AMERIE'S NEW ALBUM TO HAVE AN 80S NEW WAVE SOUND.

janetDAYZ

Newly married songstress Ameriie had a sit down exclusively with Billboard.com to talk a little bit about her fifth studio album, Cymatika, Vol. 1, and even a reunion with producer Rich Harrison.

Q: What are the core genres of the album?

A: Trance and electronic. ’80′s new wave, but not in the sense of the sound, particularly, but more so the song structures themselves. I really wanted to try different things. Even with vocal approach, some of the songs my sister listened to and she didn’t even know it was me. I wanted to experiment with androgyny.

Q: In Love & War was about the gray area between being in love and not. Now that you’re a married woman, is that something you touch upon on Cymatika, Vol. 1?

A: This particular album is different as far as the subject matter. I kind of went in a place I didn’t go before. Relationships are very important to talk about but I also want to go a little deeper in to what it is that makes us human and what we have in common.

Q: Which producers are you working with?

A: Different people, but two I’ve worked really closely are Andre Harris, of Dre & Vidal but has branched off to do his own thing. He did probably a majority of the album.

Q: Will you and Rich Harrison work together?

A: We spoke about it not too long ago and I think we wanted to do something with this project. I went over it with him, what I was looking for in general, but we didn’t go too in depth because he’s been working a lot with his artists. I think that would be something a lot of people have been waiting for and something we’re ultimately going to do.

Predictable responses

"WHO"

"SHES A FLOP"

"SHES OVER"

"ANOTHER FLOP"

Actually Amerie is the only flop chick that ppl really root for on here,I see. Even Game likes Amerie so you know thats saying something.They dont bash her like they do the other bitches..

i like amerIIe

BUT since the chick added and extra I to her name she better be doing something extra this time

i havent loved a cd of hers from beginning to end since the 1st two cds

third and forth had some cool tracks and the mixtape was cool

honestly i think its time to fire her husband as her manager...imjustsaying

Archived