Remembering Aaliyah, 10 years later (1979 - 2001)

art

Estelle: "Her purity of voice was incredible. She didn't try too hard or do any tricks. That's something I liked about her.When she was singing, she let it fall out of her. With her it was addicting. Her vocals and style is what had her stand out above and beyond everyone. When I listen to her voice now, I think, 'She was killing it. She was a beast.'"

Melody Thornton: "I loved seeing her on MTV Diary when she was playing around with her hair and makeup people. They were just having fun, laughing and trying on wigs. It showed she didn't take herself too seriously, she had fun. Every girl in my school and every sexually confused young man knew the choreography to "Are You That Somebody" after like the third time they had seen the video. It went that hard. The long skirt with the two slits became the thing. "Are You That Somebody" is a big one for me, the whole era was amazing for me."

:umm: Melody. WTF at the bold? :lol:

SWV: "We actually had a chance to hang out with Aaliyah after a show in Japan back in 1996. Aaliyah came to see one of our shows while out there promoting her album. She also came by to the hotel after the show to hang out. She was sweet, warm, very friendly, and just a down to earth person. Aaliyah was such an incredible talent. Her death was such a shock to all of us but we know her music will forever live on! Her voice is definitely missed!"

Wynter Gordon: "I think she was just finding herself when she died. She was just coming into her own. She wasn't like this young girl anymore. She was a woman. She was finding herself and she died right when she was reaching the top. Aaliyah had this really soft voice. It was soft but strong. And she was beautiful. You just wanted to be her, she was so likeable. The guys probably wanted to be with her her and the girls wanted to be like her. I think "Rock The Boat" was very revolutionary for when it came out because that song was such a mood song, it was so real. It was like she was riding a rhythm and a beat. It was like an old school Motown song, you could break it down. I don't think people make music like that anymore, it's so inspiring."

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know you could come better, could come better than that

Don't hit me with all that loose rap

You can keep that

:filenails:

I didn't wanna quote the long post since certain people complain about that, but I really love your poem, big brother ^_^:wub: I +1 you, too, since that bitch gave you a negative :rolleyes:

I didn't wanna quote the long post since certain people complain about that, but I really love your poem, big brother ^_^:wub: I +1 you, too, since that bitch gave you a negative :rolleyes:

Awwwww thanks sis :).

LMFAO! He popped me a negative for that yet supposedly I'M rattled? Ch....I'm going to stop. I was raised not to make talk smack about the ill.

Awwwww thanks sis :).

LMFAO! He popped me a negative for that yet supposedly I'M rattled? Ch....I'm going to stop. I was raised not to make talk smack about the ill.

You're welcome ^_^

Right?? :lmao:

So true. But I was raised to to tell the truth and nothin' but the truth. Oh where, oh where shall I begin :whistle:

oh honey

it came after the -1 u popped me

but of course u conveniently forgot that (or tried to hide it)

oop

keep going.. we know ur so desperate to be piss me of

the board just keeps laughing louder @ u

u and ur crazy lil sister

Troll-be-gone-atsof-547565_336_346.gif

He tries so hard to be noticed. I usually befriend people who need friends, but when they go the "stupid bullshit" route, I'm done with them. :filenails:

:lol:

Anyway whats your favourite Aaliyah song? I know you don't like that many of the other girls other than Janet but how do you feel about Aaliyah?

:lol:

Anyway whats your favourite Aaliyah song? I know you don't like that many of the other girls other than Janet but how do you feel about Aaliyah?

I actually really loved her. She was the only new girl I ever really liked until recently with Christina and P!nk. Her style kinda mirrored Janet in many ways and I really liked that about her. I think my favorites of hers would be:

More Than a Woman

4 Page Letter

One in a Million

Rock the Boat

Resolution

Are You That Somebody

I Miss You

I actually really loved her. She was the only new girl I ever really liked until recently with Christina and P!nk. Her style kinda mirrored Janet in many ways and I really liked that about her. I think my favorites of hers would be:

More Than a Woman

4 Page Letter

One in a Million

Rock the Boat

Resolution

Are You That Somebody

I Miss You

Yaaaaaaaay!

jags5k-vi.gif

:wub:

Keyshia Cole: [/b]“When I found out that she [had] past that night, I just cried [while] on the tour bus. That’s amazing for someone to have that affect on other people’s lives.I think why it affected me so much without me knowing her is because she seemed to have a beautiful soul. [There was] something about her spirit. She connected before reality TV, before any of that happened in our era. It was something about her that made you connect to her. She seemed like she had a beautiful soul”.

Tour bus? Was she an artist before 05'? :unsure:

Tour bus? Was she an artist before 05'? :unsure:

That's what I was trying to figure out (whilst ignoring the sp :lol:).

I know she was in the 'industry' before then because of 2Pac. But she never did anything until I Changed My Mind.

That's what I was trying to figure out (whilst ignoring the sp :lol:).

I know she was in the 'industry' before then because of 2Pac. But she never did anything until I Changed My Mind.

And I know that she use to be around Hammer but he wasn't touring in no damn 2001. :lol: Pac was gone before then too. So da bitch musta been a groupie on somebodys tour bus.

TEA CLOCKED!:lmao:

And I know that she use to be around Hammer but he wasn't touring in no damn 2001. :lol: Pac was gone before then too. So da bitch musta been a groupie on somebodys tour bus.

TEA CLOCKED!:lmao:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: *dies*. I'mma need to tweet her about this!

Archived