Somebody Couldn't Afford Nicki Minaj

TwistedElegance™

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I forgot you're attracted to the flavor-of-the-month gimmicks. :lol:

*buzzer*

If Kim was as legendary as she thinks she is, she wouldn't need to shout from the mountain tops that Nicki stole her style. It's really sad, desperate, and what makes it moreso is Kim doing shit like this. It's funny. I'm not a Nicki stan, I enjoy her, but Kim fans really seem to be bothered by Nicki, as does Kim herself.

I think it does. :dance: Infact, considering her and Pink Friday's current situation, I'm sure many agree. :excited:

They know who they are... :whistle:

I'm not saying it's irrelevant, I'm asking where the punchline is. If inserting the word "flop" onto her album cover is it I'm going to be severely disappointed after wasting this much time looking for it.

Avoidance? That's boring.

*buzzer*

If Kim was as legendary as she thinks she is, she wouldn't need to shout from the mountain tops that Nicki stole her style. It's really sad, desperate, and what makes it moreso is Kim doing shit like this. It's funny. I'm not a Nicki stan, I enjoy her, but Kim fans really seem to be bothered by Nicki, as does Kim herself.

What's even more sad is Nicki claiming to be so unbothered by Kim but she's using the "beef" for publicity. Kim stopped talking about it back in March but Nicki releases 'Roman's Revenge' and what did she expect? Kim to sit back and play it off? :lol:

What's even more sad is Nicki claiming to be so unbothered by Kim but she's using the "beef" for publicity. Kim stopped talking about it back in March but Nicki releases 'Monster' and what did she expect? Kim to sit back and play it off? :lol:

Kim doesn't do that..even with Biggie..

What's even more sad is Nicki claiming to be so unbothered by Kim but she's using the "beef" for publicity. Kim stopped talking about it back in March but Nicki releases 'Monster' and what did she expect? Kim to sit back and play it off? :lol:

The beef is good publicity for both women, and Nicki has been talking about eating rap bitches since she started. There are jabs in there but not every single thing is about Little Kimberly.

I just think it's silly what Kim fans say Kim has ownership of. Colored wigs and Barbie? Like I said, she didn't invent either and she didn't put her stamp on either. It's not like she was saying anything profound by using the Barbie image. Black Barbie is... a thing, it's a toy, it's not a concept Kim invented. It's a sexy black icon, that's it. It's like saying anyone who make a reference to Marilyn Monroe is stealing from the Material Girl video.

I'm not saying it's irrelevant, I'm asking where the punchline is. If inserting the word "flop" onto her album cover is it I'm going to be severely disappointed after wasting this much time looking for it.

Avoidance? That's boring.

:lmao: @ at you analyzing a pic of Flop Friday trying to find the punchline.

Not avoiding, simply stating the individuals I'm speaking of know who they are. :whistle:

992s81.jpg:dance:

This is an example of you being an opportunist btw :coffee:

Nope. ^_^

The beef is good publicity for both women, and Nicki has been talking about eating rap bitches since she started. There are jabs in there but not every single thing is about Little Kimberly.

I just think it's silly what Kim fans say Kim has ownership of. Colored wigs and Barbie? Like I said, she didn't invent either and she didn't put her stamp on either. It's not like she was saying anything profound by using the Barbie image. Black Barbie is... a thing, it's a toy, it's not a concept Kim invented. It's a sexy black icon, that's it. It's like saying anyone who make a reference to Marilyn Monroe is stealing from the Material Girl video.

Ok, if Nick has takin jabs at other rap bitches why is she always chickening out when asked about them in interviews? The main thing is Kim stopped talking about it back in Spring but Nick is the one that brought it back into light to promote her album.

Kim does have ownership to Nicki's whole image. No one's saying Kim invented those synthetic colored wigs and the Mattel barbies. Kim is the one that first did the whole 'Black barbie' look. Case closed. It's evident in the pics and in everything Nicki wears. Oh and that Marilyn Monroe/Material analogy wasn't a good example. Madonna was paying HOMAGE to Marilyn Monroe with that video. Nicki just straight up took Kim's whole style. Case closed.

:lmao: @ at you analyzing a pic of Flop Friday trying to find the punchline.

Not avoiding, simply stating the individuals I'm speaking of know who they are. :whistle:

992s81.jpg:dance:

Nope. ^_^

Nonsensical and unfunny? Well, if I didn't know any better I'd think you wrote jokes for a living. :w00t: There's fail #1.

Bullshit. You were trying to say the Nicki fans hadn't addressed her second week sales when Roc and I both posted in that thread. And if you come back with some crack that I'm assuming it's because you left me no choice. That's fail #2.

No. 3 is that gif. :coffee:

Ok, if Nick has takin jabs at other rap bitches why is she always chickening out when asked about them in interviews? The main thing is Kim stopped talking about it back in Spring but Nick is the one that brought it back into light to promote her album.

Kim does have ownership to Nicki's whole image. No one's saying Kim invented those synthetic colored wigs and the Mattel barbies. Kim is the one that first did the whole 'Black barbie' look. Case closed. It's evident in the pics and in everything Nicki wears. Oh and that Marilyn Monroe/Material analogy wasn't a good example. Madonna was paying HOMAGE to Marilyn Monroe with that video. Nicki just straight up took Kim's whole style. Case closed.

dazed053.gif I don't know or care :lol: It's alllll for promotion and publicity.

Because she's the only black woman most people can think of to wear that sort of thing? Colored wigs and outrageous outfits didn't begin with Kim. I can see the comparison, but Kim got it from somewhere too and she didn't start out like that either. No, the point is that Kim was using a known icon the way Madonna was. So by Nicki using Barbie as well, she's not taking from Kim, the same way if a person references Monroe they're not taking from Madonna.

Nonsensical and unfunny? Well, if I didn't know any better I'd think you wrote jokes for a living. :w00t: There's fail #1.

Bullshit. You were trying to say the Nicki fans hadn't addressed her second week sales when Roc and I both posted in that thread. And if you come back with some crack that I'm assuming it's because you left me no choice. That's fail #2.

No. 3 is that gif. :coffee:

Would fail #4 be Flop Friday? :unsure:

The jokes just write themselves... :excited::lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

dazed053.gif I don't know or care :lol: It's alllll for promotion and publicity.

Because she's the only black woman most people can think of to wear that sort of thing? Colored wigs and outrageous outfits didn't begin with Kim. I can see the comparison, but Kim got it from somewhere too and she didn't start out like that either. No, the point is that Kim was using a known icon the way Madonna was. So by Nicki using Barbie as well, she's not taking from Kim, the same way if a person references Monroe they're not taking from Madonna.

Kim is well-known for showing up to events with random ass shit on and a matted colored wig :lol: Everyone knows this. Now what inspired her? Idk, she has said before that Janet and MJ are her influences but I don't recall either doing wearing any of the outrageous things Kim has. Also I'm still not seeing the correlation with the Marilyn/Madonna analogy. Yes, Madonna was influenced by Marilyn but she also created an image to where people can identify her as Madonna not the Marilyn Monroe clone. Nicki is taking from Kim so I don't know how you can even deny that :mellow: She's really just a Kim clone.

Kim is well-known for showing up to events with random ass shit on and a matted colored wig :lol: Everyone knows this. Now what inspired her? Idk, she has said before that Janet and MJ are her influences but I don't recall either doing wearing any of the outrageous things Kim has. Also I'm still not seeing the correlation with the Marilyn/Madonna analogy. Yes, Madonna was influenced by Marilyn but she also created an image to where people can identify her as Madonna not the Marilyn Monroe clone. Nicki is taking from Kim so I don't know how you can even deny that :mellow: She's really just a Kim clone.

There are numerous people who have done it. Christina Aguilera showed up to events wearing crazy shit too, but she was never compared to Kim. I think when it comes to Nicki and Kim, it comes down to race and the fact that they're both female rappers. It's an easier comparison to make. I'm not saying Marilyn is to Madonna as Kim is to Nicki, I'm saying Marilyn is to Madonna as Barbie is to Kim/Nicki... Both Marilyn and Barbie are established icons, Madonna and Kim used them in their image very blatantly, but they don't have ownership of it. Anyone can come along and reference Monroe or Barbie.