How Social Networking is evolving the New Generation?

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

I found this article interesting when It comes to social networking and the growing teens of today

http://shine.yahoo.c...orking-2527367/

Give you guys a few quotes:

“There’s more ‘life’ happening online than offline. If you are not online, you are completely out of the loop--you don’t have a life, you don’t really exist.” --Hannah, 13 years old

“I feel safer online than I do offline. So I do things online that I wouldn’t do in real life.”

--Sadie, 14 years old

Foreshadowing perhaps?:

“Social networking affects all the things you do in real life now. Like, if you go to a party, one of the most important aspects of going to the party is to document yourself for online posts. You have to prove you were looking good, you were having fun, and that you were actually there! It’s not about the party anymore but about the pictures of the party.” --Caroline, 14 years old

Youths today seem more and more unable to separate reality from the online world, so much so that they seem to have a missing link between action and consequence and how the reality of their actions can effect other people.

“Social networking affects all the things you do in real life now. Like, if you go to a party, one of the most important aspects of going to the party is to document yourself for online posts. You have to prove you were looking good, you were having fun, and that you were actually there! It’s not about the party anymore but about the pictures of the party.” --Caroline, 14 years old

What the silly does a 14 year old know about parties... :/

teens are getting arrested over here because of Facebook :sigh:

These stupid hos go on to bully ppl and beating them and what do they do next? put it on youtube and facebook... Next thing you know they are on the court crying their eyes out or leaving the country before that happens :sigh:

Youths today seem more and more unable to separate reality from the online world, so much so that they seem to have a missing link between action and consequence and how the reality of their actions can effect other people.

It's all Rihanna's fault. I kid :lol:. I agree with you though. Such a damn shame.

nailed it!

Archived