CRUCIFY HIM!!!

Reyna ♔

As a show stopping ENTERTAINER is what I was referring to. She was the MUST SEE entertainer of that time. I lived it Austin. I remember it vividly. :lol: Im not some deuluded fan that came along in 01' or something. I WAS HERE WHEN JANET WAS AT THE HEIGHT OF HER STATUS AND POPULARITY. You can feel its not that great all day but I lived "the moment". We can agree to disagree but I think we're battling on two different fields. You feel the era was overrated and all Im saying is it was HUGE and WHY it was huge. Thats it..thats all. You are entitled to feel its overrated all day..thats not my concern but to act like "If" is not one of her most recognizable? I STRONGLY disagree.

I'm not denying that the era was massive, but I'm just saying it's overrated. There are certain eras were it lacks, and once again for fans to think its her magnum opus is complete lunacy. Just because she was popular? Please. :coffee: Just because she was sexy? Please. :coffee: Just because of a breakdown? Please. :coffee: As a consummate era, Control and RN1814 are the strongest. There's a reason why Control and RN1814 are held in a higher regard than janet. and TVR.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It means that I was around when Janet became who she is now..from Control up until the present. Janet's classics are considered her "earlier" work. RN is arguably her most legendary moment..but "If" is my favorite video of all time.."If" is one of her most iconic routines ever. It's rarely changed during her tours because it's that legendary.

And I don't agree with what some of what Austin is saying..he's expressed his opinion about those routines before..it shouldn't come as a shock to anyone. Doesn't necessarily mean he is right.

POINT BLANK

Austin's opinion cant erase history.

I guarantee if a random poll was posted on some site asking whats Janet's best video/ most iconic routine ever.. "If" would come in with HUGE poll numbers. I wouldnt be surprised if it overtook RN to be honest. Fans and non fans simply loved that breakdown,PERIOD.

"If" is recognized as one of her all time best dance videos, "That's the Way Love Goes" is one of her most idolized, hell "Again",the song, got a fucking Academy Award nomination!! Is he fucking serious?? I just...no. No.

i cant take him seriously

that whole janet era made janet a superstar, icon, sex symbol

of course the RN is great musically and for its message etc

but janet took her out of that military uniform, and made her a new person

HOT excited.gifexcited.gifexcited.gif

not to mention it was a successful era anyway

she was like the "it" girl @ the time

everyone wanted to be janet

it just had so much spillover effect

It means that I was around when Janet became who she is now..from Control up until the present. Janet's classics are considered her "earlier" work. RN is arguably her most legendary moment..but "If" is my favorite video of all time.."If" is one of her most iconic routines ever. It's rarely changed during her tours because it's that legendary.

And I don't agree with what some of what Austin is saying..he's expressed his opinion about those routines before..it shouldn't come as a shock to anyone. Doesn't necessarily mean he is right.

It woulda been great to see the Control era, because thats probably my fav album

I just love the whole concept and the songs

woulda been great to see her launching her career

We know Austin says this stuff, but its just so stupid

I'm not denying that the era was massive, but I'm just saying it's overrated. There are certain eras were it lacks, and once again for fans to think its her magnum opus is complete lunacy. Just because she was popular? Please. :coffee: Just because she was sexy? Please. :coffee: Just because of a breakdown? Please. :coffee: As a consummate era, Control and RN1814 are the strongest. There's a reason why Control and RN1814 are held in a higher regard than janet. and TVR.

Well I think that era was so special becuz it was the first time it seemed even she grabbed NON FANS attention to some degree. The non fans liked something from that era. Whether it was the sexy image,the hair,the breakdown,TTWLG song...just something. You may not like the bitch or think she cant sing but it was something about that era that caught your attention and alot of it probably comes from ppl not expecting Janet to come back so "fresh and new". She went in a direction that no one anticipated.

It woulda been great to see the Control era, because thats probably my fav album

I just love the whole concept and the songs

woulda been great to see her launching her career

We know Austin says this stuff, but its just so stupid

That's what I meant by my original post. I was a product of seeing Janet when she became a star in her own right. The attitude, the videos, the music were on point. She became her own woman. And she got better with each release. She literally became an icon after RN.

POINT BLANK

I guarantee if a random poll was posted on some site asking whats Janet's best video/ most iconic routine ever.. "If" would come in with HUGE poll numbers. I wouldnt be surprised if it overtook RN to be honest. Fans and non fans simply loved that breakdown,PERIOD.

I use to get tired of all the dance groups doing the routine at talent shows.. :rolleyes:

I didn't hear much talk about TPP until this site to be honest :blink:

Its always been RN,then IF ..that breakdown STICKS in ppls head. Soon as they hear that Diana/Supremes sample kick in..ppl know whats bout to come and they go nuts cuz its always anticipated.

Actually it's RN, TPP then IF..

That's what I meant by my original post. I was a product of seeing Janet when she became a star in her own right. The attitude, the videos, the music were on point. She became her own woman. And she got better with each release. She literally became an icon after RN.

I know!

Was so good

woulda been great to see that evolution

I saw it with RN - janet etc, and i got into the control stuff later on

And that's why I think Austin doesn't see how much impact janet had, because he never lived it

of course it's not her best album

but it was the whole theme, and her being "janet" instead of "janet jackson". Her whole stand for independence (even tho she claimed that with Control, this was like Janet becoming a woman)

I'm not even sure people are aware that Control was nominated for Album of Year. That woulda been huge. Her first proper album, and its getting all that grammy buzz

and JJ/TL winning for their production

excited.gifexcited.gifexcited.gif

and the singles were really successful

exactly esp when they interview other entertainers they all bring up the if video.. pastor has spoken this blasphemy before yes...he needs to take a seat in the church basement :filenails:

PASTOR HAS LOST HIS MIND :o

exactly esp when they interview other entertainers they all bring up the if video.. pastor has spoken this blasphemy before yes...he needs to take a seat in the church basement :filenails:

time for a new pastor

Well I think that era was so special becuz it was the first time it seemed even she grabbed NON FANS attention to some degree. The non fans liked something from that era. Whether it was the sexy image,the hair,the breakdown,TTWLG song...just something. You may not like the bitch or think she cant sing but it was something about that era that caught your attention and alot of it probably comes from ppl not expecting Janet to come back so "fresh and new". She went in a direction that no one anticipated.

Again, I understand all that, but the janet. era lacks. Everything was PERFECT like during the RN1814 era. There isn't one flaw in that era.

If you're looking for full circle, janet. just isn't it.

Also, the same could be said about RN1814 and Control. Nobody expected Janet to be successful with Control. Hell even the critics were against her calling it a fluke and she STILL prevailed. And with RN1814 ppl didn't think she could do it but she made a moment in music. No female artist had completely dominated EVERYTHING like Janet did during the RN1814 era. The only other person that did it was Whitney with TBG.

POINT BLANK

I can guarantee you if I asked a few random ppl on Twitter, they will say RN is more memorable than If.

:coffee:

Archived