Adele’s ‘21’ album outsells Michael Jackson’s ‘Thriller’ in the UK…

bu.

When addressing such major achievement, Martin Talbot from the Official Charts Company says:

“To add to her many landmark records, Adele’s achievement in overtaking ‘Thriller’ in the all-time sales list is truly remarkable. ‘Thriller’ has long been recognised as one of the most iconic albums of all-time. There is now no doubt that ‘21’ can be spoken of in the same breath.”

’21′ has sold over 4,274,300 copies; just 500 copies ahead of ‘Thriller’, which has generated over 4,273,800 in sales since 1982. Adele’s album has spent 65 non-consecutive weeks on the UK Albums Chart since its release 15 months ago, outselling Amy Winehouse’s ‘Back To Black’ and becoming the biggest-selling album of the 21st Century. I can’t say I’m mad at her. Records are made to be broken and at least it was done by an extraodinary talent. I’d rather this than basic Katy Perry besting MJ’s record for having the most #1 singles from one album.

The top 10 biggest-selling albums in the UK are:

1. Queen – Greatest Hits

2. The Beatles – Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band

3. ABBA – Gold: Greatest Hits

4. Oasis – (What’s The Story) Morning Glory?

5. Adele – 21

6. Michael Jackson – Thriller

7. Dire Straits – Brothers In Arms

8. Pink Floyd – The Dark Side Of The Moon

9. Michael Jackson – Bad

10. Queen – Greatest Hits II

Ch she did that faster than I expected :lol:. I said it'd overtake it by the summer :lol:. I can't wait for it to overtake The Beatles :excited:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what?! me?! no!

all i'm saying is the UK has a new Queen -_-

angelina_bitchface-vi.gif

Oh well. Michael's the only American on there :shifty:...and he has two albums.

I'm still Kiiing at Queen being there with TWO Greatest Hits!

tumblr_lqz0m0ljzT1qaa5c1o1_r1_500.gif

Records are made to be broken and at least it was done by an extraodinary talent. I’d rather this than basic Katy Perry besting MJ’s record for having the most #1 singles from one album.

thumb_dead-smiley.gif

*death* at you pulling that quote up!! It's the truth though :lol:! I'm not bothered Adele outsold Thriller in the UK :lol:. I'm proud of Adele.

i thought you wrote that at first. :asham:

*Mj stan alert*

Will she see over 108 million copies worldwide though? :lol:

________

Congrats to Adele! :)

i still find it suspicious that the number jumped with i don't know how many dozen millions in one year a few years ago...

if you look at all the best selling albums in all countries Thriller has done amazing but there are other albums that seem to have done better almost everywhere...

Archived