On Average How Many Years do Most gays stay together?

Bailey

I have seen 10 year "fuck buddies"/best friends, but after about 1.5 years you both are over the sex, so something else has to be there to keep it going, I have seen that most gay dudes be together for about 2-3 years after that its all familiarity so they stay together.

I have seen 10 year "fuck buddies"/best friends, but after about 1.5 years you both are over the sex, so something else has to be there to keep it going, I have seen that most gay dudes be together for about 2-3 years after that its all familiarity so they stay together.

I think its like any other relationship really. I have friends that have been together for a decade and they have 3 adopted kids now. They are totally "that" family. I look at them and it pisses me off when I see all these politicians acting like gays cant or shouldnt raise kids. They are just so sweet and the kids are so cute, they totally love them.

I don't know about their sex life really anymore but they are super happy together and they totally work as a couple and I wouldnt imagine theres any sideline hoin or anything.

Another friend of mine just bought a house with his bf that hes been seeing for a few years now. And another is planning a trip to NY and are getting married soon. I strangely have alot of stable gay friends now. I still have the single ones of course that are in some looser relationships. But, it really is like straight peoples relationships. They break up and cheat, and have families too.

I dont think we can actually put a number on it but it seems to be alot less than str8 couples OVERALL. I mean the dynamic is different because you have TWO males...so I can understand why the ODDS are against gay couples more..lets face it,we're cut from a different cloth than women.

I've been in 2 long term relationships.

The problem for many is that once the excitement goes and you get comfortable, after a few years things can get stale. In a straight couple, this is the point that marriage, kids would be considered/had, which takes the relationship into a new phase. Traditionally gay people couldn't have this.

As things change I think we will see a lot more long term gay relationships because gay people can now progress through the 'natural' stages of a relationship - marriage (nearly!), kids, and plus a lot more gay couples are close to each others families so that in itself strengthens the foundations of the relationship.

I've been in 2 long term relationships.

The problem for many is that once the excitement goes and you get comfortable, after a few years things can get stale. In a straight couple, this is the point that marriage, kids would be considered/had, which takes the relationship into a new phase. Traditionally gay people couldn't have this.

As things change I think we will see a lot more long term gay relationships because gay people can now progress through the 'natural' stages of a relationship - marriage (nearly!), kids, and plus a lot more gay couples are close to each others families so that in itself strengthens the foundations of the relationship.

so eloquently spoken I expected nothing less from you Paul... I also want to thank all those here that replied to my thread sometimes it's nice to just hear what others have to say or what their experiences were. My ex he seems to go no longer than 2-3 years every last relationship no matter the guy give it about 2 years or so and it's about done. I think whether or not you want kids matters, if your with a guy and no kids or he doesn't want them that also decreases the stability factor. My fuck bud Scott and his BF actually have a kid, I guess according to Scott he adopted a kid that a distant relative did not want, and the kid is so cute....so as you can tell I want kids, but I wonder if I could be a good enough parent.

the longest I have had was 1 year and a half, that half was really tough on us both. The second two were a little over 6 months, aside from that nothing else that lasts that long, plus I am learning to open up and actually be more social, I think I have what it takes I can make people laugh it's all a confidence thing

so eloquently spoken I expected nothing less from you Paul... I also want to thank all those here that replied to my thread sometimes it's nice to just hear what others have to say or what their experiences were. My ex he seems to go no longer than 2-3 years every last relationship no matter the guy give it about 2 years or so and it's about done. I think whether or not you want kids matters, if your with a guy and no kids or he doesn't want them that also decreases the stability factor. My fuck bud Scott and his BF actually have a kid, I guess according to Scott he adopted a kid that a distant relative did not want, and the kid is so cute....so as you can tell I want kids, but I wonder if I could be a good enough parent.

Is there enough oxygen in his ass for you to breathe? My GOD. :blink:

I dont think we can actually put a number on it but it seems to be alot less than str8 couples OVERALL. I mean the dynamic is different because you have TWO males...so I can understand why the ODDS are against gay couples more..lets face it,we're cut from a different cloth than women.

best answer (+1)

exactly !

Archived