Boy with 34 fingers and toes breaks world record

cnd

A ONE-year-old boy in India has broken a world record after being born with 34 fingers and toes.

Akshat Saxena had seven fingers on each hand and ten toes on each foot, according to a spokesman for Guinness World Records.

The child, from Uttar Pradesh in northern India, has since had a series of surgeries to amputate the excess digits.

Akshat was born last year without thumbs so doctors are working to reconstruct these out of the fingers they have removed.

His mother Amrita Saxena said: "I was so happy to see my baby as it was our first child.

"But later, when I saw his fingers, I was shocked and surprised."

The condition is known as polydactyly, a genetic disorder which can be inherited and gives rise to excess digits.

The record was previously held by a six-year-old boy in China who had 15 fingers and 16 toes.

The child, who his family refused to name, also had surgery to remove his extra digits. He now has ten fingers and ten toes following a six-and-a-half hour operation at a hospital in Shenyang, Liaoning last March.

Click here to see photos of young Akshat at The Sun.

http://www.news.com.au/world/indian-boy-with-34-fingers-and-toes-breaks-world-record-reports-say/story-e6frfl09-1226102093118#ixzz1TJVEpoSR

The mother must have drank some contaminated water when she was pregnant.

that's not a feat to celebrate :mellow:

I thought in india they celebrate multiple limbvs because it's god like, i know a few of their gods have alot of arms and stuff... I rememebr watching a documentary about this other Indian child who had a parasitic twin and was considered a rencarnations of an indian god.

8LimbGirlBARC_468x319.jpg

8-weird-miracle-babies.jpg

The mother must have drank some contaminated water when she was pregnant.

I thought in india they celebrate multiple limbvs because it's god like, i know a few of their gods have alot of arms and stuff... I ememebr watching a documentary about this other Indian child who had a parasitic twin and was considered a rencarnations of the indian god vishnu

8LimbGirlBARC_468x319.jpg

8-weird-miracle-babies.jpg

I remember her. They named her Lakshmi after the goddess Lakshmi who was said to have been born with 8 limbs. ^_^

It's an abnormality... A mutation

No ish sherlock, no one says it's normal as a matter of fact it catches media attention because it's abnormal but the parents still love their children and make the best of the situation. Alot of times they can't afford surgery for their child without assistance.

Archived