To all the Aussie, Brit, and other non Americans out there...

LyricalLesson

Based from a perspective of non-UK citizen, Scottish accent is the hardest one to understand!

Shameless segue: I see quite a lot in this forum are living in the UK. I will need you to answer some questions from me since I am planning to go to London for the Olympics! :excited: Kindly await the thread I'll create! :thumbup:

Where are you from? You type with an accent :lmao:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based from a perspective of non-UK citizen, Scottish accent is the hardest one to understand!

Shameless segue: I see quite a lot in this forum are living in the UK. I will need you to answer some questions from me since I am planning to go to London for the Olympics! :excited: Kindly await the thread I'll create! :thumbup:

You're coming to the UK :excited:

You must be rich :rolleyes: Very

Where are you from? You type with an accent :lmao:

Philippines! What do you mean? :lol:

You're coming to the UK :excited:

It's my first time in the UK! :w00t: I'm already practicing my courtesy curtsey! :asham::rolleyes:

You must be rich :rolleyes: Very

I'm not! This has been planned since Beijing olympics! London is verrry expensive though, <_< especially for someone who does not come from/live in a first world country. -_-

It's my first time in the UK! :w00t: I'm already practicing my courtesy curtsey! :asham::rolleyes:

I'm not! This has been planned since Beijing olympics! London is verrry expensive though, <_< especially for someone who does not come from/live in a first world country. -_-

Do you have family or friends here who you are staying with? Because if you are staying in a hotel they will charge you soooooooooo much during the Olympics

Do you have family or friends here who you are staying with? Because if you are staying in a hotel they will charge you soooooooooo much during the Olympics

Would you like to be my friend? :rolleyes:

LOL, I know. Unfortunately, none. I've already seen the rates and they are really taking advantage of the event! Even the cute backpackers hotel are charging waaay above average. This is not surprising though considering this is THE Olympics and, well, London is just an expensive city (at least for me <_<)!

But scotland is one of the countries that makes up Britain lol

Thank U, I stand corrected.

The English, Scottish, and Welsch are British citizens. Northern Ireland is part of the UK, but I know the Irish pretty much don't consider themselves British at all.

I've spent a lot of time in England and those I've communicated with prefer to be called English, Welsch, or Scottish rather than British.

Archived