Janet & Kylie to support a gala dinner and auction at the Cannes film festival....

KlaSh-E

And Game, FYI - as much as I hate to say, Kylie is a bigger global star than Janet right now. Yes Janet is bigger in the USA but Kylie is much bigger in the other bigger markets. And even in the USA Janet hasnt done much for years sales/charts wise.

They are both Icons.

So how did a dinner auction/charity turn into a Janet Vs. Kylie debate?

paul

Wrong answer. The others gave me what I wanted.

And for the record, I did read. The discussion went completely off the rail.

i don't think Rey was referring to you not reading... then again... she wasn't referring to anyone... seems like everyone who posted read the thread :blink:

glad i passed this lil test of yours :blush:

Paul and Game derailed this thread, I would have never thought those two would form an alliance, just to win on Who Want's to be the Next Asshole Apprentice...shameful...it's as if the smalls and talls have united to infest us with foolishness. Janet and Kylie are both great performers, neither should be pitted against the other. I am happy Janet will be in Cannes France, for someone who wants to make movies, girl hob nob with them people :clapping:

Paul and Game derailed this thread, I would have never thought those two would form an alliance, just to win on Who Want's to be the Next Asshole Apprentice...shameful...it's as if the smalls and talls have united to infest us with foolishness. Janet and Kylie are both great performers, neither should be pitted against the other. I am happy Janet will be in Cannes France, for someone who wants to make movies, girl hob nob with them people :clapping:

Yeah cuz the thread poster lied about Janet performing

Wouldn't I be hosting the show? :lol: yes i agree.. Janet is a great performer... The best of all worlds

tumblr_li834e8oQE1qbjcc2o1_500.pngsuch a cute pic... And they do have a lot in common... Starting out as teen actresses (Janet in 77 and Kylie in 79) That's some long ass careers...

elix0jeq.png

I like this one more :wub:

And Game, FYI - as much as I hate to say, Kylie is a bigger global star than Janet right now. Yes Janet is bigger in the USA but Kylie is much bigger in the other bigger markets. And even in the USA Janet hasnt done much for years sales/charts wise.They are both Icons.

Aphrodite was a big flop. I don't think it sold as much as Discipline ww, lol. But Kylie can still out-tour Janet easily. Her tours are amazing.

• Upvote 1

Kylie is not bigger world wide. Europe and Australia yes but I'm sorry, Janet surpassed her globally a long time ago.

I'm so bored seeing tour/venue numbers being used as an indicator of relevance. Friggen Barry Manilow still sells out Areanas. It doesn't mean anything.

But even if it did, aside from UK and Australia dates, Kylies latest tour dates only achieved 70%-80% capacity, and the large majority of them were Theatre capacity, especially in America where she only did 17 dates, compared to Janets 50.

Kylie is not bigger world wide. Europe and Australia yes but I'm sorry, Janet surpassed her globally a long time ago.

I'm so bored seeing tour/venue numbers being used as an indicator of relevance. Friggen Barry Manilow still sells out Areanas. It doesn't mean anything.

But even if it did, aside from UK and Australia dates, Kylies latest tour dates only achieved 70%-80% capacity, and the large majority of them were Theatre capacity, especially in America where she only did 17 dates, compared to Janets 50.

There's no point in arguing with you anyway because when it comes to Janet you fail to see reality. I was a fan when she was the biggest star on the planet. Now she isn't. She hasnt had a significant presence anywhere outside America in 8 years. Her last global big hit was 11 years ago. Much of it is her own fault, and it is what it is. I still love her music and can't wait for her to release.

Janet is an icon and a legend but is no longer relavent in music. Maybe she will be again and maybe not. She can not command large audiences any more out side the states. With a hit album she could. But, again, as is the case with Janet she missed an opportunity to release off the back of her tour. She has many people interested in her again right now due to her looking good and they are anticipating her music, but as has been the pattern it's likely that she won't jump at the opportunity now either.

Janet is a smart woman and if she's cool with it then so am I. Regardless of what she does next her name is already in music history as a trailblazer and icon and a legend.