Confessions 2.0

Reyna ♔

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed. Or at least make it so we can change it more than once within the time period. I'm good with 3 within the month. I won't change it THAT often, but it's an excellent time window. :lol:

I think that's how it was on the old board. Sometimes it got out of hand :ph34r: *looks at Austin and Nuk*

Honey you need to learn to love yourself as you are. Surgery is a huge step. Try to explore other avenues such as therapy beforehand if you havent already done so.

My parents pulled me out of therapy when my therapist said to them that she got the feeling I'm bisexual. Which I am, but with their beliefs, that's the last thing they wanted to hear and they deny it to this day. If I go back to therapy, it'll be when I hit college, but I don't know if I can afford that myself. I just feel so confused. Every step forward I think I'm taking, I see I'm just going in a circle. Trapped. I don't know where I should go next. I just want to be sure of myself. I want a reduction surgery for sure so I can at least look more neutral. That I do know. But from there, I don't know where else to go.

You just need to be sure that you aren't channelling your issues surrounding sexuality into gender. Sometimes when people have lots of opposition to their sexuality internally and/or externally they find it easier to deal with if they use gender confusion as a reason - almost "I'm not actually gay/bi because inside I'm really the opposite sex". Obviously in real terms that's an even bigger adjustment to accept you were born into the wrong body, but sometimes inside it's easier to accept than being gay because it's asssumed that people can control their sexuality but nit their gender orientation.....I'm not saying that is the case with you but you need to be sure before you take any big steps :)

You just need to be sure that you aren't channelling your issues surrounding sexuality into gender. Sometimes when people have lots of opposition to their sexuality internally and/or externally they find it easier to deal with if they use gender confusion as a reason - almost "I'm not actually gay/bi because inside I'm really the opposite sex". Obviously in real terms that's an even bigger adjustment to accept you were born into the wrong body, but sometimes inside it's easier to accept than being gay because it's asssumed that people can control their sexuality but nit their gender orientation.....I'm not saying that is the case with you but you need to be sure before you take any big steps :)

I've never heard of that perspective before. I always thought and hear that it's the other way around to an extent. That some who are too nervous or scared when they are indeed trans to go through with a transition and so they remain in their born-gender. Neither of these cases are mine. I just feel stuck on a middle fence without anyway to tell which side I'm supposed to be on. I love and am attracted to both genders and happy of that. Plus I'm equally masculine and feminine in every way except for physical makeup. That's the only imbalance. And there's no such thing as an honest middle ground so I have no clue what to do anymore.

Because of the magnitude of this decision, I cannot stress how important it is that you are 100% sure this is what you want.

That's why I keep putting the full surgeries off. The only thing I know for sure, like I mentioned to Paul, is the reduction. This has to be the most confusing and enigmatic situation of my life and it's supposed to be the easiest.

That's why I keep putting the full surgeries off. The only thing I know for sure, like I mentioned to Paul, is the reduction. This has to be the most confusing and enigmatic situation of my life and it's supposed to be the easiest.

Decisions like these are never easy. For some it works out well; I've met a few who don't regret it and it was a tough journey for them; however, we can't forget the Mike Penner/Christine Daniels tragic story. I still remember that one very well.

Decisions like these are never easy. For some it works out well; I've met a few who don't regret it and it was a tough journey for them; however, we can't forget the Mike Penner/Christine Daniels tragic story. I still remember that one very well.

That was a story that scared and haunted so many. I included. I'm not rushing any decisions, but I just wish I knew exactly who I am. This is the biggest missing piece of the puzzle. I think instead of talking to more Trans-Males, I should talk to the more Androgynous crowd. They may relate to me a little better.

That was a story that scared and haunted so many. I included. I'm not rushing any decisions, but I just wish I knew exactly who I am. This is the biggest missing piece of the puzzle. I think instead of talking to more Trans-Males, I should talk to the more Androgynous crowd. They may relate to me a little better.

I think in a way you are still finding out who YOU are, and that in itself is a tough road. You're at a very odd age where you begin to grow into yourself and sometimes the physical changes make a huge impact on your mental state. If this was something that you seemed adamant about doing, I'd support you 100%, but your lack of certainty gives me pause to do so, which is why I think you should wait.

I think in a way you are still finding out who YOU are, and that in itself is a tough road. You're at a very odd age where you begin to grow into yourself and sometimes the physical changes make a huge impact on your mental state. If this was something that you seemed adamant about doing, I'd support you 100%, but your lack of certainty gives me pause to do so, which is why I think you should wait.

Alright. I'll be holding of on transitioning for a good while. Maybe back out if I'm lead there. It all depends on where I find myself and how I exactly "grow into me". In your own opinion, where do you feel I am? Gender-wise. Just for me to get an idea of what aura I'm presenting.

Alright. I'll be holding of on transitioning for a good while. Maybe back out if I'm lead there. It all depends on where I find myself and how I exactly "grow into me". In your own opinion, where do you feel I am? Gender-wise. Just for me to get an idea of what aura I'm presenting.

I'm not going to answer that :)

And I only say that, because you can't go by what others think; it's how you feel. At the end of the day, you have to live with yourself and how you feel is the most important.

I'm not going to answer that :)

And I only say that, because you can't go by what others think; it's how you feel. At the end of the day, you have to live with yourself and how you feel is the most important.

Okay :)

You made a great point. And I thank you for sharing it with me. I hope someday I'll understand all of this. Oh well, the journey continues.

hmmmm wow, i think this is a very big step for someone so young. If i were you i would wait until about 25ish.....i dont understand how u have money for these surgeries, but not enuff money for therapy :unsure:

i honestly think that u were made the way you were supposed to be made. if you became a man, would you still be bisexual, or would you just be gay? do you want to have children, or even give birth? I'm only 20 and when i was 17 i remembered thinking that i wanted 6 children, now i only want 2 :asham: ....i wanted to change sooo many things about myself, but in 3years i just grew to accept them.....

im not sure of the right way to articulate this, but i just think that u r letting society let u feel as if you were born in the wrong body. There is nothing wrong with being a woman and not fitting into the stereotype of being a woman. Especially now-a-days the gender lines have become soooo blurred it's perfectly fine to be a bisexual woman that has both "masculine" and "feminine" tendencies.

Anywho, i would give this a serious thought because it is a big step :) the most important thing is your happiness. I know @ 17, it seems like u may know everything or like u know what you really want, but ur taste is going to change every year. as you become older and learn more things, u might find that you start to feel differently.....u may also feel the same as you do now, but at least when u make that decision, you will have had years of thought (as a mature adult) put into this. :)

Archived