Best/Worst childhood memory

CalQuin

Best- Anything with my grandparents really. From papou teaching me all about the Greek myths and legends; how to ride horses; how to hunt (via bow and arrow); helping me learn English via Shakespeare, Michael and Janet; plus our fascination with Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan. My jadd teaching me about sciences like Astronomy and Biology, reading with me all the time helping me gain wisdom. I learn so much from him in only 5 years. My thakur-ma teaching me how to dance and how to cook. Her showing me how to wear sarees and just the talks we had. I learned so much about children from her as well, she's the reason I want to be a mother. And also my abuela for showing me how to dance as well. Letting me practice debating with her, she taught me strength. I also learned about writing from her. Plus, she showed me how to control my perfectionism and expound on my creativity. She was a Leo like I was. I miss them all so very very much. But I am so glad and proud of all they gave to me not to mention going to the places of their births and other places they fancied. I dream of moving to Ireland or Greece. But Spain and India are just as lovely. Egypt is too hot, and Puerto Rico is still a part of the Sates even if it isn't a state lol.

Worst- Anything with my mother...and watching my father go from being my dad to being my preacher.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4XXztVuczU

The worst: I was maybe 10, and I was at church. I forgot what the priest was talking about, but he picked me out of crowd and asked me a question. I dont remember if I didnt know the answer or didnt understand it, well he said something about YOU NEED TO CLEAN YOUR EARS AND GET THE SPIDERWEBS OUT! Everyone sitting in the church turned around and started laughing at me...over 200 people. I giggled in return, but that shit never left me. Because of that I cant stand to give speeches or have a lot of people look at me and stuff.

Worst Memory: Being teased in school. But I have the last laugh now. :D

Best Memory: Travels!! My favorite trips were in 1996, spending the summer in Jamaica, a road trip to New York for Winter Break and a 1997 summer trip to California.

Worst memory: Middle school (especially 7th grade) - We'd exchange insults and it brought out the worst in me but even though we used to be "enemies," we eventually set aside our differences and were on good terms by high school. B)

Best memory: I can't pick one. Traveling cross country with family; listening to the radio and watching TV when they were still good; swimming on Saturdays, having pizza afterwards, then coming home to watch "All That" - memories. :blush: Actually, I'd say my best memory was my trip to Kenya in 2000... I got to meet much of my father's side of the family for the first time, and the safaris were amazing!

Best - I don't have a best but I have several good ones. I miss hanging with my cousins to be honest...the way we'd sneak out the house and go on little adventures and stuff like we're the power rangers or fantastic four or somehting :lol:. I miss my grandma :tear:.

Worst - the worst was actually blocked out of my life since the day it happened until a few months ago. I had a lousy time in school too.

Best: Summer after my 7th grade school year :w00t: Perfect group of friends. Endless hangouts, never ending drama, memories discussed TO THIS DAY! Looking back, I can honestly say it was the best time of my life thus far :wub: ANNNND, listening to music in the 90's and early 00's :wub: :wub: :wub: best music in life :blush:

Worst: Probably 9th & part of 10th grade. On the outside I was popular, well liked, and respected...but on the inside I was depressed, bored of life, and hated my school and most of the people in it. I never discussed it with any family, friends, or teachers/counselors because I didn't know what to say or what the source of my issues were. It was something I dealt with on my own, and I'm very very proud of myself for doing so. Any problem I face, I know I'm my best counselor, I've been able to face and overcome anything I'm dealing with within on my own. So I guess my "worst" memory birthed one of my best qualities in life. Pretty cool B)

Archived