Official Unsung thread

jarrylf

The word "tension" is stuck in my head after watching the Shalamar episode. :jerry:

IKR, WOOOO no reunion in the near future, Jody obviously wants/needs some kind of apology, Howard clearly dont seem to think he owes anyone 1, and Jeffery could give 2 fucks either way lol.

how many have you seen now? (the Shalamar 1 is 1 of my faves, that got me HOOKED on their music)

• 2 weeks later...

I think this show really gives insight on how segregated that industry was in the 80s and how artist struggled in cross over after the fall of disco.

I agree completely, its so sad/stupid that the label didnt want to promote her more on pop, when she was starting to get recognition over there, all she needed was that boost, and they didnt give her that.

I also LOVED how they showed her watching her old videos and cracking up and revealing all that stuff

And she could dance when she was big, she got down in that video lol.

IKR, WOOOO no reunion in the near future, Jody obviously wants/needs some kind of apology, Howard clearly dont seem to think he owes anyone 1, and Jeffery could give 2 fucks either way lol.

how many have you seen now? (the Shalamar 1 is 1 of my faves, that got me HOOKED on their music)

To be honest, Jody doesn't need a reunion. Her solo career was bigger than the success of shalamar. She can and does tour on her own name recognition. Howard can not. :umm:

His ego was so huge when they were in that group and now he needs her.

To be honest, Jody doesn't need a reunion. Her solo career was bigger than the success of shalamar. She can and does tour on her own name recognition. Howard can not. :umm:

His ego was so huge when they were in that group and now he needs her.

My thoughts exactly, her career has completely overshadowed the group, more than Howard or Jeffery. And yea somebody shoulda been putting his ass in check back in them early 80's. The sad truth is he was right that they were heading in a position to be MEGA, but I dont think he sees how ultimately it was his bullshit that got on Jeffery & Jody's nerves, hell maybe he does but he couldnt admit it for the cameras.

A reunion would be somethin to see, but Im honestly doubting it'll happen, cause Jody really seems like shes fine with it never happening, same with Jeffery, Howards the 1 dying for 1, and even if he did go out of his way to try to make up to them for any hard feelings....they both just dont seem interested in trying to relive that.

• 2 weeks later...

Atlantic Starr is next week. Didn't really care about Bobby Womack so didn't even bother.

I'll end up watching for 2 reasons, 1 too say that I've seen every episode, 2 like I said I do try to pull something from every episode to walk away with. But I'll DEFINITELY be watching Atlantic Starr's episode next monday.

I liked the Atlantic Starr episode, but I was under the impression that they had worked with Jimmy and Terry? i was surprised that they were not interviewed in that episode. Unless Jimmy and Terry didn't work with them and i got it confused?

• 4 weeks later...

That was a GREAT one, 1 of my faves. I love Millie lol. Full Forces was ALOT better than I thought theirs would be, I did NOT know they wrote songs (HIT's) for The Backstreet Boys, N'Sync, Christina, & Britney.

I liked Millie's so much. I laughed and learned a lot, an Unsung with a happy and triumphant ending!

Didn't realize Full Force has one. I'm definitely going to check that out tonight!