D'Angelo Back At Work on Long-Awaited New Album

art

Well I know that..im just saying he doesn't carry the same weight as a Maxwell,Erykah..or even a Jill Scott.

Well, duh. :lol:

He only released 2 albums and it has been 11 years since his last release. I'm sure once he comes back (if this ever happens) the people that vibe to Badu, Faxwell and Jill will be in line for his album.

I think with his comeback he will sell more than Jill and Erykah's last couple of cds...

If he does its only becuz he's been gone for 20 gazillion years. not becuz he's more popular. He's probably one of the least popular neo soul artists especailly today. It's like "D'Angelo who?"

NOT that Im tryna diss him...im just sayin.

If he does its only becuz he's been gone for 20 gazillion years. not becuz he's more popular. He's probably one of the least popular neo soul artists especailly today. It's like "D'Angelo who?"

NOT that Im tryna diss him...im just sayin.

That's not true because some of the Newer neo soul artist follow after him.

Bilal

Dwele

Raheem

Plus he pretty much started this whole shit..

Bilal

Dwele

Raheem

and none of those neo-soul artists you listed are popular...

Bilal

Dwele

Raheem

Im not tryna debate or take anything away from him Shawn :lol: I never said he didn't have influence and started this because I know he played a big part in that genre but the others I mentioned surpassed him and I just dont see his return being all that impressive -possibly..but not really too much of nothing.

Im not tryna debate or take anything away from him Shawn :lol: I never said he didn't have influence and started this because I know he played a big part in that genre but the others I mentioned surpassed him and I just dont see his return being all that impressive -possibly..but not really too much of nothing.

Well of course they passed him, his last cd was in 2000... lol

One more thing.. Most of the people that listen to Jill, Erykah and Maxwell will support him when he comes back..

Yeah ..the NEO SOUL audience ..of course becuase thats his audience but the level of interest for him as an artist in not on the level of Erykah,Jill and Max..they pretty much are the leaders in that genre because they've been far more consistent than D'Angelo ..so really the fault lies on him.

D'Angelo is considered the blueprint for the neo-soul genre. Him and Erykah are the kings and queens. Trust and believe if he released an album this year it would do big numbers out the gate. But the album would need to be GREAT to go platinum and maintain steam. Maxwell went platinum with his last album and had what is probably his second most successful song of his career with "pretty wings". He owned the R&B world in the summer of 2009. And that had a lot to do with the fact that "Blacksummersnight" lived up to the hype. D'Angelo needs to come with a bangin album. I would suggest something along the lines of Brown suga :thumbup: , not Voodoo :thumbdown: .

D'Angelo is considered the blueprint for the neo-soul genre. Him and Erykah are the kings and queens. Trust and believe if he released an album this year it would do big numbers out the gate. But the album would need to be GREAT to go platinum and maintain steam. Maxwell went platinum with his last album and had what is probably his second most successful song of his career with "pretty wings". He owned the R&B world in the summer of 2009. And that had a lot to do with the fact that "Blacksummersnight" lived up to the hype. D'Angelo needs to come with a bangin album. I would suggest something along the lines of Brown suga :thumbup: , not Voodoo :thumbdown: .

And lawd please no guest spots with rappers..

big numbers as in?? ...give me some figures ..

Archived