La Toya Jackson talks Amy Winehouse passing via Twitter

Reyna ♔

La Toya Jackson, took to Twitter this weekend, like so many other stars, and discussed her feelings about the loss of the talented singer, Amy Winehouse. The news was broken in the media on Saturday, that Amy Winehouse had shockingly passed away at the very young age of twenty-seven. Fans around the world are stunned and saddened over the loss. Jackson, who has experienced the loss of her brother, took to Twitter to express her condolences for the family of the singer.

La Toya Jackson took to Twitter and wrote of the shocking passing of singer Amy Winehouse: "I'm so sorry to hear about Amy Winehouse, we've lost another incredible talent! My heart goes out to her family and my prayers R with them. I know the pain her family is experiencing I feel their pain. I've lived their pain. I'm soooo terribly sorry. Once again R prayers R with U."

Many friends of Amy Winehouse took to Twitter and expressed their condolences for her family, and shared how they were feeling over the news.

Source: http://www.examiner.com/jackson-family-in-national/michael-jackson-la-toya-jackson-talks-amy-winehouse-passing-via-twitter

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope - as I said, she was kind but she put herself in a picture that has nothing to do with her. It's inappropriate.

If someone close to me died and someone gave me condolences but spent most of the time talking about themselves it would annoy me

Nope - as I said, she was kind but she put herself in a picture that has nothing to do with her. It's inappropriate.

If someone close to me died and someone gave me condolences but spent most of the time talking about themselves it would annoy me

She was only saying how she can relate to their pain.

I don't think it is at all. She's sympathizing with them. Telling them she understands the pain and she's sorry. It's like yesterday when a friend told me he had broken his spine and recovered. He talked about himself but it brought me 'relief' in some form because I could relate.(PS 16 of those words were about 'her'. The other 37 were about Amy)

Idon't think it is at all. She's sympathizing with them. Telling them she understands the pain and she's sorry. It's like yesterday when a friend told me he had broken his spine and recovered. He talked about himself but it brought me 'relief' in some form because I could relate.(PS 16 of those words were about 'her'. The other 37 were about Amy)

SHE DID TOO MUCH

exactly... despite the similarities between... you are exactly right

Yup, you wouldn't go to someone's wedding and talk about your own, or meet someone's new baby and talk about it in relation to yours etc - it's just bad form. Everyone knows latoya lost her brother, but losing a brother is not like losing a son or daughter anyway.

I'm like that mother in law

Yup, you wouldn't go to someone's wedding and talk about your own, or meet someone's new baby and talk about it in relation to yours etc - it's just bad form. Everyone knows latoya lost her brother, but losing a brother is not like losing a son or daughter anyway.

Have you never seen mothers talk to new mothers :unsure:? I have.

M1: Well I dilated 10 cms

M2: they gave me an epidural

M1: Oh I didn't need one...

NM: I had a cesarean

M3: My baby was born at perfect weight

etc.

I've heard it at weddings, funerals, birthday parties..

It's more common than you'd like to think.

angelina_bitchface-vi.gif

happykittiesp1.gif

no one likes a "one-upper"

It's always good to hear from someone who can relate to your situation, good or bad, that way you have a common type ground and can help each other gain relief. Most ANYBODY will tell you that. Plus, Latoya said "our" prayers are with you in the last sentence. Meaning her FAMILY. I do recall Joe and Katherine losing TWO children. So they can relate. This was relation FAMILY TO FAMILY. Latoya was speaking to Amy's family as a whole, not just the parents. So please, boys, think before you speak.

Archived