repost? BB HOT 100 ARTIST OF ALL TIME up till 2008

KlaSh-E

The disconnect between this and her critical/popular relevance is astonishing.

She is one of the top ten Billboard artists of ALL-TIME and she still gets shafted in "100 top artists" lists? :blink:

I count this issue in the store, and you know if she contributed that piece on Tina Turner, I think Janet and her fans should know Janet probably could give a shit less about these "lists" because her numbers and her legacy still stands firmly, so even when I saw that she was not on it I said oh well whatever. :filenails:

Well she hasn't put anything out that's been good enough for critics to deem her relevant.

Going back to the top 100 list... have Prince, Dr. Dre, Guns 'n Roses or the dozens of dead people they included?

Even Madonna has been on a critical rollercoaster throughout the 2000s.

I can understand Janet's exclusion from the revised list, as it's much more multicultural and it spans many more generations and 'underground' movements than the first. But when I see the first RS list, I get mad.

I count this issue in the store, and you know if she contributed that piece on Tina Turner, I think Janet and her fans should know Janet probably could give a shit less about these "lists" because her numbers and her legacy still stands firmly, so even when I saw that she was not on it I said oh well whatever. :filenails:

I guess I can agree with that.

Going back to the top 100 list... have Prince, Dr. Dre, Guns 'n Roses or the dozens of dead people they included?

I can understand Janet's exclusion from the revised list, as it's much more multicultural and it spans many more generations and 'underground' movements than the first. But when I see the first RS list, I get mad.

Well Music and Confessions were both well received by the critics. Hard Candy was mixed, but more so favorable.

As for the RS list, Janet will get her credit one day. And from the looks of it, it won't be until she dies.

I guess I can agree with that.

seriously in 10 years or less Janet will be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and she will be on those lists that seem to just change like the weather :filenails: and she still won't care.

Archived