Lana Del Rey

Kim

I am dangerously obsessed with her. The album isn't perfect but it's fantastic. I'm thoroughly pissed that the deluxe version wasn't released here though, I had to pay $35 to import one from the UK.

It's a solid album. At this stage I think I love her vibe a little more than her music, but I'm hooked either way.

And I wish she'd kept the lyrics from the live version of 'Born To Die'. -_-

"Let me fuck you hard in the pouring rain..." -_-

I am dangerously obsessed with her. The album isn't perfect but it's fantastic. I'm thoroughly pissed that the deluxe version wasn't released here though, I had to pay $35 to import one from the UK.

I thought of you as soon as I saw this thread. :lol: I read a great interview with her recently, I'll post my fav excerpts when I get home if you like.

Yesss. I was waiting to hear that smut in all its studio glory. <_<

I thought of you as soon as I saw this thread. :lol: I read a great interview with her recently, I'll post my fav excerpts when I get home if you like.

Yesss. I was waiting to hear that smut in all its studio glory. <_<

lmao. Sure, where from?

She said that she didn't want people to think the song was about "fucking." :lol:

I'm shocked she hasn't been more discussed here. She's such a point of contention online.

She doesn't really do anything for me either way. I love the live versions of "Video Games" with the fuller arrangement, but the album as a whole is a bore and I can't listen to more than one song of hers at a time without getting sad/pissed off.

It's a solid album. At this stage I think I love her vibe a little more than her music, but I'm hooked either way.

And I wish she'd kept the lyrics from the live version of 'Born To Die'. -_-

I don't know why most "critics" are tearing the album apart. I really feel it's a solid album. It has a cohesive sound, theme, and it's generally very well produced and put together.

I'm sure these are the same critics who complain when an album is all over the place. :rolleyes:

ME TOO. I want to be the Lana in the songs. -_-

The only version I could see in stores is the deluxe version. lol

:clapping: :clapping:

You may have already read it, from the latest issue of Q? :unsure:

Screw the people! I want profanity! :cry:

Yes, and it was great. As was her spread.

I know. :tear: I love a pretty girl with a filthy mouth.

I don't know why most "critics" are tearing the album apart. I really feel it's a solid album. It has a cohesive sound, theme, and it's generally very well produced and put together. I'm sure these are the same critics who complain when an album is all over the place. :rolleyes:

ME TOO. I want to be the Lana in the songs. -_-

The only version I could see in stores is the deluxe version. lol

:clapping: :clapping:

The indie critics are the ones tearing it apart. They're too pretentious for an artist who has an image and a budget, however good he/she may be.

:lol:yaqs. I'm living my love life vicariously through her. "Light of my life, fire of my loins..."

Target has its own deluxe edition but "Lucky Ones" is missing.

Yes, and it was great. As was her spread.

I know. :tear: I love a pretty girl with a filthy mouth.

The indie critics are the ones tearing it apart. They're too pretentious for an artist who has an image and a budget, however good he/she may be.

:lol:yaqs. I'm living my love life vicariously through her. "Light of my life, fire of my loins..."

Target has its own deluxe edition but "Lucky Ones" is missing.

I'm just glad her album is doing well. That's a big " :rolleyes: " and a " :flipoff: " to the music snobs. :filenails:

:w00t:

2n1wbx4.gif @ Lucky Ones being left off.

Every now and then the stars align

Boy and girl boy meet by the great design

-_-

Lana Del Rey Talks 'SNL' Performance

Just 36 hours after the most polarizing Saturday Night Live performance in recent memory, Lana Del Rey is in New York, eating a cookie. "I actually felt good about it," she told Rolling Stone. "I thought I looked beautiful and sang fine." But it's clear that Del Rey has been rattled by the overwhelming Internet vitriol hurled her way after her awkward renditions of two tunes, including the breakout single "Video Games."

How did it feel to sing on live TV?

It felt OK. The cast and crew said they loved it. I know some people didn't like it, but that's just the way I perform, and my fans know that.

Are you comfortable onstage?

I'm nervous. I'm not a natural performer or exhibitionist. When I was younger, I hated the focus, and it made me feel strange.

The backlash to that performance has been pretty harsh.

There's backlash about everything I do. It's nothing new. When I walk outside, people have something to say about it. It wouldn't have mattered if I was absolutely excellent. People don't have anything nice to say about this project. I'm sure that's why you're writing about it.

Have I given you the impression that I don't like your music? I do! Especially the song "Radio."

No. I don't know how you feel about it. It's not easy to gauge how people feel about it. I don't really want to go into it. But thank you, I love "Radio" too.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/lana-del-rey-talks-snl-performance-20120130

----

YAS @ her feelin her puss.

:lmao: @ "I'm sure that's why you're writing about it."

Lana Del Rey Talks 'SNL' Performance

Just 36 hours after the most polarizing Saturday Night Live performance in recent memory, Lana Del Rey is in New York, eating a cookie. "I actually felt good about it," she told Rolling Stone. "I thought I looked beautiful and sang fine." But it's clear that Del Rey has been rattled by the overwhelming Internet vitriol hurled her way after her awkward renditions of two tunes, including the breakout single "Video Games."

How did it feel to sing on live TV?

It felt OK. The cast and crew said they loved it. I know some people didn't like it, but that's just the way I perform, and my fans know that.

Are you comfortable onstage?

I'm nervous. I'm not a natural performer or exhibitionist. When I was younger, I hated the focus, and it made me feel strange.

The backlash to that performance has been pretty harsh.

There's backlash about everything I do. It's nothing new. When I walk outside, people have something to say about it. It wouldn't have mattered if I was absolutely excellent. People don't have anything nice to say about this project. I'm sure that's why you're writing about it.

Have I given you the impression that I don't like your music? I do! Especially the song "Radio."

No. I don't know how you feel about it. It's not easy to gauge how people feel about it. I don't really want to go into it. But thank you, I love "Radio" too.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/lana-del-rey-talks-snl-performance-20120130

----

YAS @ her feelin her puss.

:lmao: @ "I'm sure that's why you're writing about it."

I'm now a fan.