I.D., The Meaning, and Good Morning Janet were the only ones I really liked. The others seemed a little asi, asi. Still love the album, and I'm gonna support my wife regardless. I would have just liked her to spend some more time on this. With Damita Jo, I probably would have polished the tracks more. Once again, love it, undying support. Just some change.

-_-

You've spoken for me.

But while we're naming Janet albums, I would nominate JJ & DS to get the boot because then she would've started her discography with Control and it would've been perfect from the get-go.

+1..I consciously forget about those two flops albums..It's all about "Control".. :wub:

But while we're naming Janet albums, I would nominate JJ & DS to get the boot because then she would've started her discography with Control and it would've been perfect from the get-go.

not necessarily because control wouldnt have happened had she not left her dad which is the reason those first two albums were made in the first place

+1..I consciously forget about those two flops albums..It's all about "Control".. :wub:

:blush:

not necessarily because control wouldnt have happened had she not left her dad which is the reason those first two albums were made in the first place

I know. I was talking in terms of success, not subject matter.

if i had more +1, i wouldve given u

thats what i was thinking...

while it woulda been perfect for her discography to start with Control, those 2 flop albums were part of her journey

plus theyre cute

wub.gifwub.gifwub.gif

Christina - She just needs a clean up. Her albums tend to be too damn long and suffer from poor execution.

Amerie - In Flop & War & Because I Love Flopping

Beyonce - Flop'Day & Dangerously In Love needs a slight cleaning.

Ciara - Basic Bitchstink & Fantasy Flop

Kelly Rowland - Simply Flop & Miss Flop

Lady Gaga - The Flop Monster & Flop This Way

Lil' Kim - The Naked Flop & La Flop Mafia

Mariah Carey - Memoirs Of A Flop & Flop = MC2

Rihanna - Music Of The Flop & A Flop Like Me

Christina - She just needs a clean up. Her albums tend to be too damn long and suffer from poor execution.

Amerie - In Flop & War & Because I Love Flopping

Beyonce - Flop'Day & Dangerously In Love needs a slight cleaning.

Ciara - Basic Bitchstink & Fantasy Flop

Kelly Rowland - Simply Flop & Miss Flop

Lady Gaga - The Flop Monster & Flop This Way

Lil' Kim - The Naked Flop & La Flop Mafia

Mariah Carey - Memoirs Of A Flop & Flop = MC2

Rihanna - Music Of The Flop & A Flop Like Me

The word "flop" will forever be a headache to me after reading this post :lmao:

& this too. And I'd clean up Brandy's albums NSN onward as well.

With Janet and MC, I might replace songs with others that didn't make the cut (Put "Miss You" on Charmbracelet and "Let Me Know" on Discipline), but I wouldn't go as extreme as to delete anything. ^_^

Girl...

Archived