Janet & Kylie to support a gala dinner and auction at the Cannes film festival....

KlaSh-E

:lmao: @ the rest of the thread.

Ya'll know damn well Janet ain't doing no impromptu performing. Ya'll really tried that.

I would definitely be up for a Janet-Kylie duet. It would really help Janet presence outside of the US, particularly in Europe where success is much needed. Aussies and New Zealanders are pretty faithful, so I doubt Janet would struggle there.

Kylie is bigger than Janet on a global scale right now. Janet hasn't be popular outside of the US since AFY, whereas Kylie has been steady since 2001.

• Upvote 2

Kylie has not been 'steady' since 2001.

Go look at her discography Ffs and gather evidence instead if making silly assumptions, you can see aside from Europe and Aus she's not had a Top 40 hit anywhere since 'can't get you out of my head'.

Her last album performed poorly.

She barely had any major hit in the whole of the 90s either.

How does one even conclude that kylie is bigger. There is not even any evidence of this.

I love kylie, but I'm not gonna act like she's a global star. She's does not and never has had the same global impact.

Kylie has not been 'steady' since 2001.

Go look at her discography Ffs and gather evidence instead if making silly assumptions, you can see aside from Europe and Aus she's not had a Top 40 hit anywhere since 'can't get you out of my head'.

Her last album performed poorly.

She barely had any major hit in the whole of the 90s either.

How does one even conclude that kylie is bigger. There is not even any evidence of this.

I love kylie, but I'm not gonna act like she's a global star. She's does not and never has had the same global impact.

European media love Kylie more whilst they still ridicule Janet. Get your head out of Janets beautiful ass and you'll see what everyone else sees.

European media love Kylie more whilst they still ridicule Janet. Get your head out of Janets beautiful ass and you'll see what everyone else sees.

Europe is not the whole world.

But u just summed up my point anyway. People believe anything the media tells them. That's what everyone else sees. I see the reality.

Europe is not the whole world.

But u just summed up my point anyway. People believe anything the media tells them. That's what everyone else sees. I see the reality.

The media makes celebrities and they take them down. They might be twats but for people like Janet/Kylie - they're important. You're not seeing reality. You're seeing Janets '00 career with rose-coloured glasses. If you were a fan in the '80s and '90s then you'd see exactly what the rest of us see and that is improvement from what has been a rather dull decade since AFY.

I'm not seeing Janets career like its the 90s. I'm quite well aware of the last decade. I'm just pointing out the reality that Kylies 00s decade was hardly rosy either, except you'll making out like she's some big global star that's now bigger than Janet. Which is just utter rubbish.

I'm not seeing Janets career like its the 90s. I'm quite well aware of the last decade. I'm just pointing out the reality that Kylies 00s decade was hardly rosy either, except you'll making out like she's some big global star that's now bigger than Janet. Which is just utter rubbish.

But it's not utter rubbish.

Kylie continued to produce top 10 hits in her two biggest markets, Australia and the UK, throughout the 2000s.

Janet only produced the same in 2001/2002. That was the last time Janet had a top 10 hit in any country in the 2000s.

Kylie is bigger than Janet globally, right now, which is the point everyone who read and comprehended is making.

And even more the thought of a Janet-Kylie duet does excite me.

• Upvote 2

Kylie continued to produce top 10 hits in her two biggest markets, Australia and the UK, throughout the 2000s.

Janet only produced the same in 2001/2002. That was the last time Janet had a top 10 hit in any country in the 2000s.

So excited was a top 10 hit in Finland.

Call on me was top 10 in Italy and Belgium.

You might laugh but then u did claim she hasn't had any so...you wrong.

Just because kylie is charting in a few more insignificant countries than Janet now, doesn't make her a bigger global name now. Janet's legacy will always overshadow Kylie.

Kylies legacy is different, it's about cheesy pop and soap operas. Janet has created a legacy that changed everything, impacted on people socially, her albums are culturally significant, creditable pieces of work. She is more 'important'. Still love kylie but her last US charting song was in 2003 and that charted at 93.

I don't see the same excitement for Kylie in the UK even, that I saw when Janet performed in London last year. Its sad but, with kylie in the UK now, when u hear about her it's like 'oh kylie again zzzz'

I think Janet is considered a bigger star, but the point is, she's untouchable, she doesn't make as many appearances...but when she does she is like this massive icon to everyone.

We will see who gets more attention at Cannes :)

• Downvote 1

Just because kylie is charting in a few more insignificant countries than Janet now, doesn't make her a bigger global name now. Janet's legacy will always overshadow Kylie.

Kylies legacy is different, it's about cheesy pop and soap operas. Janet has created a legacy that changed everything, impacted on people socially, her albums are culturally significant, creditable pieces of work. She is more 'important'. Still love kylie but her last US charting song was in 2003 and that charted at 93.

I don't see the same excitement for Kylie in the UK even, that I saw when Janet performed in London last year. Its sad but, with kylie in the UK now, when u hear about her it's like 'oh kylie again zzzz'

I think Janet is considered a bigger star, but the point is, she's untouchable, she doesn't make as many appearances...but when she does she is like this massive icon to everyone.

Then why was Kylies name in the Cannes headline and Janets wasn't? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-18059332

Why is Alec Baldwin the first one in the list of names, including his picture? Lol

Who cares...neither Janet or Alec were used to attract people to read it (which is what headlines are for). Kylie was. You won't get it so I'm done.

Kylie: Arenas all over the world.

Kylie: hits in the UK - one of the biggest markets in the world.