Do You Have or Will You Get a Janet-Inspired Tattoo?

Reyna ♔

Out of the 8 I plan to get, she has influence in 3 of them.

My Upperback: There's ALOT to tell about the whole idea of this one. But I'll spare all the details and get to the Janet part. On half of the tattoo there's a bit I call "18 points in 18 years". This section features the 18 most important quotes from well-known people who have impacted my life the most. I couldn't just choose one from my wife, so I combined two and will have this from her:

"We need to remember that love lies deep in ourselves. We have to want it so it starts with us and no one else. We must learn we're all born with specialness inside of us, 'cause I have the need to feel real special, too. I am me, the true me; you are you, the true you—and that’s good. That’s beautiful. That’s enough."

It's the first one to start the 18. Michael's is next.

(If you wanna know all the details just tell me. I don't mind posting them. For any of the tattoos lol)

My MidBack: This one will be kinda small/medium sized. It'll be a key ring shaped like a heart and the keys will have symbols at the top. In the center of the ring it will say "With these, I opened the door..." (story behind that) and the symbols I will have will be, you guessed it, the Sankofa symbol, and also the Leo symbol that looks like this: 261045_589464334_7185443_n.jpg, the Ankh(Egyptian), and the Greek symbol for Athena-the owl

My Left Wrist:This is mainly to honor mi abuela, but Janet is featured here since she was both of our favorites. If there was anything that she felt she needed to instill in me, it was the idea of love. Love can be found no matter where it is or who it's between, it is a source of your greatest strength, it will always be(no matter how bleak) the way to unite the world. At the stop, I will have a white rose and a rainbow going through it with the last words she said to me before we broke out into one of Janet's songs. "Te amo sin saber cómo, ni cuándo, ni de dónde. " meaning "I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where." Beneath that, I will have the chorus of "Together Again", the last song we sang together. "Everywhere I go. Every smile I see. I know you are there smilin' back at me. Dancin' in moonlight, I know you are free cuz' I can see your star shinin' down on me."

I wanna get a tattoo just for Janet and I wanna get one just for Michael,too, but Idk where or of what. So that's still marked in undecided territory.

What about you guys?

I kinda wanted this tat on my back like hers some years ago

janet-jackson-tattoo.jpg

But I could never tell what the hell it was >_<

"Zulu has also tattooed a Borneo-style scorpion design on the small of her back. The Japanese kanji he tattooed on the back of her neck is sometimes described as symbolizing balance and continuity and sometimes as friendship. She shares this kanji tattoo with two of her best friends who work with her as dancers."

Source: http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art9699.asp :lol:

Thank ya ma'am :thumbup:

No problem :thumbup:

I've just heard stories about people who have gotten tattoos, and regretted getting them thereafter.

Ohhh okay. That's understandable. I've been working on mine for a good 7-8 years, making sure they were exactly what I wanted and that they all applied to me. Even/Especially the Sankofa. It's been a key for me ever since I learned what it meant. And strongly applies to what I have learned in my own life.

Archived