I like Drake better as a singer

LyricalLesson

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So do I. He doesn't have a great voice, but he knows how to use what he's got. His vocals work. But his rapping? Nup. His flow is okay but for the most part he's a terrible lyricist.

You could block me but this ain't Jenga. Ugh, barf.

he tried it tho :lmao:

:blink:

Uh, maybe YOU can't. But I can clearly hear him. And I wasn't just talking about the vocal, I was also talking about the lyrics. He co-wrote the song too. He did his thing all-around with this song.

You can ask Hotboy, I was addicted to that song and I didn't know he was on it..

I knew he co wrote it but didn't know he was actually singing on it.

I prefer his rapping, but "Brand New" is my favorite from him vocally. ^_^ He's not that great of a live singer though. -_-

I've never heard him sing live before, I'm going to have to do some YouTubing... :lol:

That's what kills me about these guys today, most of them CAN'T sing live. My favorite thing to do is to sing live on a stage, that's where I think I sound best. I hate that these guys are just studio vocalists...you just never know what's real and what's computer generated.

I've never heard him sing live before, I'm going to have to do some YouTubing... :lol:

That's what kills me about these guys today, most of them CAN'T sing live. My favorite thing to do is to sing live on a stage, that's where I think I sound best. I hate that these guys are just studio vocalists...you just never know what's real and what's computer generated.

"Find Your Love" on Jay Leno was very uncomfortable to watch. -_-:lol:

Yeah exactly. -_- I'm sure you sound great live! ^_^

"Find Your Love" on Jay Leno was very uncomfortable to watch. -_-:lol:

Yeah exactly. -_- I'm sure you sound great live! ^_^

Haha whoa! That's the one I just watched...and sadly...you're right :sigh: he was terrible.

Oh, I think I sound pretty good live, but I guess me saying that would be biased...since it's myself I'm discussing :lol: maybe one of these days I'll have a performance on Jay Leno that will be discussed on this board. I'll savor all of the praise, and copious amounts of slamming it may produce :wub::lmao:

Haha whoa! That's the one I just watched...and sadly...you're right :sigh: he was terrible.

Oh, I think I sound pretty good live, but I guess me saying that would be biased...since it's myself I'm discussing :lol: maybe one of these days I'll have a performance on Jay Leno that will be discussed on this board. I'll savor all of the praise, and copious amounts of slamming it may produce :wub::lmao:

Yeah it seems like a simple enough song to sing, yet he still dropped the ball. That's one reason why I prefer his rapping. -_-

:lol: Well I'm sure you're telling the truth. I'd give your YouTube video of the performance a thumbs up. :P

Yeah it seems like a simple enough song to sing, yet he still dropped the ball. That's one reason why I prefer his rapping. -_-

:lol: Well I'm sure you're telling the truth. I'd give your YouTube video of the performance a thumbs up. :P

Oh yes, it's definitely a chill, mellow, and "safe" vocal...I'm shocked that he didn't do it justice -_-

:lol::excited: It's a deal! I'm gonna hold you to that, man ;)

:o:excited: Maaaaan, you're taking it WAAAY back! I did that like 4 years ago! I almost forgot about that :excited:

I LOVE that song. One of my 10 favorite songs EVER! Ne-Yo absolutely KILLED it! :wub:

yea that was when you first got to the forum. and i also rember the kiwi foot spray in walmart and the lady with her husband

yea that was when you first got to the forum. and i also rember the kiwi foot spray in walmart and the lady with her husband

*DEAD* :o :o :o:lmao:

That's insane! I swear, I thought I was invisible to the forum back then. :excited: you got a crazy good memory Boi!

Btw, I still have people askin' me about that Wal*Mart incident every once in a while :lol:

*DEAD* :o :o :o:lmao:

That's insane! I swear, I thought I was invisible to the forum back then. :excited: you got a crazy good memory Boi!

Btw, I still have people askin' me about that Wal*Mart incident every once in a while :lol:

i have a pretty good memory of old stuff but ask me what shirt i wore yesterday and im like :blink: lol