Bette Midler Calls Out Gaga For Swagger-Jacking

TwistedElegance™

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gaga: I didn't copy Midler stunt

Lady Gaga is adamant she did not copy Bette Midler's mermaid in a wheelchair performance, as she had "no idea" the veteran entertainer pulled a similar stunt 30 years before her.

The Poker Face hitmaker performed at a show in Australia last week wearing a mermaid tail and sitting in a wheelchair - a move which infuriated Midler, who took to Twitter.com to remind fans she came up with the gimmick way back in 1980.

Gaga has now spoken out to deny she had any idea Midler had beaten her in the originality stakes, telling Access Hollywood's Billy Bush, "I had no idea that she did that and I'm a huge Bette Midler fan.

"(It was) not (a Midler tribute) in the beginning... because I didn't know that she'd done (it), but I do now and I think it's great. Obviously I feel connected to women in theatre and women from the past.

"Maybe we're just cut from the same cloth. I couldn't hop around in that tail so I just stuck myself in a wheelchair. All I'll say is that I... admire her and find her to be one of the most brilliant and incredible performers, so that's all I'll say."

----

Ooo, chile... :lol:

:unsure:

I don't have the proper glasses on to read between the lines toots, out with it :filenails:

:lmao:

It's the same story with Beyonce. Everyone acts like she thinks she's so original and the first to do stuff, despite paying homage. Now you see how it feels. :lmao:

:lmao:

It's the same story with Beyonce. Everyone acts like she thinks she's so original and the first to do stuff, despite paying homage. Now you see how it feels. :lmao:

True but Gaga has been accused of being a copycat since day 0 :asham:

I am more than used to it. People need lives :coffee:

I'm just super curious. Why do people stan so hard for Gaga? I mean really. Aside from the fact we haven't seen something this outrageous since Madonna, Ziggy Stardust and Grace Jones (stay mad :coffee: ) plus she's all for Gay Rights, I don't really see much to go on and on about. Unless people are adamant about leaving the Britney/Jessie Simpson days behind. :wacko:

I stan so hard for Gaga. Let's get that straight.

And if you don't get it, you won't. And I can't be arsed to explain it :thumbup:

I have seen others stan for her Roc. Youtube, mostly. This is an interesting forum and so I thought I'd ask here.

Cop out :coffee:

I'm not a fucking little monster. I've been a ride or die (free) bitch since the beginning. I don't STAN for her. She is part of my DNA. Bad Romance is pumping through my veins. She has informed my life. She is my queen.

ANY MORE QUESTIONS?

I'm not a fucking little monster. I've been a ride or die (free) bitch since the beginning. I don't STAN for her. She is part of my DNA. Bad Romance is pumping through my veins. She has informed my life. She is my queen.

ANY MORE QUESTIONS?

ven8y1.jpg

Archived