Remembering Aaliyah, 10 years later (1979 - 2001)

art

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was gonna be ppl outside her camp speaking on Aaliayh as well. Like Patti,Kelly Rowland and a few others I seen advertised. I was expecting MORE overall.

But I will say it was interesting to learn as to WHY Tim and Missy didn't play a major role in her 3rd project and that Aaliyah and Timbaland had got into an argument right before she passed.

I thought it was gonna be ppl outside her camp speaking on Aaliayh as well. Like Patti,Kelly Rowland and a few others I seen advertised. I was expecting MORE overall.

But I will say it was interesting to learn as to WHY Tim and Missy didn't play a major role in her 3rd project and that Aaliyah and Timbaland had got into an argument right before she passed.

Could you give me the details please, because I missed the tribute. I remembered the 25th (I always will), but I wasn't able to check out the tribute on BET.

I found out via two way pager (ch...that shit was so long ago).

I was shocked and I didn't cry until BET did a 106 n Park tribute with Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men's "One Sweet Day" playing in the background...I lost it.

She was so talented, so humble, so grounded and GORGEOUS.

I miss her.

!!!!

Could you give me the details please, because I missed the tribute. I remembered the 25th (I always will), but I wasn't able to check out the tribute on BET.

Timbaland felt Aaliyah was being rushed by her label to do the "Aaliyah" album.He couldn't understand why she had to work on her album AS she was filming in Australia. Aaliyah's ppl wanted Tim and Missy to fly out there. Missy had other obligations and Tim just didn't like the set up of how they were tryna bring him in on the project. He felt it was too complicated and he refused to just send material. He likes to work WITH the artist in the creative space of a studio.Her ppl pretty much didn't accommodate to the way Tim and Missy operates as producers/songwirters.

This Is One Of The Best Aaliyah Tribute Mixes I Ever Heard IMO. Though I Would Share It

http://www.djbrainchild.com/2011/08/25/10-year-letter-an-aaliyah-anniversary-tribute-mix/

Tracklist

1. Intro

2. If Your Girl Only Knew

3. Come Back In One Piece (feat. DMX)

4. A Girl Like You (feat. Treach)

5. Hot Like Fire

6. Loose Rap

7. Those Were The Days

8. Are You Ready

9. Try Again

10. Back & Forth

11. Rock The Boat

12. At Your Best (You Are Love)

13. It's Whatever

14. One In A Million

15. We Need A Resolution (feat. Timbaland)

16. Heartbroken

17. Death Of A Playa

18. Are You That Somebody

19. Man Undercover

20. John Blaze

21. 4 Page Letter

Timbaland felt Aaliyah was being rushed by her label to do the "Aaliyah" album.He couldn't understand why she had to work on her album AS she was filming in Australia. Aaliyah's ppl wanted Tim and Missy to fly out there. Missy had other obligations and Tim just didn't like the set up of how they were tryna bring him in on the project. He felt it was too complicated and he refused to just send material. He likes to work WITH the artist in the creative space of a studio.Her ppl pretty much didn't accommodate to the way Tim and Missy operates as producers/songwirters.

I see...

So they kinda had a falling out over business. That's sad. It happens though.

I don't understand why her label rushed the project either. I guess they were trying to take advantage of the success she just had with "Romeo Must Die" and "Try Again".

This Is One Of The Best Aaliyah Tribute Mixes I Ever Heard IMO. Though I Would Share It

http://www.djbrainchild.com/2011/08/25/10-year-letter-an-aaliyah-anniversary-tribute-mix/

Tracklist

1. Intro

5. Hot Like Fire

6. Loose Rap

7. Those Were The Days

8. Are You Ready

9. Try Again

10. Back & Forth

11. Rock The Boat

13. It's Whatever

14. One In A Million

16. Heartbroken

17. Death Of A Playa

19. Man Undercover

20. John Blaze

21. 4 Page Letter

Thanks for posting!

This is a very beautiful mix. I listened to all 57 minutes without stopping it.

The transition between Rock The Boat and At Your Best >>>>

I see...

So they kinda had a falling out over business. That's sad. It happens though.

I don't understand why her label rushed the project either. I guess they were trying to take advantage of the success she just had with "Romeo Must Die" and "Try Again".

Well she had been gone for awhile (full studio album-wise) but I remember Aaliyah saying she was originally suppose to been releasing in the latter part of 99 or early 2000 but other things got in the way. So I think the label had already been waiting for her to put another album together to where they just went ahead and gave her a deadline. That was another thing Timbaland said. She only had a 30 day window to put an album together,so he didn't like that either.

Well she had been gone for awhile (full studio album-wise) but I remember Aaliyah saying she was originally suppose to been releasing in the latter part of 99 or early 2000 but other things got in the way. So I think the label had already been waiting for her to put another album together to where they just went ahead and gave her a deadline. That was another thing Timbaland said. She only had a 30 day window to put an album together,so he didn't like that either.

Wow...

It's amazing the "Aaliyah" turned out the way it did with that type of deadline in place. Then again, some time your best work is created in situations like that.

They did have her doing ALOT at that time. The album, promo, three videos back to back, along with QOD and the scenes she did for The Matrix.

Wow...

It's amazing the "Aaliyah" turned out the way it did with that type of deadline in place. Then again, some time your best work is created in situations like that.

They did have her doing ALOT at that time. The album, promo, three videos back to back, along with QOD and the scenes she did for The Matrix.

And sometimes it comes out a hawt ass mess *points to Bey's B'Day* -_-

Tracklist

1. Intro

5. Hot Like Fire

6. Loose Rap

7. Those Were The Days

8. Are You Ready

9. Try Again

10. Back & Forth

11. Rock The Boat

13. It's Whatever

14. One In A Million

16. Heartbroken

17. Death Of A Playa

19. Man Undercover

20. John Blaze

21. 4 Page Letter

Thanks for posting! I need to download this and put it on cd!

Wow...

The guy "Static" from the group Playa was like a mad scientist as a writer. He wrote bout 98% of the album. They said Static was simultaneously writing songs as he would go and listen to Aaliyah's team of producers that were coming up with shit everyday.He would go in one session,listen to what they created..start writing..then leave and go into another studio session down the hall and start writing a song . Static is underrated. He's a damn good writer.

Archived