To all the Aussie, Brit, and other non Americans out there...

LyricalLesson

And yeah, some Americans do HORRIBLE Brit accents, it makes you wonder why they got cast in the first place. There were a couple of awful ones on Buffy, particularly Spike and Molly (the 'Brit' slayer in training :&) Others are fairly good, like Nicole Kidman in The Others.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LMAO!!! That reminds me of a time a couple from the south came to my area for vacation. They had a granddaughter with them...Her name was Anita Cruz...I thought they were saying "I NEED A CRUISE"....I was like WTF? This girl is sick and they are worried about going on a cruise? :mellow::lmao:

OMG!!!! Lol, imagine you were like "oh they have some great deals on Caribbean cruises at this time of year" and they were all "how dare you, our daughter is sick and you are talking about your holidays!" lol

And yeah, some Americans do HORRIBLE Brit accents, it makes you wonder why they got cast in the first place. There were a couple of awful ones on Buffy, particularly Spike and Molly (the 'Brit' slayer in training :&) Others are fairly good, like Nicole Kidman in The Others.

I thought rene zelleweger sounded fairly good in Bridget jones too.

How do Brits actors like Thandie Newton sound to you American peeps?

The UK has the biggest veriety of dialects of English and accent changes in comparison to its size - so there is no such thing as a "British accent".

Someone from Manchester for example nothing like someone from Birmingham and the sound nothing like someone from London. And then there are various Scottish accents and dialects, And Welsh too all of which are completely different :)

There is a huge difference. My family from Birmingham sounds nothing like my family from Enfield. And when I went to Edinburgh, I had to take my time and listen to them speak. There are many "British accents", just depends on the area.

There is a huge difference. My family from Birmingham sounds nothing like my family from Enfield. And when I went to Edinburgh, I had to take my time and listen to them speak. There are many "British accents", just depends on the area.

Edinburgh is in Scotland.

Archived