Lana Del Rey

Kim

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Resurrecting this thread after falling in love with "Young and Beautiful" this summer and then buying the Born To Die album last month. I am in LOVE!

Can't forget that the remix of "Summertime Sadness" is her first top 10 hit in the USA and that a remix of "Young & Beautiful" will sent to radio this fall.

I prefer the original compositions and dislike the remixes.

• Upvote 1

The remixes suck. 'Young And Beautiful' is one of the best singles this year.

And they are using Cedric Gervais again. :(

"Young and Beautiful" is my absolute favorite Lana song.

"Blue Jeans", "National Anthem", "Radio", "Dark Paradise", "This Is What Makes Us Girls", "Summertime Sadness", and "Diet Mountain Dew" are my favorites from Born To Die.

"Video Games", "Born To Die", and "Ride" have grown on me tremendously. It's taking me a minute to get into Paradise.

"Burning Desire" makes me laugh for some reason.

• Upvote 1

What is this I read that she's quitting music?

I want her and Lorde to start a messy rivalry tbh. I need that to make happen. :rolleyes:

Apparently she explained that she's taking a six month break (starting in August) to write music, gather inspiration, and be normal again. Her schedule has blocked her creativity or something like that. She still has that 30 minute film Tropico which is releasing soon.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't know why people keep hiring Anthony Mandler. :sigh:

Hopefully she'll get more of a budget for this next album.

Anthony Mandler isn't bad. Plus, Tropico is consistent with the same vibe and cinematography as her music videos.

I'll say LDR has A LOT invested in her. Her records and singles have sold well worldwide, she's promoted and performed on platforms all over, her tour was successful, her videos are low budget, and she's recorded A LOT.

Much of BTD's demos are on YouTube (many of them better than the final versions) and dozens of demos for the upcoming album were leaked over the summer. "Black Beauty" is great, but she was really upset that it leaked and I'm not sure if it'll make the album.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...