Janet & Kylie to support a gala dinner and auction at the Cannes film festival....

KlaSh-E

how cool would that be :)

Alec Baldwin, Kylie Minogue and Janet Jackson are to support a gala dinner and auction at the Cannes Film Festival to raise money for Aids research.

The annual event, held by the American Foundation for Aids Research (Amfar), was passionately supported by the late actress Elizabeth Taylor.

Baldwin, who stars in the hit comedy 30 Rock, is among the celebrity "co-chairs" for the night on 24 May.

Amfar has raised more then $70m (£44m) since launching in Cannes in 1993.

The non-profit organisation is dedicated to supporting Aids research and HIV prevention and education.

Other co-chairs at the Cinema Against Aids event will include The Artist's Oscar-winning director Michel Hazanavicius and leading lady Berenice Bejo.

Actress Milla Jovovich, designer Karl Lagerfeld, film producer Harvey Weinstein and Bollywood star Aishwarya Rai will also take part.

Stars will be expected to dig deep during a live auction and runway show.

Five years ago, Kylie Minogue performed some of her hit singles at the event alongside actress Sharon Stone.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-18059332

already posted on Janet forum

and she's just showing up... not performing 0_o

well sorry..... Kylie wasn't performing either last year and ended up on stage singing 2 songs with Sharon Stone...

Was that posted as well on the Janet forum

• Upvote 9

well sorry..... Kylie wasn't performing either last year and ended up on stage singing 2 songs with Sharon Stone...

Kylie ain't no Janet Jackson :umm:

Janet Jackson doesn't just show up and sing.. she's put on the posters :umm: and paid 7 figures per song

name a time Janet just showed up to something and sang... :umm:

BOW, I am so excited to see some pics of them together ^_^

Janet Jackson doesn't just show up and sing.. she's put on the posters :umm: and paid 7 figures per song

As I recall, it was the PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel, New Jersey.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

A duet would be amaze and it would boost Janet's status in the UK. I'm down for it

Bring on Sweet Music, Giving You Up, Chocolate, Al I See (which is already a Janet song :rolleyes: ) type of collab :excited: :excited: Just make sure you don't give me Believe In You :umm:

Was that posted as well on the Janet forum

Effortless

BOW, I am so excited to see some pics of them together ^_^

As I recall, it was the PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel, New Jersey.

http://www.nj.com/en...g_her_numb.html

umm she was hired and paid to sing :umm: ... she didn't just show up in her outfit... Plus Gil's on tour with Nicki so we know she's not performing without dancing

in other words... The Gala Dinner is not hiring or paying Janet to show up... Janet is paying them to auction :umm: ... the most we will see is pictures and hopefully more interviews

• Downvote 1

What i was saying.. and trying to explain it as simple as i can.... Kylie was also 'just' attending and not announced as a performer. It was a surprise performance... u know, a surprise... Something you get on your birthday or find in your bed when you arrive home a little early

But it's sweet that you still live in that make believe world where Janet get's payed 7 figures to sing one song. Is that the same world where Britney is known as a great live singer and Mariah a trained hip hop dancer?

What i was saying.. and trying to explain it as simple as i can.... Kylie was also 'just' attending and not announced as a performer. It was a surprise performance... u know, a surprise... Something you get on your birthday or find in your bed when you arrive home a little early

But it's sweet that you still live in that make believe world where Janet get's payed 7 figures to sing one song. Is that the same world where Britney is known as a great live singer and Mariah a trained hip hop dancer?

Janet's not Kylie... She doesn't just get on stage and half ass it... Like Kylie

It's sweet that u don't know what sarcasm is... But Janet gets paid millions for performing live concerts.. It's also sweet that you think Janet Muthafunking Jackson is gonna perform at-will... Unlike Kylie... Janet is a headliner.. And is asked months ahead to perform #fact

• Downvote 1

And let's be fair as much as Iovr Janet she never has and never will just hop up on stage and sing (unless it was pre planned and she taped a 'live' vocal ;) it's just not her style) I think she had the talent to, but just not the confidence in her own earth shattering abilities.

Sometimes I think some of you haven't followed Janet at all.... :filenails:

• Upvote 1

And Game, FYI - as much as I hate to say, Kylie is a bigger global star than Janet right now. Yes Janet is bigger in the USA but Kylie is much bigger in the other bigger markets. And even in the USA Janet hasnt done much for years sales/charts wise.

They are both Icons.

I would love to see a new pic of Janet and kylie together.

@paul, really no, I think we've discussed this before, but Janet is a bigger global star, was and is.

Kylies major markets are UK and Australia. Janet's major markets cover Asia, US and Africa.

Kylie has marginally bigger profile in some Latin American countries (eg. Chile). And Ignoring the UK, kylie and Janet are, depending on country, more or less equal in Europe. Kylies success in mainland Europe is really over exaggerated.

I'm not quite sure how u conclude that kylie is bigger. Seems laughable to me. I don't think current tours demonstrate anything. A lot of the 'areanas' Kylie performed in in her last tour, were half empty.

And let's be fair as much as Iovr Janet she never has and never will just hop up on stage and sing (unless it was pre planned and she taped a 'live' vocal ;) it's just not her style) I think she had the talent to, but just not the confidence in her own earth shattering abilities.

Sometimes I think some of you haven't followed Janet at all.... :filenails:

King Me

And Game, FYI - as much as I hate to say, Kylie is a bigger global star than Janet right now. Yes Janet is bigger in the USA but Kylie is much bigger in the other bigger markets. And even in the USA Janet hasnt done much for years sales/charts wise.

They are both Icons.

LMAO yeah right Paul.... Janet's a Jackson.. End of story

• Upvote 1

I would love to see a new pic of Janet and kylie together.

@paul, really no, I think we've discussed this before, but Janet is a bigger global star, was and is.

Kylies major markets are UK and Australia. Janet's major markets cover Asia, US and Africa.

Kylie has marginally bigger profile in some Latin American countries (eg. Chile). And Ignoring the UK, kylie and Janet are, depending on country, more or less equal in Europe. Kylies success in mainland Europe is really over exaggerated.

I'm not quite sure how u conclude that kylie is bigger. Seems laughable to me. I don't think current tours demonstrate anything. A lot of the 'areanas' Kylie performed in in her last tour, were half empty.

this is getting ridiculous.... how something so innocent as this post can turn into a diva battle and then between Kylie and Janet .of all people..

i don't wanna get into facts and stuff, but to think Janet is a bigger act then Kylie outside the US is pretty ridiculous. I love Janet but let's stay real here.

half empty arena's (there were a few shows that sold really badly for her standarts (like 60 to 70% of it's capacity) but still with an average of €100 a ticket... this tour didn't do as great as the other tours, fact, but it still was a huge success nonetheless... she still played for 700k people and she still get's the biggest budgets to do these (25 million for her last stage is something only the biggest touring acts get and for female acts they can be counted on one hand trust me... and wasn't this Kylie's 5th huge tour in 10 years? Hell, even her first 'low budget' mini US tour during X was specially created for the US and was a complete new show and it still had a pretty amazing budget...

but when was the last time Janet released an album that reached top 10 in 20 countries? when did Janet get her own H&M collection? Kylie got 2...they don't do stuff like that if she's only popular in a few countries..(and don't tell me it's not something Janet would do cause she's to classy for that... she's promoting a diet now) - wasn't Kylie knighted or something in France for her contribution to popular culture? Kylie might be a nobody in the US, but don't underestimate her status outside... and her price ticket... cause she doesn't come out to play for under a million either...

For someone who's celebrating 25 years in music and to be still this relevant is not just because she's popular in the UK and Australia...

When Janet get's budget's like these to tour we'll talk again... (ps: i love Janet, this really is no stab at her)

• Upvote 1