if u had 100K to just spend

lexus97

[quote name=Selita Jo ^_^' timestamp='1316537732' post='239604]

I'd put down a decent deposit for a mortgage. Probably sounds boring to a lot of you but I'd never get another chance like that and I'd kick myself for the rest of my life.

That's exactly what I said :lmao:! It must be a UK thing having to pay for the mortgage and not the actual house :lol:

LMAO totally :lmao: 100k would buy you nothing.. maybe a crappy little self-contained flat

I tried to put down 10k for a mortgage in 2004/5 and the most Northern Rock would have loaned me was £76k. That might buy me an outbuilding :mellow:

[quote name=Selita Jo ^_^' timestamp='1316551767' post='239731]

LMAO totally :lmao: 100k would buy you nothing.. maybe a crappy little self-contained flat

I tried to put down 10k for a mortgage in 2004/5 and the most Northern Rock would have loaned me was £76k. That might buy me an outbuilding :mellow:

what would you buy and how fast do you think you could spend it?

oh and you cant pay any bills with it :thumbup:

i would probably sell my house and get another one :thumbup:

take all my family on a vacation to my country to meet all my family!

well let's see back in 2008 I took a 100k buyout from Chrysler, after taxes it was 65k take home and I spent it within a year. Yea I said the real what :filenails:

however I did take a few trips, buy lots of designer shit, paid a lot of bills off, and today I have only student loan debt so I made some good decisions, some really bad ones, and some okay ones. I learned that money goes faster than it comes and anyone that gets a huge lump sum should have a financial adviser on hand to look over their finances and make sure they invest, had I bought Apple stock at the time as I considered I would have bought 5k of Apple in Nov. 2008 it was selling around 84 bucks a share today apple sells at 413 dollars a share, so my investment of 5k in 2008 would be worth around 25k now. :filenails:

Archived