Kylie ANTI tour is a Fact!!.... what a treat to her fans

KlaSh-E

Antitourartwork.jpg

smart move after The Mardi Gras success this weekend...

Kylie Minogue announces 'Anti Tour' Australian dates

Published Monday, Mar 5 2012, 14:40 GMT | By Lewis Corner | 2 comments

Kylie Minogue has announced plans for a string of live shows later this year.

The singer will perform a collection of concerts known as the 'Anti Tour', which will be intimate sets that will include renditions of B-sides, demos and rarities.

The first batch of dates released are for Australia and will take place at The Palace in Melbourne on March 18 and The Big Top in Sydney on March 20.

The star promises "a unique experience" for fans to witness the "flipside to a huge Kylie production".

Tickets for the two shows will go on sale at 12pm (Sydney time) on March 7 via Minogue's official website.

The tour is part of Minogue's K25 project, which celebrates her 25 years in the music business.

According to the Herald Sun, each ticket will come in the form of a wristband with the name of the owner on it, preventing the re-selling controversy that caused outrage when Radiohead and One Direction tickets recently went on sale in Australia.

The wristbands must be collected and signed for by the credit card holder who bought the tickets online.

Minogue revealed that she dreamt up the concept of this tour after her multi-million dollar 'Aphrodite Les Folies' spectacular last year.

She said: "I don't know how I can beat having water fountains, which is madness.

"Some people's favourite tour is still 'Intimate and Live' where we had two penny farthings to put it on. The reason I thought of it was, when you're on the big shows you're obliged to play a stack of hits. How do you go bigger? You don't, you go completely the other direction."

Minogue also joked that she is going to "need a lyric stand" for the gig because her fans will probably "know all the lyrics better than" her. However, she admitted that this "fills [her] with excitement".

The 'Anti Tour' shows take place at the Palace Theatre on March 18 and at Sydney's Luna Park on March 20.

According to the Herald Sun, each ticket will come in the form of a wristband with the name of the owner on it, preventing the re-selling controversy that caused outrage when Radiohead and One Direction tickets recently went on sale in Australia.

The wristbands must be collected and signed for by the credit card holder who bought the tickets online.

Now that is a good idea. Scalpers beware.

Is this the first time an artist has done this?

Now that is a good idea. Scalpers beware.

Is this the first time an artist has done this?

i think it's a yes to both the tour and the wristband tickets..

she had tried a few different things to make it a lot harder for re-sellers but none really worked.. This might actually work

even if they sell it with the wristband, they can only buy 2 tickets per person and it's gonna be hard if you buy 50 tickets with the same name

Billboard article mentioning she 'might' come to the US with this tour as well...

Guess it would be an easy tour to take around the world.... and i'm sure she could sell out a few 'gay' markets in the US if it's just small venues...

http://www.billboard.com/#/events/kylie-minogue-s-anti-tour-of-b-sides-to-1006366752.story

Pop superstar Kylie Minogue has announced the first concert dates of her upcoming intimate Anti tour, celebrating the diva's 25th year in the business.

She'll play the Palace Theater in Melbourne, Australia on March 18 and then the Big Top at Luna Park in Sydney on March 20. Both venues have a capacity of about 2,000. It's expected that further dates of the tour will be announced soon, which may include a visit to the U.S. later this year.

The trek is aimed squarely at Minogue's very devoted fans, as the show will focus on rarities, b-sides and demo recordings.

"(The) Anti tour is something I'm very keen on. I think it's an interesting concept," she told Sky News in Sydney last weekend. "That's something that's really just for super fans. There's not going to be hit songs in that show, but it's a good balance to something like (the) Aphrodite (tour)."

The 2011 Aphrodite trek was an eye-popping, hits-filled global tour that played 77 shows on five continents. The bulk of the shows included 200 costumes, 30 water fountains, 10 dancers and eight acrobats.

Minogue also told Sky News that she's "already started work on the new album," which should be released later this year. The set will follow 2010's "Aphrodite," which debuted and peaked at No. 19 on the Billboard 200 chart and reached No. 1 in the U.K.

The pop star's first single, "The Locomotion," was released in her native homeland of Australia, 25 years ago in 1987. In her quarter-century career, she has issued 11 studio albums and more than 50 singles.

Archived