Is Madonna Reductive?

Aquaria

I can't help but compare MNM to MBC of yesteryear... one of MTV's/VMA's greatest moments

082907_madonna_400x300.jpg

Now she's teamed up with two black female rappers instead of two blonde rival popstars. Which was better?

madonna-nicki-minaj-mia.jpg

The Winner(IMO): MBC. To team up with her two obvious heiresses (who were each others' biggest rivals) for the VMA performance, the lessors recreating her wedding gown look and her assuming role of "groom", was absolutely brilliant. GMAYL is an obvious cry for a relevancy and she even repeats the gimmick of dressing up like "Madonna" in GMAYL except this time she is also doing it. It was a lot more clever the first time around to turn it on its head and play groom.

Those are my thoughts. GMAYL is still a lot of fun but Madonna needs to tone down the sass if she is going to be REDUCTIVE herself.

Kinda. The VMA trio and the concept were brilliant, mostly because it was original and unexpected (don't forget Missy was a part of that performance, too!) Nowadays everybody collaborates with everybody, so in the case of replacing two pop tarts with two hip-pop tarts it does look reductive, but reductive of herself.

I wouldn't say reductive, I would say the market is reductive, so she plays on that, she is more than capable of depth, but when Katy Perry can rack up hit after hit its kinda obvious the market that buys music is pretty reductive itself. Now don't get me wrong but I love Katy Perry, but I also like the occasional "Velvet Rope" or "COADF" type album too

I wouldn't say reductive, I would say the market is reductive, so she plays on that, she is more than capable of depth, but when Katy Perry can rack up hit after hit its kinda obvious the market that buys music is pretty reductive itself. Now don't get me wrong but I love Katy Perry, but I also like the occasional "Velvet Rope" or "COADF" type album too

:filenails:

Kinda. The VMA trio and the concept were brilliant, mostly because it was original and unexpected (don't forget Missy was a part of that performance, too!) Nowadays everybody collaborates with everybody, so in the case of replacing two pop tarts with two hip-pop tarts it does look reductive, but reductive of herself.

So both she and Gaga are ripping off Madonna :shifty:

Girl, BYE!

Madge has been having work done since the Music era...at least! lol (I could back further, but I might upset some)

The Brit, Madge, Christina pic was pre-cheeks though. lol

Girl, I don't recall saying HELLO :filenails:

Being that Adele is the biggest thing in music right now, I wouldn't say the market is reductive.

So both she and Gaga are ripping off Madonna :shifty:

Girl, I don't recall saying HELLO :filenails:

Being that Adele is the biggest thing in music right now, I wouldn't say the market is reductive.

Adele is great but for every one Adele you have 4 or five Britneys, Xtinas, Ke$has and the list goes on and on

Madonna is now following the trend of using Nicki Minaj because she's "hot" right now. REDUCTIVE.

I give her credit for hooking up MIA cus that's cool but then I remember that Xtina worked with BOTH MIA and Nicki on Bubonic :sigh:

GMAYL actually doesn't sound like anything out right now so what's your point :filenails:

she used MIA and Nicki on a record, it's been done before and it's therefor reductive, she has stood on her own better without those kinda acts. Same shit as Hard Candy tho, let me find who is hot and ride them..THATS MY POINT

Please keep track of your own argument :wave:

Please keep track of your own argument :wave:

and I can keep track of my own fucking arguments just fine, when Madonna plays to the market its reductive, and pulling these young hoes into her game is reductive, when she otherwise is not reductive, she has great music that set the definition of standing out, the song now doesn't even need MIA or Nicki

I give her credit for hooking up MIA cus that's cool but then I remember that Xtina worked with BOTH MIA and Nicki on Bubonic :sigh:

Reductivetina hopped on that bandwagon as well. Madonna will probably return to her trailblazing ways like she did with COADF with the euro/electro/dance thing she did.

you wanna sit here and argue because its fucking Madonna, please stop being so fucking pressed I say something you come back every post cause God fucking forbid someone down Madonna's ass

I made this thread :crazy: I like to argue when people don't make sense :cheer:

and I can keep track of my own fucking arguments just fine, when Madonna plays to the market its reductive, and pulling these young hoes into her game is reductive, when she otherwise is not reductive, she has great music that set the definition of standing out, the song now doesn't even need MIA or Nicki

Yes it does :coffee:

Archived