Remember when Jay-Z and YawnYawn shut down Ms. Braxton?

Kim

I remember that :lol: I also vaguely remember Toni's statement. It was pretty damn shady :lol:

From Wikipedia. :lol:

In November 19, 2002 (a week after the release of Jay-Z's single), Toni Braxton released her 4th album, More Than a Woman which contained the song "Me & My Boyfriend", which contained the same sample by Tupac Shakur. Braxton accused Jay-Z of stealing her idea for a remake of Tupac Shakur's 1996 song. Braxton said, "Jay-Z and Beyoncé are messing with my money. They're trying to steal my mojo," when she called in at a New York radio station. Braxton lashed out in a radio interview, accusing Jay-Z and producer Kanye West of taking money out of her children's college fund. Braxton added that there has never been any drama between her and Knowles, and that Jay-Z has made an effort to talk to her about the situation: "Me and Beyoncé never had a public feud or anything like that. Jay-Z has tried to reach out to me, so I give him props for trying to be a man about it. He's reached out. We're supposed to have a meeting to talk about it. I'll let you know what happens after we talk." "Me & My Boyfriend" was co-written by Ashanti and produced by Irv Gotti.

:lol:

Damn, I didn't know Ashanti co-wrote it. :lol: :lol: :lol: That's even messier. :lol:

From Wikipedia. :lol:

In November 19, 2002 (a week after the release of Jay-Z's single), Toni Braxton released her 4th album, More Than a Woman which contained the song "Me & My Boyfriend", which contained the same sample by Tupac Shakur. Braxton accused Jay-Z of stealing her idea for a remake of Tupac Shakur's 1996 song. Braxton said, "Jay-Z and Beyoncé are messing with my money. They're trying to steal my mojo," when she called in at a New York radio station. Braxton lashed out in a radio interview, accusing Jay-Z and producer Kanye West of taking money out of her children's college fund. Braxton added that there has never been any drama between her and Knowles, and that Jay-Z has made an effort to talk to her about the situation: "Me and Beyoncé never had a public feud or anything like that. Jay-Z has tried to reach out to me, so I give him props for trying to be a man about it. He's reached out. We're supposed to have a meeting to talk about it. I'll let you know what happens after we talk." "Me & My Boyfriend" was co-written by Ashanti and produced by Irv Gotti.

:lol:

Damn, I didn't know Ashanti co-wrote it. :lol: :lol: :lol: That's even messier. :lol:

You know what? The one thing I remembered was her bitching about her children's college fund :lol: I completely forgot the mojo line :lmao:

She actually mentioned "college fund" in the interview? They're not just paraphrasing? :lol:

Before you posted the quote, I remember hearing "college education/money." But it probably was college fund :lol: I remember the statement being read off on a radio station as I was heading to school :lol: