Adele’s ‘21’ album outsells Michael Jackson’s ‘Thriller’ in the UK…

bu.

yes.. but we're talking about Michael Jackson... the former biggest celebrity in the world

that's why it's news

And also Thriller and bad etc came out when CD sales were much bigger than they are now. That makes Adeles achievement even more remarkable

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

goes without saying... some people are just too bitter and upset to understand

who is bitter and upset :unsure:

MJs number were greatly inflated anyway.

As was every other artists at that time.

She only outsold him by 500 copies. They'll flip flop in no time. I love Adele, but she's not on MJ's level in any conceivable way. Considering her global impact at the moment she should be selling well in the UK. :filenails:

When she outsells MJ in America then talk. :coffee:

Sony owns a 15% stock in the Beggars Group anyways. Beggars operates XL Records, which is the label that distributes Adele's music :lmao:

MJ is getting 15% of those checks :asham: :asham: :excited: :excited: :excited:

You clearly need to work on your Maths skills :)

Sony owns a 15% stock in the Beggars Group anyways. Beggars operates XL Records, which is the label that distributes Adele's music :lmao:

MJ is getting 15% of those checks :asham: :asham: :excited: :excited: :excited:

actually.. MJ's estate only owns 50% of Sony

that doesn't take away the fact that Adele has conquered the former King of Pop in the UK :coffee:

and is continuing to climb the list.. while MJ isn't going to

bitter

Thriller's sales increase every Halloween due to the theme of its legendary music video.

The mere fact that their even trying to pass this off as news just goes to show how pressed your favorite singers are over the King of Pop :coffee:

Even that other Katy Perry girl. Isn't she from the UK? I think last time I checked she was pressed too over trying to break a MJ record?

bitter

Thriller's sells creep up every halloween. MJ went back and forth with the Eagles for years for best selling album here in the states but that ended when he died and his sells went through the roof. Adele is having a moment so good for her, but to say she has conquered MJ in the UK is an over statement. Especially considering he has two albums in the top 10 on that list. This man has been dead for 3 years, yet he keeps you pressed. :coffee:

bitter

I think you're the bitter one...or you're pressed about something because you seem to like talking about him a lot :unsure:.

actually.. MJ's estate only owns 50% of Sony

that doesn't take away the fact that Adele has conquered the former King of Pop in the UK :coffee:

But she only has one album in there....Michael has two.

they went from 60M to over a 100 overnight....

Sales for albums back then will always be 'inaccurate' because store records just weren't kept properly. I never know what to believe when it comes to the real sales of Thriller. Guinness had it at 104 million at one point. Whether that included single sales...I don't know.

Thriller's sales increase every Halloween due to the theme of its legendary music video.

The mere fact that their even trying to pass this off as news just goes to show how pressed your favorite singers are over the King of Pop :coffee:

Even that other Katy Perry girl. Isn't she from the UK? I think last time I checked she was pressed too over trying to break a MJ record?

once a year :blink: watch out Adele :lmao:

this is news :umm:

Katy Perry is from Cali :lmao:

Thriller's sells creep up every halloween. MJ went back and forth with the Eagles for years for best selling album here in the states but that ended when he died and his sells went through the roof. Adele is having a moment so good for her, but to say she has conquered MJ in the UK is an over statement. Especially considering he has two albums in the top 10 on that list. This man has been dead for 3 years, yet he keeps you pressed. :coffee:

this is about Adele not "the Eagles"... Adele is having a moment.. and that moment is smashing sale records in 2012... it's hard enough to sell nowadays...

I think you're the bitter one...or you're pressed about something because you seem to like talking about him a lot :unsure:.

But she only has one album in there....Michael has two.

how am i bitter?! :blink: this is an Adele thread.. and i support (and love) Adele... i'm not the one defending the artist(s) Adele has stomped on... therefore.. i can't be bitter

great!!!! MJ has two albums on there... Adele only has two albums total in her career...

how am i bitter?! :blink: this is an Adele thread.. and i support (and love) Adele... i'm not the one defending the artist(s) Adele has stomped on... therefore.. i can't be bitter

great!!!! MJ has two albums on there... Adele only has two albums total in her career...

Oh really?

blr_lt0uolJdD71qisdfso1_500-vi42.gif

I'd believe that if you didn't go into every thread involving Michael to make a shady comment.

Oh really?

I'd believe that if you didn't go into every thread involving Michael to make a shady comment.

this thread is about Adele's success... i've been following Adele since she's been Chasing Pavements :coffee:

100 years from now Adele's CD wont be thought of, but I bet venues will still be playing Thriller every Halloween :coffee:

Well she may be from Cali, but she was still pressed

But it'll be on UK's top selling albums :coffee: and that ONE song that MJ didn't write.. i'm not here for that

Archived