"For Janet, The Jacksons Are No Laughing Matter"

bu.

Sorry if already posted...

OCTOBER 13--Janet Jackson’s performance contract stipulates that, if she’s appearing on a bill with a comedian, the comic will be barred from making any reference to the singer or members of “the Jackson family.”

The outlawing of jokes about the Jacksons (read: Michael’s relationship with boys; propofol; rhinoplasty; Janet’s weight; wardrobe malfunctions; Blanket; and Jermajesty) is one of several “special provisions” in the chart-topping singer’s performance contract, a copy of which was obtained by TSG.

Noting that “the privacy of Janet Jackson and her family…is highly valued,” the contract advises promoters that all details about the star and her relatives “shall be deemed to be confidential and secret.” The document refers to the Jacksons as “Protected Persons.”

This confidential information, Jackson notes, includes information about her compensation. The 45-year-old singer, in the midst of a world tour that brings her to Australia next week, was paid a minimum guarantee of $475,000 for a recent U.S. show, according to contract records.

That figure could increase based on box office receipts, of which Jackson earns a large share beyond a stipulated gross. Additionally, promoters are required to reimburse Jackson $25,000 for “sound & lights,” which she supplies for gigs.

The tour rider for Jackson’s “Number Ones, Up Close and Person World Tour 20011” lists the items that the performer wants in her “Star Dressing Room.” Along with unscented candles (“3” to 4” in diamter”) and “Votivo Red Currant scent candles, Jackson requires an arrangement of “cut white tulips.” If not available, she asks for white gardenias or white roses. In the absence of those substitutes, “arrangement should be a variety of whites nicely put together. Any substitutions to be approved by production.”

While Jackson’s personal assistant will “coordinate” her meals, according to the rider, promoters have to stock her dressing room with an assortment of fruit and beverages (though no alcohol). Jackson enjoys Orbit chewing gum, “Gaterdade,” assorted Crystal Lite drink mixes, and organic creamy peanut butter. (3 pages)

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/celebrity/janet-jackson-tour-rider-985423

You go diva! :thumbup: You gotta make demands otherwise there'd be nothing in the room lol.

This is what I love about Janet...she has NO awkward demands at all :lol:. It reinforces what Jonathon Ross said so many years ago.

Lol it aint 1993 no more...you need to get your ass up and promote lol..competitions...radio give aways ...etc..

That's probably what they did. But all the promo has been minimal. When she came to DC, I didn't see any posters up around town or anything. :umm:

That's probably what they did. But all the promo has been minimal. When she came to DC, I didn't see any posters up around town or anything. :umm:

Well you know at least we can say..okay she is playing small venues so she doesn't want to invest a lot of energy in prom.

But if theres a next tour...and if its going to be bigger venues ..her team needs to go all out

Well you know at least we can say..okay she is playing small venues so she doesn't want to invest a lot of energy in prom.

But if theres a next tour...and if its going to be bigger venues ..her team needs to go all out

I'd rather she stay with the theatre shows. I had a good seat for only $150. Plus, it's better for everyone, cuz regardless of where you sit, you have a decent seat.

I'd rather she stay with the theatre shows. I had a good seat for only $150. Plus, it's better for everyone, cuz regardless of where you sit, you have a decent seat.

i know its better for everybody cos the get to see her close etc..but for markets that she has an incredible demand..like hawai...Japan ... southfrica .. asia.. doing little theatre shows will just be unnecessary over working when she can probably ..do one arena date instead of several dates

i know its better for everybody cos the get to see her close etc..but for markets that she has an incredible demand..like hawai...Japan ... southfrica .. asia.. doing little theatre shows will just be unnecessary over working when she can probably ..do one arena date instead of several dates

Those markets should have a stadium if the demand is high enough.

Those markets should have a stadium if the demand is high enough.

Agreed ..for some reason i feel like even though janet has not been really huge in brazil ...she can sell out a stadium there...obviously it has be months ahead and tons of promo..but i think its possible

Archived