What Seperates Beyonce And Rihanna?

Escapade

On her admiration of her husband's talent

“Jay’s music is more than music. His lyrics have fathered generations. All that he has overcome gives millions so much hope. There are moments when I see his lips moving and I can see lyrics floating above his head and I think, ‘Wow! How did I get so lucky to be able to witness this level of genius so closely?’”

FLOVE Bey's relationship with her Camel! :thumbup::wub: :wub:

On why she went with this new ecelctic sound for 4

Figuring out a way to get R&B back on the radio is challenging. Everything sounds the same on the radio. With 4 I tried to mix R&B from the ’70s and the ’90s with rock ‘n’ roll and a lot of horns to create something new and exciting. I wanted musical changes, bridges, vibrata, live instrumentation, and classic songwriting.”

Great idea if you think about it. Just probably not the best time with the results we see. But it's gonna take more than one artist to put R&B back in the mainstream. That's a movement-type task.

The rest of the interview:

On working with Kanye again for 4 and him moving her to tears

“The fact that he’s belting out his pain, his confusion, and his anger, with no pre-written lyrics, was so moving,” she says. “He’s singing his heart out for five minutes. He is so vulnerable. I love when an artist can be so honest.”

On working with Frank Ocean after hearing him for the first time

“Jay had a CD playing in the car one Sunday when we were driving to Brooklyn. I noticed his tone, his arrangements, and his storytelling. I immediately reached out to him—literally the next morning. I asked him to fly to New York and work on my record.”

On her admiration of her husband's talent

“Jay’s music is more than music. His lyrics have fathered generations. All that he has overcome gives millions so much hope. There are moments when I see his lips moving and I can see lyrics floating above his head and I think, ‘Wow! How did I get so lucky to be able to witness this level of genius so closely?’”

How she deals with bad days

“I only allow myself one day to feel sorry for myself. People who complain really get on my nerves. When I’m not feeling my best I ask myself, ‘What are you gonna do about it?’ I use the negativity to fuel the transformation into a better me.”

On why she went with this new ecelctic sound for 4

Figuring out a way to get R&B back on the radio is challenging. Everything sounds the same on the radio. With 4 I tried to mix R&B from the ’70s and the ’90s with rock ‘n’ roll and a lot of horns to create something new and exciting. I wanted musical changes, bridges, vibrata, live instrumentation, and classic songwriting.”

Quoted for the second page.

Great idea if you think about it. Just probably not the best time with the results we see. But it's gonna take more than one artist to put R&B back in the mainstream. That's a movement-type task.

I wonder what made her want to do a straight R&B album. It was definitely a risk but I think if anyone should do it then it should be her. Hopefully R&B will takeover again like in the 90's. Just wishful thinking :)

I wonder what made her want to do a straight R&B album. It was definitely a risk but I think if anyone should do it then it should be her. Hopefully R&B will takeover again like in the 90's. Just wishful thinking :)

Probably because she feels more comfortable with that. Go back to a kinda "Crazy in Love" style instead of flooding the Pop genre with more "I Am" style music. She is a great catalyst for bringing back R&B, but it will take more than her. I'm all for a 'Back to the 90s' movement. I'd seriously love to see it happen :cheer:

Beyonce's covering the brand new issue of Complex magazine. And it seems she's opening up more and more as each interview unfolds. She no longer has Pappy Knowles yanking the reigns of what she can and can't say. So she's been dishing in detail about making a distinction between her and Rihanna, being proud of her own throne, her utter admiration for her husband, and why she's confident in the new sound she's bringing to R&B.

Ain't that the truth. :lol:

However, I highly doubt she said all that orally herself. I reckon she's got a ghost-mouth piece, because we all know she's never sounded like the brightest crayon in any interview before this one.

LMAO ! I'm thinking the exact same thing .... Beyonce just doesn't talk like that lol , so where did this come from... must be a new her

That album isn't exactly RNB , RNB :unsure:

Archived