Janet Jackson Survivor: 20 Y.O. Edition

dimpy

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why have more people come out for this album than any of the others :umm:?

I wonder the same thing too, I mean personally I like it way more than Discipline, I think the quality of the songs and lyrics were much better than Discipline but thats my opinion, it is what it is, Im used to people dissing the album lol, I was used to it before Discipline came out. Damita Jo still kicks both of their asses lol.

Elimination Round:

Daybreak - 4

This Body - 7

Call on Me - 1

With U - 1

Show Me - 4

Get It Out Me - 2

Love 2 Love - 2

This Body has been eliminated.

Remaining Songs:

So Excited (feat. Khia)

Show Me

Get It Out Me

Do It 2 Me

With U

Call On Me (with Nelly)

Daybreak

Enjoy

Take Care

Love 2 Love

---

Daybreak

That song aint cutting it for me either

I ignored 20YO and Discipline filenails.gif

Funny thing for me is, I actually love (not even just "like") majority of the songs on 20 Y.O., but thats 1 I can honestly say I barely like. I still play it through every now & then, but it does nothin for me. As far as Discipline same thing goes for Greatest Ex, in my opinion undoubtably 1 of the most forgettable Janet songs in the last 25 yrs (same wit Whats your name, but I actually like that song, I digg it lol)

But I dont think I'll write out my greatest hits tracklisting because its unrealistic, theres way to many songs I'd pack into that and think of all the B-sides, remixes, alternates, and unreleased stuff........... a lil somethin about me, the odds of me not liking a Janet song is pretty low, it happens (as you see wit Love 2 Love & Greatest Ex), but not often, so my GH would be like 6 albums, at least

Funny thing for me is, I actually love (not even just "like") majority of the songs on 20 Y.O., but thats 1 I can honestly say I barely like. I still play it through every now & then, but it does nothin for me. As far as Discipline same thing goes for Greatest Ex, in my opinion undoubtably 1 of the most forgettable Janet songs in the last 25 yrs (same wit Whats your name, but I actually like that song, I digg it lol)

But I dont think I'll write out my greatest hits tracklisting because its unrealistic, theres way to many songs I'd pack into that and think of all the B-sides, remixes, alternates, and unreleased stuff........... a lil somethin about me, the odds of me not liking a Janet song is pretty low, it happens (as you see wit Love 2 Love & Greatest Ex), but not often, so my GH would be like 6 albums, at least

Oh yeh, thats true.... u full stan

im not like that with all Janet's music.. some I dont listen to

I only listen to 20copies sold when I'm bored

Same goes for Discipline, but I love Greatest Ex... its one of my fav songs. but thats whats ur name garbage will be the first one ill be voting off in the discipline survivor editionasham.gif

Oh yeh, thats true.... u full stan

im not like that with all Janet's music.. some I dont listen to

I only listen to 20copies sold when I'm bored

Same goes for Discipline, but I love Greatest Ex... its one of my fav songs. but thats whats ur name garbage will be the first one ill be voting off in the discipline survivor editionasham.gif

I consider myself a level headed stan, like I consider a dangerous stan 1 who forces themself to LOVE everything she does, who ,alters their likes and opinions and life to center around being a Janet fan, and has no interest in any other artist. Those folks scare the hell outta me LOL. But me, Janets my #1, but not my only 1, and I can be honest and critical with the stuff I didnt like, and with the stuff I do like I can say what would've made me like it more. But yea, I qualify as a stan I suppose lol, but I think Im more level headed than most

Most fans get on me because they say Im too "nice" about what I dont like, but shit I call it being respectfull, I can draw the line between constructive criticism, and just plain MEAN. like why I dont like Love 2 Love, it needs a UMPH too it, which the beat was giving ( I do love that beat) but I dont digg the singing and voice in it. And its funny like I tell people, that that song follows Take Care which I consider 1 of her best & sophisticated baby making songs ever.

I consider myself a level headed stan, like I consider a dangerous stan 1 who forces themself to LOVE everything she does, who ,alters their likes and opinions and life to center around being a Janet fan, and has no interest in any other artist. Those folks scare the hell outta me LOL. But me, Janets my #1, but not my only 1, and I can be honest and critical with the stuff I didnt like, and with the stuff I do like I can say what would've made me like it more. But yea, I qualify as a stan I suppose lol, but I think Im more level headed than most

Most fans get on me because they say Im too "nice" about what I dont like, but shit I call it being respectfull, I can draw the line between constructive criticism, and just plain MEAN. like why I dont like Love 2 Love, it needs a UMPH too it, which the beat was giving ( I do love that beat) but I dont digg the singing and voice in it. And its funny like I tell people, that that song follows Take Care which I consider 1 of her best & sophisticated baby making songs ever.

So ur not Twistedvelvet? asham.gif

Fuck what everyone else says... just do wateva u want

I like Take Care, but I don't think it's on par with her best work

It's just a standout from that album

Btw Sorry if I offended u.. didnt really mean it that way... im just lazy when I type... what I meant to say was that "ur a huge Janet fan, and probably would have a huge list of a gh setlist"... im lazy pinch988.gif

So ur not Twistedvelvet? asham.gif

Fuck what everyone else says... just do wateva u want

I like Take Care, but I don't think it's on par with her best work

It's just a standout from that album

Btw Sorry if I offended u.. didnt really mean it that way... im just lazy when I type... what I meant to say was that "ur a huge Janet fan, and probably would have a huge list of a gh setlist"... im lazy pinch988.gif

Oh no need to apologize, its a name that for me can go either way, depends on how its said and I knew you didnt mean anything mean by it, no harm here lol, we cool.

And your right, thats exactly how I am wit everything, fuck what everyone else thinks, if its "hott" or not, or a success or a flop, if I like or love it thats all that matters to me lol BINGO!!!

Oh no need to apologize, its a name that for me can go either way, depends on how its said and I knew you didnt mean anything mean by it, no harm here lol, we cool.

And your right, thats exactly how I am wit everything, fuck what everyone else thinks, if its "hott" or not, or a success or a flop, if I like or love it thats all that matters to me lol BINGO!!!

yep.gifyep.gifyep.gifyep.gif

Altho i must admit, sometimes i hate reading people's opinion on things

its like i wish i hadn't read it

so while i say "fuck what everyone else thinks...do wateva u want", i dont always like what they come up with

yep.gifyep.gifyep.gifyep.gif

Altho i must admit, sometimes i hate reading people's opinion on things

its like i wish i hadn't read it

so while i say "fuck what everyone else thinks...do wateva u want", i dont always like what they come up with

LOL I feel you, hell its hard not to always go wit the flow myself. Hell but I learned I cant trust other people (even the top name critics) 100% wit the reviews and opinions on everything. But still its hard being that 1 person out of 20 that hates something that everyone else thinks is so amazing, or vice versa, love something most of the people dont,in my case right now 20 Y.O. lol, like I know my priorities wit this album, I'd NEVER put it next to the holy 4 (control, RN, janet., & TVR) but I will say I thought it was one of the better albums of 2006 that I heard/had, but good lawd Im not foolish enough to say it was even half of Janets best (well Enjoy, Take care, Roll Witchu, & Do it to me I LOVE like they were from other eras, but the rest, I like em, but I know betta)

Archived