CRUCIFY HIM!!!

Reyna ♔

And both of them are still overrated. I could care less about what any of you say. :lol:

The janet. era is forgettable. The only thing epic that came out of that era was the RS cover. Hell the AFY era is more memorable than janet. The only memorable videos from TVR are GTIG and IGL. The rest are forgettable.

Kick and scream all you want, but the two eras that made Janet were Control and RN1814.

:blink:

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The album was overrated but the ERA itself was too huge to deny.

A4U was over too quick to take down the janet era imo. janet era had legs for dayz :lol:

But it's not memorable. It's actually pretty useless.

Control - removed Janet from the shadows of her family

RN1814 - critically placed Janet in the ranks of MJ, Madonna, and Prince

janet. - ......

TVR - most artistic feat to date

AFY - solidified Janet has a legend

janet. - ......

Is there something wrong with u?

What did u expect her to do? Come out with another RN just after her the RN album

#howaboutno

janet. is part of her sexual development, sexual growth , liberation, and growth into womanhood (which started with the LWND video)

.. ts not just about the music u know.. janets albums reflect her journey

and the album made her into a sex symbol and international icon..

And, isnt janet. >> RN worldwide?

im pretty sure it sold more

and the janet tour >>>

u know.. there is a world outside USA, Austin

and maybe its coz ur not sexual that u dont get it

asham.gif

janet. - ......

Much as you hate "If" ..that song and video (along with TTWLG) makes the janet era memorable. An artist at their PEAK will always be a memorable moment within their career span. The "If" breakdown is the 2nd most recognized "signature" Janet moment after RN,ever. Im not tryna persuade you to like it but Im just saying.

janet. - ......

Arguably the BIGGEST star in the world. She was ON TOP! That was a Madonna who? Mike who? moment ..

"which started with the LWND video"

You lose.

I noticed how u forgot the rest of my essay

im not here for ur nitpicking

what i mean to say is the whole imagery thing... LWND was her first raunch video, the bra top thing

she had never done that before

and it continued with janet

#sitdown

we know u got nothing else to pick out, so u gotta be desperate

Much as you hate "If" ..that song and video (along with TTWLG) makes the janet era memorable. An artist at their PEAK will always be a memorable moment within their career span. The "If" breakdown is the 2nd most recognized "signature" Janet moment after RN,ever. Im not tryna persuade you to like it but Im just saying.

Here ya'll go again with this "If" mess. :lol: Whenever I go to another artist's board and they're talking about their favorite Janet videos, "If" does NOT get mentioned. "TTWLG" does NOT get mentioned. "Again" does NOT get mentioned. :lol: Ya'll have put that song and video on a pedestal that only YOU recognize. :lol: Outside of the fan community, rarely does anything from janet. get mentioned. I was talking to someone who's a semi-fan and he agreed that janet. is the permanent lesser between Janet's landmark 5.

I noticed how u forgot the rest of my essay

im not here for ur nitpicking

what i mean to say is the whole imagery thing... LWND was her first raunch video, the bra top thing

she had never done that before

and it continued with janet

#sitdown

we know u got nothing else to pick out, so u gotta be desperate

Right, and that's why LWND is more popular and acclaimed than all of the janet. era videos. :lol:

not that i need to defend ur lunacy, but

* janet. debuted at number one with the largest first week sales in history for a female artist at the time.

* listed by the National Association of Recording Merchandisers and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as one of the 200 Definitive Albums of All Time.

* TTWLG was her biggest #1 to that date. All the other #1s were for a few weeks here and there (and some more for the others). TTWLG #1 for 8 weeks, and also chart-topper INTERNATIONALLY!

* Also earned her two grammy nominations, one of which she won

* Again got her an oscar nomination

The imagery and videos for the era also had much influence on rocknroll/pop culture

Here ya'll go again with this "If" mess. :lol: Whenever I go to another artist's board and they're talking about their favorite Janet videos, "If" does NOT get mentioned. "TTWLG" does NOT get mentioned. "Again" does NOT get mentioned. :lol: Ya'll have put that song and video on a pedestal that only YOU recognize. :lol: Outside of the fan community, rarely does anything from janet. get mentioned. I was talking to someone who's a semi-fan and he agreed that janet. is the permanent lesser between Janet's landmark 5.

I have family members and actual friends who dont care for Janet at all but they acknowledge "If" because it IS one of her standouts..simply becuz of the breakdown. You see ppl always attempting to do it..getting the arms and legs wrong. :lol: Non Janet fans that I've ran across in my lifetime have in someway or another get on the subject of "If". I cant think of any other song and video by her other than RN thats get more recognition. I simply cant. So what video are you saying gets acknolwedged after RN?

dont even listen to this idiot

no one is gonna take him seriously anymore, after those comments

total delusional

hell, even reyna can appreciate it and she wasnt even probably born in those eras asham.gif

I was born August 93. So a few months after the Janet album dropped. I became a fan October 8th, 1996. Pretty much a full year before TVR dropped.

The self-proclaimed "head Stan in charge" needs to check himself before he gets replaced :coffee:

I have family members and actual friends who dont care for Janet at all but they acknowledge "If" because it IS one of her standouts..simply becuz of the breakdown. You see ppl always attempting to do it..getting the arms and legs wrong. :lol: Non Janet fans that I've ran across in my lifetime have in someway or another get on the subject of "If". I cant think of any other song and video by her other than RN thats get more recognition. I simply cant. So what video are you saying gets acknolwedged after RN?

Rarely do I ever see anyone mention "If" as a standout. It's forgettable, but some of you seem to think it's right up there with RN and TPP when in reality 'tis not. Janet's most acclaimed videos will always be RN, LWND, Scream, and TPP, and probably in that exact order.

Whitney was just as big as Janet during that time.

As a show stopping ENTERTAINER is what I was referring to. She was the MUST SEE entertainer of that time. I lived it Austin. I remember it vividly. :lol: Im not some deuluded fan that came along in 01' or something. I WAS HERE WHEN JANET WAS AT THE HEIGHT OF HER STATUS AND POPULARITY. You can feel its not that great all day but I lived "the moment". We can agree to disagree but I think we're battling on two different fields. You feel the era was overrated and all Im saying is it was HUGE and WHY it was huge. Thats it..thats all. You are entitled to feel its overrated all day..thats not my concern but to act like "If" is not one of her most recognizable? I STRONGLY disagree.

I was born August 93. So a few months after the Janet album dropped. I became a fan October 8th, 1996. Pretty much a full year before TVR dropped.

The self-proclaimed "head Stan in charge" needs to check himself before he gets replaced :coffee:

he needs to be checked

cant even get the facts right

for eg

totally dismissive of the sales, international acclaim the janet era got

i cant

:mellow:

I'm so glad I'm the product of Janet's true legacy. :coffee:

what does that mean?

he needs to be checked

cant even get the facts right

for eg

totally dismissive of the sales, international acclaim the janet era got

i cant

"If" is recognized as one of her all time best dance videos, "That's the Way Love Goes" is one of her most idolized, hell "Again",the song, got a fucking Academy Award nomination!! Is he fucking serious?? I just...no. No.

Rarely do I ever see anyone mention "If" as a standout. It's forgettable, but some of you seem to think it's right up there with RN and TPP when in reality 'tis not. Janet's most acclaimed videos will always be RN, LWND, Scream, and TPP, and probably in that exact order.

I didn't hear much talk about TPP until this site to be honest :blink:

Its always been RN,then IF ..that breakdown STICKS in ppls head. Soon as they hear that Diana/Supremes sample kick in..ppl know whats bout to come and they go nuts cuz its always anticipated.

what does that mean?

It means that I was around when Janet became who she is now..from Control up until the present. Janet's classics are considered her "earlier" work. RN is arguably her most legendary moment..but "If" is my favorite video of all time.."If" is one of her most iconic routines ever. It's rarely changed during her tours because it's that legendary.

And I don't agree with what some of what Austin is saying..he's expressed his opinion about those routines before..it shouldn't come as a shock to anyone. Doesn't necessarily mean he is right.

Archived