The Quest for Queendom (Queen of Pop)

Escapade

LOL that's my point! Men will always have larger fan bases cause most straight men don't stan for women

but its interesting becuz you hear str8 guys say "I LOVe me some Janet!" which in most cases mean becuz they lust after her..thinking she's beautiful or sexy.It seems its less about the music and more about her PRESENCE ..like "Man, Thats JANET!" and str8 men GO see Janet in concert becuz of it.So are they not actual fans on a technical level or does that stil make them fans of Janet Jackson. :

Yeah but I doubt they buy her records just because they think she's fine but I see where you're coming from. The biggest thug in the world will admit Janet is fine but I doubt he'll go around bumping "Escapade" in his car LOL

Well I know that..but you do have some str8 guys who do have a Whitney album ..or a Janet poster in his room. Look at ppl like LyricalLEsson and Badgonegood. It IS str8 guys that purchase female albums it just may not be a masive amount. But they're out there.So I dont know if we should always be quick to say. "well str8 men dont buy female albums" Whitney,Mariah,Madonna,Celine, and Janet didn't move ALL those units due to gays and women -that just sounds kinda ridiculous when you think about it.

I know that's why I said most. My dad is the type of straight man that purchases womens music. Most boys at my school wouldn't even dare. I guess they're too concerned of what others would think about them

Right..

I remember the old member Maddox had made a comment. I said its alot of str8 guys that love them some Janet to where they been following her since Penny days and he said "Well if they've been following Janet that long..then they have to be gay" :blink:

I'm thinking...had you watched MTV ICON..TYRESE even said he's been following Janet since Penny dayz,u fool!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Interesting.

But on the other hand, these women have the advantage of gender. Sex sells. Look at Madonna. Her career was built on being provocative. Women benefit from gender as well.

yeah but there's str8 men that looove janet im sure ive heard all the rappers in the game voice their "drooling over" of janet at one time or another, what str8 man likes madonna? lol

but its interesting becuz you hear str8 guys say "I LOVe me some Janet!" which in most cases mean becuz they lust after her..thinking she's beautiful or sexy.It seems its less about the music and more about her PRESENCE ..like "Man, Thats JANET!" and str8 men GO see Janet in concert becuz of it.So are they not actual fans on a technical level or does that stil make them fans of Janet Jackson. :

i think a lot of str8 men go see her because they know she is the baddest female performer out there, and she doesnt let her femininity take over her performance, she goes IN as if she were michael or james brown so when u say im going to see janet, it sounds way different than im going to see madonna or britney

i think a lot of str8 men go see her because they know she is the baddest female performer out there, and she doesnt let her femininity take over her performance, she goes IN as if she were michael or james brown so when u say im going to see janet, it sounds way different than im going to see madonna or britney

EXACTLY

When I went to the RWU tour...it was sum hood/thug looking mofoz sitting right in from of me. I will admit I was kinda shocked at that....and I remember specifically one of em was bobbing his head hard when Janet was doing "Black Cat" ...he seemed to love the bassline. :lol:I also remember them LOSING THEIR MINDS when Janet does that lil drop of her pussy over her "victim" when she did "Discipline"

Janet is the queen.

What people don't realise is it's not all about sales. It's about impact to the industry and cultural significance.

Janet is the only one in that bunch who has achieved the highest impact and significance. Impact in music and video through incorporating dance in to video as a concept...something everyone takes for granted now. Not to mention more than any on the list the 'Janet blueprint' is the one that is mist evidently copied today. She also has the most diverse catalogue and the most personal lyrics.

Her cultural significance is much more apparent than the others. A child star, the world has grown up with Janet longer than the rest. People know her, they relate to her, she's real, she's grounded, but she is a powerhouse name that people still are starstruck by. Out of all those mentioned, Janet even though having been around longer is still the mist youthful in age, appearance and persona, and so has every potential to continue relevant success. The others are dwindling in to past it status. Janet will forever remain relevant. This proven by her ability to resurge now after her troubles in recent years.

+1 and :cheers:

You, my dear, may take a bow. You know you gave them what they needed with that comment. :cheers:

jjlg69.gif

Archived