Somebody Couldn't Afford Nicki Minaj

TwistedElegance™

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are numerous people who have done it. Christina Aguilera showed up to events wearing crazy shit too, but she was never compared to Kim. I think when it comes to Nicki and Kim, it comes down to race and the fact that they're both female rappers. It's an easier comparison to make. I'm not saying Marilyn is to Madonna as Kim is to Nicki, I'm saying Marilyn is to Madonna as Barbie is to Kim/Nicki... Both Marilyn and Barbie are established icons, Madonna and Kim used them in their image very blatantly, but they don't have ownership of it. Anyone can come along and reference Monroe or Barbie.

Because Christina didn't wear anything Kim influenced. :lol: Just look at the pic I posted of Nicki at her birthday party. It's not just the whole Barbie image she took. She blatantly took Kim's whole style. It's evident. I don't think it just comes down to race and female rappers. It comes down to having a set of eyes and seeing that Nicki is indeed doing nothing but rehashing Kim's style.

Because Christina didn't wear anything Kim influenced. :lol: Just look at the pic I posted of Nicki at her birthday party. It's not just the whole Barbie image she took. She blatantly took Kim's whole style. It's evident. I don't think it just comes down to race and female rappers. It comes down to having a set of eyes and seeing that Nicki is indeed doing nothing but rehashing Kim's style.

Nicki wasn't thinking about Kim when she put together that outfit, if anything she was thinking of Gaga.