Come In here....and live it.....

Bailey

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what performers dream of as far as their ultimate way of performing while on tour and it takes artists a couple of tours to get it right......well Janet set it right her first time and this concert which is still the highest debut concert ever is pure raw talent and Janet's performance from the first Control segment to the new segment of Rhythm Nation was an amazing choice on her part. It was like watching 2 concerts....the first part was all Control and the choreography was "snap" to the ho; Janet came out claiming her right to act like the baddest bitch because she certainly was and the choreography sealed it! It was street funk with modern stabs that were sharp and had the crowd standing dancing and yelling out in awe at what they were witnessing.

Then of course the R.N. segment started and we had no idea how much further Janet would take the choreography to. State of the World and The Knowledge were pure brilliance no one had seen the fusion of Janet's personal groove(that leg never stopped shaking) intertwined with the awe inspiring choreography ! Janet sweated her ass away and I got to see her finally after a year of her touring and making it to L.A. so by that time Janet had shed that baby fat away and it was amazing to see how beautiful she is an entertainer and person and as a woman. The bitch owned that whole era that spanned a little over 3 years. My one gripe......if only she had sung "Lonely"! I love the intro so much too.....the audience couldn't take it especially once the spotlight hit her and all you could see was her silhouette and then the white screen starting to slowly disappear.....forget it my ears were bleeding! Definitely one of my favorite concerts of all time of any artist.

Absolutely love this tour. One of my favorites ever by ANY artist. My favourite performance of Come Back To Me too.

:cheers:

This tour is my fave live version of Come back to me (more than anything), Nasty, Pleasure Principle (#1's is 2nd for that), WHYDFML, & Rhythm Nation.

That performance of State of the World & Black cat was amazing too

But Come back to me........there just so much soul there, and I love all the ad libs and the note holding and smooth richness of her voice, in fact Ima play that when I go to sleep tonight

But yea I've been listening to this tour's audio for like 2 weeks now, I love it (she really should've made this a live album, but Im glad we can do it ourselves now, but if she made it a live album she coulda released more singles)

B);)

After reading a lot of articles from that era, you get an idea of how much further ahead she was in her career than what people give her credit for. Her name and work wasn't just being likened and akin-ed to ppl like MJ and Madonna, she was actually placed in those ranks as an artist and performer. It's such a shame all of this gets overlooked. <_<

After reading a lot of articles from that era, you get an idea of how much further ahead she was in her career than what people give her credit for. Her name and work wasn't just being likened and akin-ed to ppl like MJ and Madonna, she was actually placed in those ranks as an artist and performer. It's such a shame all of this gets overlooked. <_<

Chile, Janet was on par with Michael, Madonna, and Prince. Once RN dropped, I didn't care for any of those people. Janet had the image, the music, the videos. EVERYTHING. Girls were dressing like her and her music was played EVERYWHERE. Janet snatched all her contemporaries wigs during RN. That's why it's arguably her most iconic era.

Ahhhh..the memories..I swear my cousin thought she was Janet wearing all black.. :rolleyes: Bitch. <_<

Chile, Janet was on par with Michael, Madonna, and Prince. Once RN dropped, I didn't care for any of those people. Janet had the image, the music, the videos. EVERYTHING. Girls were dressing like her and her music was played EVERYWHERE. Janet snatched all her contemporaries wigs during RN. That's why it's arguably her most iconic era.

Ahhhh..the memories..I swear my cousin thought she was Janet wearing all black.. :rolleyes: Bitch. <_<

RN1814 CAME OUT with wigs in tow. 1.8 million in 4 weeks. 7 million by Dec. 1989. I wish I had kept all the articles I read, but I can still find them if need be. And KII @ Control being the second best female album of the 80s per RS. :whistle:

I remember when I first saw "Runaway". I went outside and jumped off the roof of the house onto a mattress. Couldn't tell me shit. :coffee:

RN1814 CAME OUT with wigs in tow. 1.8 million in 4 weeks. 7 million by Dec. 1989. I wish I had kept all the articles I read, but I can still find them if need be. And KII @ Control being the second best female album of the 80s per RS. :whistle:

I remember when I first saw "Runaway". I went outside and jumped off the roof of the house onto a mattress. Couldn't tell me shit. :coffee:

I love how her albums didn't debut at number 1 but climbed to the summit. :excited: I wasn't a chart whore then, but I remember her collecting those platinum plaques. :thumbup: Oooo..what was the first one? :unsure: Probably Magdalene. :rolleyes:

:lmao::lmao::lmao: Chile, stop. :lmao:

I love how her albums didn't debut at number 1 but climbed to the summit. :excited: I wasn't a chart whore then, but I remember her collecting those platinum plaques. :thumbup: Oooo..what was the first one? :unsure: Probably Magdalene. :rolleyes:

:lmao::lmao::lmao: Chile, stop. :lmao:

Debuted at #28, and went to #1 in three weeks. Then sat in the top 10 from October 1989 to June 1990. :filenails:

No :lmao:Control outranked ALL of Madonna's 80s albums. :lol: I think it was Tracy Chapman's album. I would have to check, but I'm pretty sure of it.

You couldn't tell me I wasn't Janet. :filenails:

Debuted at #28, and went to #1 in three weeks. Then sat in the top 10 from October 1989 to June 1990. :filenails: No :lmao:Control outranked ALL of Madonna's 80s albums. :lol: I think it was Tracy Chapman's album. I would have to check, but I'm pretty sure of it.

You couldn't tell me I wasn't Janet. :filenails:

Damn, that's kind of similar to how her Janet. album was.. :asham: I think I started getting into charts when TVR came out. All I know is that Janet was snatching wigs throughout the 80's and 90's..with stiff competition.

Oh shit! :o I need that article.. :lmao: I'm sure some people were rattled by that.. :lmao:

it really is a shame. people tend to forget about how much of a FORCE that she was, but it is up to us to continue to spread her gospel. -_-

Archived