La Toya Jackson talks Amy Winehouse passing via Twitter

Reyna ♔

I'm not saying latoya had bad intentions, she was sweet. She was just inappropriate. Yes it's nice to hear from someone who can relate at an appropriate time, if you ask for it. Not in an initial message of condolence or congratulations. As I said, it is basic manners and prevents people from saying that you are selfish or insensitive

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not saying latoya had bad intentions, she was sweet. She was just inappropriate. Yes it's nice to hear from someone who can relate at an appropriate time, if you ask for it. Not in an initial message of condolence or congratulations. As I said, it is basic manners and prevents people from saying that you are selfish or insensitive

It was twitter, she wasn't sitting down having tea with her family.

What did Ricky and his tiddays say?! :umm: I didn't read anything about him making a comment.

Well he said that he always wanted to work with her, R.I.P., and that he's "lighting one in her honor". Which if it proves overdose was a factor in her demise, that isn't too kind. :sigh:

Sometimes its best to just say rest in peace and leave it at that. Personally I don't have a problem with what Toy said, but I knew as soon as I opened this link that she would relate Amy's death back to MJ some how. What she said was true. When you experience a similar pain it allows you to empathies not just feel sympathy. But because she is seen as an attention whore who lives off her brothers name her intentions are being misunderstood.

I don't understand why she says it like only she can relate. Anybody who loses a very close relative can relate regardless. Did she think the fame would make a difference :mellow:

Exactly! Good point. We all will or have lost people very close to us in our family, so we can all relate, which is another reson why I don't see the need for her to bring herself into it like that, plus the manners issue that I raised.

Exactly! Good point. We all will or have lost people very close to us in our family, so we can all relate, which is another reson why I don't see the need for her to bring herself into it like that, plus the manners issue that I raised.

You know Latoya will ride michaels death to her very own dying day ... she'll probs have a shit load of cameras around her death bed talking about "Now I know how Michael felt"

Why are yall making this a big deal? :mellow:

It's not a bog deal, but this was posted on a discussion forum, so I chose to give my opinion. I clearly stated that it was a sweet gesture but she didn't need to put herself or her own feelings into the mix in order to empathise. It's bad manners and inappropriate. That isn't even a discussion point - it's a fact.

It's not a bog deal, but this was posted on a discussion forum, so I chose to give my opinion. I clearly stated that it was a sweet gesture but she didn't need to put herself or her own feelings into the mix in order to empathise. It's bad manners and inappropriate. That isn't even a discussion point - it's a fact.

Why are you so invested in what 'a Latoya Jackson' is saying of all ppl. I could care less about what that lady is talking about. :lol: But I guess...you all may proceed.

At least she gave her time. I could care less about how she said it. It's nice to hear positivity since it seems to be so rare nowadays.

Exactly! Thats all that matters. Ppl dissecting what she said is beyond ridiculous. And lets not act like every single word that has came out of our mouths have been appropriate. PLEASE.

It's not a fact :rolleyes:

It is a fact. It is considered bad manners and insensitive to bring yourself into it when congratulating or consoling someone. Just because you are ignorant to it, or you dint agree doesn't mean it isn't true.

When you wish someone a happy birthday do you write about your own birthday in the card? No, because it isn't about you, your feelings, your experience, it's about them.

Archived